1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Zoomer28, Aug 17, 2015.

1. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

It's great that they are putting The 7D back on it's daily schedule, sad thing is that I'm at work when it's on. The only time I get to watch it is when I don't have to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

Gravity Falls got morning-style (green theme) ad-break bumpers during today's marathon - the second to get a green one since Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything. Considering the airings of Star Wars Rebels and the Marvel Universe shows are already consistently using the rebranded bumpers (but not using the morning ones at the right times...), I think we should HOPEFULLY be getting somewhere with the rebrand soon.

Perhaps The 7D will also get their rebrand bumpers once they return.

3. Dexter Shift

Dexter Shift New Member

Hey , i love Disney XD but the arabic version of Channel are paid :p

4. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

@CartoonFridays Is that their main schedule or their Memorial Day schedule? It seems weird to air 5 LEGO Star Wars specials every weekday.

5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

It ain't bad at all - but the more popular darlings need more exposure than P&F and/or definitely Fish Hooks, however.

6. Zoomer28

Zoomer28 It's Cartoon Time!

I would barely catch Fish Hooks because school :(

7. Riley

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    How come Doctor Who, Star Wars Rebels, and the Marvel Universe shows (including Ultimate Spider-Man, which I didn't snap a picture of) have logo gradients but not any of their other shows? Not to mention the color schemes, which I assume the darker one is for more action-themed shows while the lighter one is for more upbeat (cough Wander in this case) shows...

8. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

From Sep. 1 (8pm) - Sep. 5(11am), almost the entire schedule will be filled with every episode of Phineas and Ferb (a new Pickle & Peanut and Star, a mini-marathon of Star Wars Rebels, and The Smurfs will be shown during that time, as well).

9. Riley

Another P&F multi-day marathon?! These marathons are SERIOUSLY getting out of hand, they need to just air a couple specials in a row and then show The O.W.C.A. Files (if that's their intention. If they're just airing this marathon for no reason at all I swear to god)

10. PhineasPines

PhineasPines Member

yeah these marathons are becoming even worse than Cartoon Network 2014 marathon overdose. One of the things i like about DXD and their marathons earlier this year was that they actually made it a big deal. Some marathons would get special bumpers, promos and even bonus shorts. Recently it seems like they just want to do it for the heck of it. Maybe this is just a phase or something.

11. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Yesterday's episode didn't even reach 100,000 viewers (98,000)! The show is going to get cancelled unless Disney moves Doraemon premieres to a weekend.

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Seriously, enough of these Miley Cyrus promos.

13. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

It may have been canceled already.

#33 RDG, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  14. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From Kidscreen, there are some people being promoted and new people joining Disney Television Animation.

15. PhineasPines

PhineasPines Member

Watch Disney XD PC version just updated to look like the new re-brand but the app hasn't yet.

16. Zoomer28

I think Disney XD may become the new 24-hour home for all of Disney Television Animation's ongoing shows. I looked at the full September 7th schedule, and nearly all of the channel's lineup is animated, with the exception of Doctor Who. XD may go back to airing some of it's live-action after that.

17. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Disney XD is confusing. Why would they pick up Gamer's Guide if they're planning to move away from live action? Yet they seem okay with throwing Mighty Med under the bus even though it's doing well in the ratings.

18. Zoomer28

They're actually going back to live-action on september 8th. Also, Family Canada's Gaming Show will premiere on Disney XD by Wednesday, September 9th.

19. Riley

Finally got a hold of it! The font Disney XD's been using in their rebrand is called DIN Next Pro Heavy. Here's a download.

20. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

Nice. I never really got the chance to watch Tron or Motorcity. So this is great news.

Also, I think this rebrand may be in full effect now.