1. Enter for a chance to win "Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  3. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Disney Channel Orders Comedy "Dog with a Blog"

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Alec, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

Seems as though "Madison High" was not picked up as the 'main actress' from Madison High is now the star of this show.

2. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Meh. Madison High sounded way better than this.

3. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Sounds silly. But cute for kids.

And heck, how bad could it be if a writer from Frasier, Rosanne, and Doogie Howser is working on it?

The title did make me laugh, though.

4. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Had this been a spin-off from Family Guy, I would have better appreciated the show. Easily can see Brian creating a blog while sipping on a martini within his own thoughts. I just don't think the execution of this show will be successful. Also, secrets again Disney? Can we stop this 'We must keep A a secret from B' system again? It's time to craft better stories.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Agreed. The idea of hyper-intelligent family dog might garnish some laughs, but the "we have something cool, but we must keep it a secret from everybody" angle is beyond tired. But then, I don't even like secret identities on superhero shows.

6. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Dogs using the internet is kind of a one-joke premise, isn't it? Disney's really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

7. PC!

PC! lolwut?

In all fairness, it's a commonly-used trope that has been used by network television for decades to varying degrees of success.