1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Channel around the world - A comparison

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Checkerboard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Disney Channel's Christmas logo for 2013 is now on air. It is a mix between the 2012 "Ice Cube" logo they used at Christmas with the 2011 "Snow and Ornaments" logo. On Disney Junior, it's the same as last year: snow on top of the logo!
    And still, no news on the remaining episodes of Gravity Falls :sad:... I want to see Mermando appear on my screen.
    (I'm not a fan of Gravity Falls but I like merpeople)

2. josie

josie Well-Known Member

^ RandomMe, do you know which version of Disney Channel I get in Serbia? We have the subtitles but I have no idea for what countries this version airs. I don't really know which feeds Disney has in Europe. Do they have EMEA feed like CN? We used to have Disney XD, also with subtitles and I think that was the version for Turkey.

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I don't want to take off RandomMe's job, but it's the Middle East version of Disney Channel. It airs in Arabic, English and with Serbian subtitles. (Wikipedia has confused Swedish with Serbian XD)

Here's their website and their YouTube channel. Back when they still had a schedule on their site, you could see it was completely the same schedule.

I have no idea about your Disney XD, though.

4. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Thanks. Good to know. Wish they would show more Disney classics. I only watch when there's some classic Disney feature film, usually on weekends.

5. Red Arrow :D

I like your Disney Channel. It has That's So Raven, Sonny with a Chance (the only Disney sitcoms I like), The Emperor's New School and Gravity Falls :)

The Flemish DC only has Gravity Falls, but these are reruns from the Dutch Disney XD. (both air it without the ending credits!) The other shows are stupid.
    + they never aired season 4 of TSR.
    + Currently, everything airs in Dutch (also the live-action series!), except on weekends from 21:30 until 23:15. So if my DC reran TSR or SWAC, I wouldn't watch it anyway...

You are actually very lucky! ;)

EDIT: The Dutch DC is the same, BTW. Their schedule is slightly different and they have other commercials, but that's it. DC NL started on October 3rd, 2009 and DC FL on November 1st, 2009.

6. RandomMe

Disney XD Serbia's website hasn't been updated for 3 to 4 years!

7. Red Arrow :D

The schedule is still updated: disneyxd.disney.rs/programska_shema

It is (/was) indeed the same feed as Disney XD Turkey. (Turkish schedule)

8. RandomMe

That's the only part of the site that updates regularly.
    I wish we had Disney XD over here...
    DC NL/FL and DXD NL/FL air Gravity Falls without the end credits? They can't read the cryptograms at the end!

9. josie

josie Well-Known Member

A year (or so) ago our biggest cable company SBB put Disney XD out of it's offer, sadly.

My only hope now is that they will return it now that KidsCo is ending.

10. RandomMe

Did they replace it with Disney Channel?
    Try and write a letter to them. Disney XD should be on the same channel where KidsCo used to be (channel 310).

11. josie

josie Well-Known Member

^ No, we had Disney Channel seperately from Disney XD and it stayed on. I wrote on SBB's forum so hopefully they will listen.

12. Red Arrow :D

@Josie: Oh, so Disney XD still exists in Serbia on less popular TV providers?

I don't like your Disney XD :( Mine at least has Gravity Falls and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. (The second one mostly airs in English with subtitles :) But I can't watch it because it only airs at 21:45, and I can only watch Disney XD between 06:00 and 18:00)

@RandomMe: Disney XD FL doesn't exist.

13. RandomMe

But STILL I wish we had our own Disney XD... We get Ultimate Spider-Man on SIC on the Disney Kids block (it replaced Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja a few weeks ago).

14. RandomMe

The closest thing we ever got to Toon Disney over here (mostly due to branding issues): TOON NEWS:
    [video=youtube;oMp0B_IYJ-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMp0B_IYJ-o[/video]

15. RandomMe

This year, there will be no "Um Natal com Surpresa"... It consisted of a random image appearing on screen to give you an exclusive thing.

16. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Yes.

I didn't really watch much of it while I had it but I remember it had actual cartoons and not just live action teen stuff like Disney.

17. RandomMe

My decoder puts the logos of every channel to represent a channel. However,my decoder when it comes to Disney Channel Portugal still uses the 2003 logo...

18. RandomMe

Disney Channel turned 12 on November 28th!
    [​IMG]
    They did nothing special that day.

19. Moleoman

Moleoman Well-Known Member

No one previously expected, but "Doraemon" will premiere on Disney XD in Poland on 20th January 2014. They started to show promos for this show weeks ago.

20. RandomMe

WHAT?! Really?
    Doraemon is REALLY starting to encroach Eastern Europe. And it WON'T be available in English because there will be no dub of it.
    My best guess is that they will premiere the 2005 show.
    OFF: It was already mentioned over here, but DC India airs Doraemon reruns from Hungama TV, but only in Hindi/Tamil/Telugu. Here's a screenshot of DC India airing Doraemon:
    HUNGAMA TV:
    [​IMG]
    DISNEY CHANNEL INDIA:
    [​IMG]
    (source of these photos: http://www.gottobepresenttowin.com/?page_id=8608)
    And it gave DC India some good ratings:
    [​IMG]