And now for some general info on three Asian versions of Disney Channel: DISNEY CHANNEL INDIA began broadcasting on December 17th, 2004, replacing the Disney blocks on Star Plus. It is available in four languages (English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu*). Aside from the usual Disney Channel stuff, it airs local versions of American shows (Good Luck Charlie becomes Best of Luck Nikki) and Doraemon reruns from Hungama TV, which gave one of the 7392 Doraemon movies (Nobita's Dorabian Nights) good ratings. It has three sister channels: Disney Junior, Disney XD and Hungama TV. By the way, the three main voices in children's entertainment get exclusive channels for India: Cartoon Network: Pogo Disney Channel: Hungama TV Nickelodeon: Sonic Nickelodeon (*the sheer volume of languages in India makes Bollywood the biggest movie industry in the world) DISNEY CHANNEL JAPAN began broadcasting on November 18th, 2003. Available only in Japanese, it airs the typical Disney Channel stuff as well as some odd shows like Zig and Sharko and Mirmo. It has two sister channels: Disney Junior and Disney XD (the former Toon Disney). DISNEY CHANNEL SOUTH KOREA began broadcasting on July 1st, 2011. Until then, Korean watched 90% of the Southeast Asian Disney Channel with the Malaysian shows (the remaining 10%) being cut. It was also available in English with subtitles. The channel is available only in Korean. Also, on weekends, it airs a lot of movies and shorts. (Today, they aired Toy Story of Terror). It only has one sister channel: Disney Junior.