1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Zoomer28, Aug 17, 2015.

1. shoohorn

shoohorn Banned

i think the every p&f ever marathon is cuz of the school season coming soon

2. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

I was watching today's Doraemon season finale, they launched its we'll be right back bumpers today (and it's incredibly punny..."More-aemon Doraemon," "Meow Back" (it's even written out on-screen that way)

EDIT: Seems Kickin' It, which is back on the schedule, even has ad-break bumpers. They may finally be closing up the rebrand soon!

#42 Riley, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

It seems they have a color scheme here. 6am-6pm is green, 6pm-6am is purple, and non comedy/action shows are dark blue.

4. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

It's called "Phineas and Ferb's Last Days of Summer", according to the bumpers.

5. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

6. Riley

Whatever happened to coming up with new, original concepts?? Why do I keep hearing about spin-offs and reboots? Just lately Nick announced a Rugrats reboot if I heard correctly, and now this?

7. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's easier to market is one big reason. If you're complaining about Nick rebooting Rugrats, remember they bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and turned that back into one of the top action figure toy lines on the market. TMNT was known even to the audience Nick was marketing the 2012 version towards when it debuted.

Also, are most of the "original" concepts really all that original? A lot of them are new takes on a previously successful type of show. And sometimes, people demand that things that are new be similar to what came before. In the world of video games, there is Mighty No. 9 that evolved from Mega Man, and Bloodstained that evolved from Castlevania, both of which were projects successfully Kickstarted by fans.

As for Lab Rats: Elite Force, it's like The Suite Life shows in that to continue it, it had to be retooled. I wonder what happened to the MTX pilot, because that sounds like it could easily be the next show to have a crossover with Lab Rats, if it were to be ordered into a series. Disney XD might have passed on that one.

8. Riley

Phineas and Ferb launched its (regular) we'll-be-right-back bumpers tonight...probably on accident, since it was part of the Last Days of Summer marathon, which had its own bumpers, but they were playing P&F Star Wars when it happens. Perhaps I'll just create a sta.sh and keep record of the shows getting 'em.

9. Riley

Caught this baby on Vimeo! It's a montage of the rebrand, but seems to be from Disney XD Latin America. It focuses mainly on Game On! (something from over there apparently) and Gravity Falls, with a brief mention of Kirby Buckets. It seems off from what we have in the US, but it's the best we got I guess.

10. Riley

Wow, this thread is dead.

Disney XD's been running LEGO Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles today and they still used an old bumper. Makes sorta sense since it's not on the regular weekday schedule.

Speaking of LEGO Star Wars, Disney XD now calls it LEGO Star Wars instead of just Star Wars (starting with Droid Tales, episode 3). I remember years back when they did that to stuff like, airing LEGO CG movies (Clutch Powers, for example, where every LEGO logo was taken out of the film). Guess they finally got the rights to use the title!

#50 Riley, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. Riley

Am I the only one who uses this thread anymore? This is like, a quadruple post by now and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here.

It appears the shows that were added to the night schedule tonight will be using series-neutral bumpers, as Tron: Uprising is playing right now and used one of them.

12. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

You know this channel may be Disney XD, but it's still Toon Disney, if you know where to look.;)

13. Zoomer28

Zoomer28 It's Cartoon Time!

Seems accurate to me :D

14. D-nice is the man.

well Here's a commercial for The 7D's rock of sages.

15. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

16. Riley

The latter's been known for a whole week yet the network's been too stupid to advertise it. Heck, today's the day its airing and only now have promos shown up.

17. PhineasPines

PhineasPines Member

Fangbone looks pretty damn good actually. I like the art style and the trailer clips reminded me of a more early 2000s cartoon humor. The animation is also very smooth and looks like mercury filmworks!

18. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

As long as they don't do too much "kids going to school over more interesting stuff happening in comparison" nonsense, I might... MIGHT just give it a chance.

19. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

20. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

Anyone know why Tron, Motor City, Arron Stone and I'm in the band are back on air? Not that I'm complaining (especially for the first two), it's just it was very unexpected.