1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Channel around the world - A comparison

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Checkerboard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

We only air My Babysitter's a Vampire in October.
    Last year, on November 1st, they expanded their Halloween schedule with an extra block that day.
    Also, it seems that the 2005 plans for Jetix Portugal went down the well.

2. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Sucks for you guys...... You know Disney really needs to launch a retro channel.

3. RandomMe

The promo for Disneyspertador:
    [video=youtube;_g14MJgarvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g14MJgarvo[/video]
    Funnily enough there is footage from "For Your Ice Only" which won't air until December... :'(
    Here's a Back to School bumper w/Phineas and Ferb (I thought that it was a commercial at first): Disney Channel Portugal - "Back To School" Phineas And Ferb Ident - YouTube
    DCbanners13 also has some more stuff from DC Portugal.

4. RandomMe

Disney Portugal's Facebook page has announced recently that PnF:MM will premiere soon with this picture:
    [​IMG]
    OH COME ON! GIVE ME THE DATE!

5. RandomMe

A glitch happened today at 15:40 before The Replacements: instead of the "Next" bumper for the show, they aired the closing bumper for Mickey e Amigos. AGAIN.

6. RandomMe

Remember last month, where I mentioned that Disneyspertador is not a new block and that a block with the same name existed back in 2006?
    And didn't you know that a promo for that old block has been unearthed? Here it is:
    [video=youtube;2YDaQMjrtno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YDaQMjrtno[/video]

7. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

I'll be getting a laptop this weekend and hooking it up to my HDTV with a HDMI cord. Internet I'll be getting on the 20th ( I use moms for now). Where we only get Family Channel here I'll be watching Disney Channel USA via the internet with Rabbit TV. http://rabbittvreviews.com/2012/12/28/rabbittvchannels/

8. RandomMe

Uh... it might be... nevermind. Tell me later.

9. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Here's our new subtitled schedule of DC since late October:
    In Flanders:
    Weekends:
    21:35 A.N.T. Farm
    22:00 Jessie
    22:20 Sat: Austin & Ally / Sun: Dog with a Blog
    22:45 Shake It Up

In the Netherlands:
    Weekends:
    21:20 Shake It Up
    21:45 A.N.T. Farm
    22:10 Jessie
    22:30 Sat: Austin & Ally / Sun: Dog with a Blog

As you can see: subtitled programms are gone on weekdays.

This is AWFUL. Sonny with a Chance and That's So Raven are the only live-action shows I like, but they are horrible in Dutch. They used to start at 17:00 or 18:00 with subtitles. (There was a summer where they even started at 16:15!) So this is pretty depressing :(

At least they rerun Gravity Falls. (But they should also rerun Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Kim Possible and The Emperor's New School...)

#69 Red Arrow :D, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  10. RandomMe

Sorry to interrupt all of you, but I recently discovered on a website that TV Bahoriston (spring garden), a children's channel operating from Tajikistan is airing Violetta - with the Disney Channel logo intact!
    It seems to be a normal thing in that country: television channels air pirated copies of movies and shows. Even football matches (!!) are subject to this.
    But no. We can't go to that country and complain. Tajikistan is a poor country.
    The good thing is - the Disney Channel logo is partially obscured by a time and date thing.

11. RandomMe

More about TV Bahoriston: it seems that they aired the Zack and Cody movie a couple of weeks back, and on the back of the logo, we could see the logo of a marathon that aired on DC Russia when they first aired it.
    Here's their logo:
    [​IMG]
    (if you can't understand Cyrillic, then it spells out TVB.)
    More info: it broadcasts from 6:00 to sometime between 22:00 and 23:00. Apart from stolen cartoons, it also broadcasts local content and bad animated karaoke videos of English nursery rhymes and Tajik children's songs.
    The "time and date thing" consists of a clock (the current time) and, on the right, the date (formatted like this: DD.MM.YYYY, I use DD/MM/YYYY) and underneath the date, the day of the week (in Tajik, of course, even though most of the schedule is in Russian).
    Back to DC Portugal:
    Tomorrow, during the morning and afternoon hours, there will be a special dedicated to Mickey Mouse on his 85th birthday. It will consist of classic cartoons with Mickey in it, a Three Musketeers-themed movie starring Mickey, Donald and Goofy and episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (despite the end of the Disney Junior block in June). Some of the new shorts will also air.
    On Saturday, November 23rd... The moment I've been waiting for... DC Portugal will finally premiere... PHINEAS AND FERB: MISSION MARVEL! I'll give more info tomorrow (It may air during the morning hours).

#71 RandomMe, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  12. RandomMe

PnF: MM will premiere next Saturday at 10:05! Followed by PnF: TM: AT2D at 10:55.

13. RandomMe

Disney Channel Germany will move to terrestrial broadcasting on January 17th, 2014. Here's the logo:
    [​IMG]
    Apart from the Disney Channel shows it will also air some ABC Family shows, like DC Russia. But what will happen to Super RTL? Is Super RTL ending their Disney block?

14. Moleoman

Moleoman Well-Known Member

15. RandomMe

Last month, I noticed that Super RTL has stopped airing their Disney block in the early evening hours. Dragons: Riders of Berk (owned by Dreamworks, to be more accurate) has replaced Phineas and Ferb, but the live-action show at 18:45 is still a Disney show.

16. RandomMe

Mission Marvel is on over here. I wish we had Disney XD...

17. RandomMe

So it appears that TV Bahoriston is airing "stolen" episodes of the Russian dub of Darkwing Duck shortly before 19:00 local time.
    This time, the culprit is Channel One Russia, and it aired in 2008 (Nevafilm dub dates from 2007).
    Before DC Russia existed, Disney shows aired either on Channel One or on STS.
    Also, it appears to be the last channel in the world to air old episodes of Totally Spies...
    "It's way better than watching Disney Channel."
    ...and it also airs drawings from viewers.

18. RandomMe

TVB again...
    They just finished airing "Teen Beach Movie". Tonight they will close down after 23:00.
    Also, from December 1st or 2nd, DC Portugal will premiere their Christmas look. I'm waiting for the Christmas logo...

19. RandomMe

Disney Channel Germany will close down until the 17th of January:
    [video=youtube;4KvaOCM5oyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvaOCM5oyQ[/video]

20. RandomMe

Part 1 of the first season of Violetta is over. Now they have a magazine and CDs...
    Later I will make a Christmas post.
    (OFF: And TVB also airs Korean dramas in Russian with the original channel logos still intact. At least the KBS 2 HD and MBC HD logos were...)