Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Zoomer28, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Zoomer28

Zoomer28 It's Cartoon Time!

bandicam 2015-08-01 20-23-59-328.png

Hello, my name is Zoomer28, and this is the News & Discussion Thread for the DISNEY XD cable channel of the United States. As you all know, Disney XD used to be the complete opposite of the main Disney Channel and was nothing but boy stuff, 24/7. But nowadays, Disney XD is pretty much a modern version of TOON DISNEY, with modern Disney Television Animation shows (along with acquisitions like Doraemon) taking up most of the lineup, with live-action programming still airing sometimes.

Here are some thread rules:

No staying off-topic: This thread is meant to discuss the schedule, fate and news about the Disney XD channel and DIsney XD-related programming.
    2. No Spamming: Don't repeat messages you already sent to this thread
    3. No Fantasy Stuff: Don't post your own fantasy overhauls or schedules or else some users might get annoyed.
    4. No Trolling: Don't be a jerk to other users of this thread, or else you might just get reported.
    5. Be Positive: remember to always be positive to other users, and to never say rude things to them.

#1 Zoomer28, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  2. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

Disney XD just debuted a Doraemon bento-art bumper during the new Wander Over Yonder episode. I'm lost in confusion in the fact they actually made one for an acquistion, considering how they don't give care to many of them anymore.

3. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Why does the live stream on the app always shows the same generic promos, Gravity Falls shorts, or a simple "Watch Disney XD" logo? I saw a three year old promo for Lab Rats during the WOY premiere.

4. Riley

I think it's just badly-planned never-updated filler for while infomercials are playing on cable TV, been there since they launched the WATCH service.

5. Zoomer28

Oh yeah, have you guys heard that shows like I'm In the Band and Motorcity are returning to XD overnights starting September 7th?: https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/631491397607157760

Man, I really missed I'm In the Band, it used to be my favorite XD show (along with Mr. Young). I haven't seen Motorcity that much, but I've seen some of it, and that some of it was pretty cool.

They are also bringing back shows like Tron Uprising, Pair of Kings and Aaron Stone to the overnight schedule starting 9/7.

6. SilverLugia15

SilverLugia15 New Member

I'm wondering who the heck designed this rebrand? Could it be BDA again?
    They redesigned DC last year so they could've redesigned DXD this year.

7. Riley

Does Disney XD have to have a long, drawn-out marathon every single time they premiere a Gravity Falls episode? Both of the Season 2B episodes have gotten them for their premiere dates, and I'm looking ahead to August 31st on my guide and there's ANOTHER marathon. (Not to mention the marathon has another crappy schedule trying to fit in A Tale of Two Stans due to its abnormal length..)

8. shoohorn

shoohorn Banned

Off: What Was Toon Disney's Final Schedule Before The Rebrand

9. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

There was a marathon of every episode (except for Headhunters) before "Not What He Seems" too.

10. WingedArtist28

Seems like Gravity Falls has a marathon AND a Wander Over Yonder Season 2 Marathon as lead-in to the new episodes: The Wanders/The Axe on August 31st.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlist...nMillis=1440993600000&stnNum=18279&aid=zap2it

11. Riley

Another Gravity Falls marathon the following Monday just for a REPEAT? Someone needs to take control of these schedules. There's two premiere nights: Monday, and Wednesday. Cartoons---switching between Penn Zero/Star vs., and Gravity Falls --- and Wander seemingly switching between both of those too---on Monday, and the sitcoms on Wednesday. Sounds good right? I mean, it's not like they have any other shows they could air on specific days.

...If you know me you know I'm complaining about Doraemon, which gets new episodes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays....all of them if he's lucky. Yes, he's currently on his dead point, with his second season ending on the start of Sept and no signs of a third (yet). And the reason he's pushed into bad time slots/days now is because they keep having marathons that go through his regular, weekdaily timeslot at 1pm (which is already a HORRIBLE SLOT because most people---including me---are already going to SCHOOL. It's like Disney XD still thinks it's Summer.)

So yeah, whoever's in charge of Disney XD's scheduling needs to REALLY try harder. If they can't air Doraemon in primetime (since it's not really one of...THOSE shows) they could just air it on the weekends, when people, you know, DON'T have school. But at this point it seems Doraemon's going to be...DEAD soon and I can respect their decision not to continue working on the dub...

But it feels like giving only their third-party acquistions (that aren't mega-popular like Doctor Who) bad times and burning them off is just like...show discrimination or something, like they think people only want to see their original shows. Heck if the kids care WHO made it, heck if the kids care about seeing the Disney XD Original logo at the very end of a show. I know Boyster and Camp Lakebottom both have a bunch of unaired episodes that Disney XD in the US has probably just thrown away the rights to (and the last Pac-Man eps are just holiday specials, I checked). It seemed like when they were actually including Doraemon with its Summer lineup by...MENTIONING it and making promos for it it felt like they were trying to give it a second chance, but nowadays is where they put it in the dead slot again like they did at the end of Season 1.

Sorry this little reply turned into a big rant. Just had to get it out of my system. But yeah, whoever is in charge of Disney XD's scheduling needs to take charge.

12. Zoomer28

I saw the strangest thing on Disney XD today...

During a season 2 episode of Wander Over Yander, the Disney XD screen bug was still there through the second break, even during non-Disney XD commercials. It was fixed after another WOY episode started airing.

13. Riley

That was also happening during the second season premiere back on Aug. 3rd. The bug stayed there during break, and when the show was back it simply disappeared and was replaced by the usual animation.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

All these Miley Cyrus ads of her sticking and wagging her tongue around on Disney XD are insane to me. Disney does know this is not the old/young Miley Cyrus right?

Oh well, guess money is money to Disney.

15. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

New Disney XD schedule starting 9/7:
    Monday
    6:00AM Doraemon
    6:30AM The 7D
    7:00AM Ultimate Spider-Man
    7:30AM Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero
    8:00AM Wander Over Yonder x2
    9:00AM Phineas and Ferb x3
    10:30AM Doraemon x2
    11:30AM The 7D x2
    12:30PM Fish Hooks x2
    1:30PM Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja
    2:00PM Phineas and Ferb x4
    4:00PM Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero
    4:30PM Gravity Falls
    5:00PM LEGO Star Wars x7
    8:30PM Gravity Falls - "The Last Mabelcorn" (NEW)
    9:00PM Pickle and Peanut - "Greg / Gramma Jail" (NEW)
    9:30PM Star Wars Rebels
    10:00PM Ultimate Spider-Man
    10:30PM Star Wars Rebels x2

That's all I have so far. I'll update this post as I get more information.

And I don't know why Phineas and Ferb still gets overplayed despite being completely finished. 7 airings in one day!? A couple of those slots could be given to Kick Buttowski (which will be off the lineup soon) and/or other Marvel series like Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Avengers Assemble. I like PaF, but Disney XD should start relying it less now.

#15 Cartoon Ruler, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  16. TheVileOne

Reporter

Wish we could get Max Steel and Slugterra back, even reruns, but oh well.

17. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Disney lost the rights to those shows a LONG time ago.

18. TheVileOne

Reporter

They should get them back.

19. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

The lack of internet darlings Star Vs. (especially) and Gravity Falls, as well as underplaying shows I do like like Wander and Penn Zero is rather sad to see here (and WILL likely anger people also!), unless they're getting some actual prime-time premieres soon, that is. Even then.....

20. Zoomer28

Man, Disney XD is turning into a modern Toon Disney. Not saying it's bad though, since I actually watch cartoons way more than I do live-action.