Disney Channel around the world - A comparison

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Checkerboard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Francisque

Francisque Well-Known Member

DC Scandinavia will premiere it on the 13th November at 7pm:

Apparently they'll show it subtitled (?)

2. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Correct me wrong, but on DC Scandinavia, some live-action series are subtitled, all of them are subtitled in the Finnish track. DC Israel is in a similar situation.

3. alonsosaca98

alonsosaca98 Animation Variation

I think Sweden has no problems with airing the show at all, for obvious reasons. Can't say anything for its neighbouring countries.

4. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

In Swedish, Danish and Norwegian, only the older shows are subtitled f.i. That's So Raven
    Gay marriage is also a thing in the other Nordic countries, if that's what you mean.

5. alonsosaca98

Actually I meant the excessive political progressiveness in Sweden particularly.

6. RandomMe

I think Portugal has no problems at all. What led to the censorship of shows on Biggs at first was due to an editorial decision.

7. animegamer

animegamer CEO of Meme18

@RandomMe this is how the DC logo shows up at the end of Harry and Bunnie:

Btw, DXD Asia will be airing Tsum Tsum celebrations for Mickey's birthday (I recorded this from Disney Channel so it's showing the normal feed)

Also, the SVTFOE episode Just Friends aired on DC Asia few weeks ago had some cut scenes. You can see the edits in the below vid:

Lastly, DC India will be celebrating Mickey's birthday by airing some Mickey related stuff "all day".*

https://dthforum.com/threads/mickey...ovember-all-day-only-on-disney-channel.45262/

*let's see if they really mean all day

8. RandomMe

They also blurred out a Christian cross from a grave from Gravity Falls.

This isn't Thailand. This isn't even the news. This was recorded in the Philippines. I think that the Philippine feeds should have more autonomy than the rest of the region and censor less content. I mean, they even censored dynamite from one episode!

9. animegamer

animegamer CEO of Meme18

At the moment, DC PH is literally just DC Asia with local ads.

10. RandomMe

If these censorship issues happened on DC PT, many people would complain. Especially since last year, Biggs was under fire and had to re-rate Shin-Chan as a "mature show". Though maybe they will censor a few things.

11. SpottyBlue

SpottyBlue Active Member

@animegamer, it's really weird that Disney XD airs Tsum Tsum shorts, as they were meant for both Disney Channel and Disney Junior.

Btw, the Tsum Tsum short series are considered as anime shorts because they are animated by the Japanese animation studio, Polygon Pictures.

Oh btw, during Mickey's birthday on Disney XD US:

- Bad Lip Reading and Disney XD present: Descendants
    - Reruns of Mickey Mouse shorts

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

#12211 SpottyBlue, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  12. RandomMe

Just so you know, an episode of SpongeBob had to be taken off from Clan TVE in Spain for containing words like "stupid" and "imbecile". On European prints of Regular Show, the word "moron" had to be replaced. Already in Portuguese dubs of Disney shows, the word "meu" (dude) is just "friend".

13. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Idol Time Countdown!

Wow! And I thought Treehouse TV's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic censorship was bad.
    I also read that the Asian English dub of Digimon Xros Wars, which aired on the Asian Disney XD feed, had to blur the chests of Bastemon and Lilithmon.
    For Mickey's birthday, the Japan Disney Channel is airing three hours of new Mickey and the Roadster Racers episodes at 7:00AM, then an hour of Mickey Mouse shorts at 10:00AM, and concluding with Fantasia at 11:15AM.
    Also, the Japanese Disney Junior premiered Dot from the CBC and Sarah and Duck from CBeebies this month, while Disney XD now airs the 2012 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

14. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Just got the December CZHU highlights today. @BloggerHU was right about the content. 3+ holiday themed Mickey Mouse films on Saturdays, 7+ holiday themed shows Mon-Fri at 4:30PM, 3+ holiday themed films on 15/20/24th. Newest Tangled "Queen" special is there :) And so will be Top30 countdown from 4:30-9:30PM on 29/30/31.

15. JedEmily

JedEmily Active Member

And now i introduce to you…
    …the Soy Luna English Trailer! I don’t know how to feel about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Francisque

Francisque Well-Known Member

This is not the British trailer.. it's the EMEA trailer passed for a British one (see the logo on screen during the promo, the lack of date etc.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RandomMe

@mimitchi33: But there is an irony. the footage of the censored version was recorded in the Philippines, the only Christian country in SE Asia. That's what you do when you have a feed that has to cover a lot of cultures at once.

They could at least split Disney Channel SEA into one for the mainland (Thailand and neighboring countries), one for the Philippines and one for Malaysia and Indonesia. Singapore would retain its own feed.

18. alonsosaca98

Dude, you're talking about a terrestrial channel, which is subject to more censorship because of being widely available against pay-TV networks. It's obvious they were going to cut it down. Even during the first years of Disney Channel Spain being on DTT, the Fairy Oddparents were broadcast with a high profanity level (saying "culo" which means "ass" directly),

19. ltw9719

ltw9719 Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador

Did you remember the Mickey Mouse episode I posted here long before called Locked in Love which based on our capital, Seoul? Over three months(!) after its US premiere, DC Korea will finally introduce the episode to kick off a 4-hour marathon of Mickey Mouse shorts next Saturday at 6pm to celebrate Mickey's 89th birthday. And that's the one and only celebration they prepared this year as no other Mickey-related shows are scheduled. :sweat:

Meanwhile, here's a video that some of DC stars speak about recent 'controversy' surrounding Andi Mack as discussion about the series heating up in this thread.

#12219 ltw9719, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  20. SpottyBlue

SpottyBlue Active Member

I wish Disney South Korea will bring Disney XD Korea.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk