1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Channel around the world - A comparison

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Checkerboard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

And it is the only European country where it is popular (It and also Spain, correct me wrong).

2. Moleoman

Moleoman Well-Known Member

Three days ago Disney Channel Poland premiered "Teen Beach Movie" and aired the sneak-peek of "Wolfblood". Also the 3rd season of "A.N.T. Farm" premieres on this channel on 21st September. DC PL will show also "Finding Nemo" on 28th September. Disney XD Poland, on other hand started showing "Camp Lakebottom" this month. Ironically both channels still use their summer idents.

Little Off-Top: When I looked into the articles of Disney shows in Portuguese Wikipedia, I was surprised that most of those articles lacked information about Portugal dubs of those shows.

3. RandomMe

Some shows don't have any clip of their EU-PT dub, like Teacher's Pet (Este Cão é um Craque), which aired during the channel's scrambled era (2001-2008).

4. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

In Canada we have Family Channel instead of Disney Channel.Programming featured on the channel consists primarily of Canadian-produced original series, current and archived original programming imported mainly from Disney Channel in the United States and some theatrically released feature films. The channel operates two timeshifted feeds: East (Eastern Time) and West (Pacific Time). We also have a Disney XD and Disney Junior! Family Channel airs repeats of Wizards of Waverly Place and The Suite Life on Deck alot. Disney Junior here has the Little Mermaid and Ducktales. Disney XD airs American Dragon among its old cartoons. Maybe someday we might get a Disney Channel like we have Teletoon and Cartoon Network. Who knows.... On the 20th of Sept. Liv and Maddie premieres.

#44 jfoley85, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  5. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

#45 jfoley85, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  6. RandomMe

I switched the audio to English during Violetta and...
    ...there is none. It seems that all third-party shows don't have proper English tracks.

7. RandomMe

Disney Channel is #1 on cable and satellite television!
    Plus, they have talks together with other companies (such as Cofina, which already owns news, entertainment and movies channel CM TV and Sony, who owns the three AXN channels) to put their channels available terestrially. I welcome Disney Channel to the dull world of Portuguese terrestrial television, they only added AR TV (my country's parliamentary) channel since the analog switch-off in 2012.

8. RandomMe

Some notes on DC Portugal: their new schedule involves all lackluster shows from 9:10 to sometime between 11 and 12, but that doesn't help anyone who's sick...
    Sandra the Fairytale Detective is a new third-party show, it only airs on weekend mornings.
    Another new block: "Disneyspertador" which airs from 7:30 to 9:10, airing Phineas and Ferb and Kim Possible. They could replace KP with FH or any other show they can think of.
    It's not a new block. According to the Internet, a block with the same name aired in 2006.
    OFF: this is not from Disney Channel, this is from Canal Q: João Aragão has made this piece about a "Smiley Face" (no, not THOSE ones, but a singer called Smiley Face) who becomes a thief at night, which is revealed to be a show on Disney Junior (Disney Junior Portugal has no local content, by my reckoning): Da Miley Cyrus à Ana Malhoa, como evitar a decadência dos ídolos das crianças - SAPO Vídeos

9. Moleoman

Moleoman Well-Known Member

10. RandomMe

11. RandomMe

Monstubro (Monstober) debuts on Friday with special episodes and the return of My Babysitter's a Vampire. Here, it only airs during October.

12. RandomMe

These are the four major events of Monstubro 2013:
    1: Quem Foi? (Who Did It?) - Fear-themed marathon with matching episodes of live-action shows, new Gravity Falls (which hasn't been airing on our feed for two to three weeks) and a new Mickey Mouse short. (October 4th)
    2: Grande Mudança (Big Change) - Episodes of DC shows in which characters change their bodies. Highlights include new episodes of Austin and Ally, Jessie and ANT Farm. (October 11th)
    3: Futuro Im-Perfeito (Im-Perfect Future) - Episodes of DC shows in which characters time-travel to the future. Includes a new episode of Austin and Ally in which Ross Lynch sings Timeless. (October 18th)
    4: 13 Dias de Halloween (13 Days of Halloween) : The main event. It's full of new episodes, Halloween-themed movies and more stuff. (October 19th through October 31st)
    There will also be a Cinderella event due to the "Disney Princess of the Month" thing they've been doing for the past few months.
    DC's Halloween logo went live on Tuesday (October 1st). It's a blue wall (for the background), with yellow outline and text.
    Last year, it was originally intended to premiere Gravity Falls (in a 10-minute slot, rather than a 20-minute slot) on October 31st, 2012. It was even on my EPG, but then they were real liars and postponed the premiere to June 5th, as part of "Junho Monstruoso" (Monstrous June).

13. RandomMe

Some continuity from October 4th:
    [video=youtube;ExpIU9c86z4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExpIU9c86z4[/video]

14. RandomMe

I just found this oddity:
    Jetix heads to Portugal in ’05 » Kidscreen
    Looks like we were about to have our own Jetix channel in 2005, but the plans went down the well...
    FOX Kids and Jetix shows aired exclusively on SIC at the time.

15. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Monstober is on Family Channel this month in Canada. It's apparently on Disney Channel in the USA as well. Family channel has always been like Disney Channel here. I still hope though we someday get the Disney Channel brand, as well, as Family Channel has a lot of re-run shows mixed with new ones.

16. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

[video=youtube;YzIiU6Mj5Qk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzIiU6Mj5Qk[/video]

17. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

[video=youtube;OZ5SEK1DwdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ5SEK1DwdM[/video]

18. RandomMe

Heh heh, there is also Monstober in Spain!
    Also, have you seen the link I posted on Sunday?

19. RandomMe

A technical glitch happened today at 17:00: at the end of the "Phineas e Ferb-inator" block, the ending bumper for "Mickey e Amigos" (Mickey and Friends) was played instead.

20. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Yes, I did take a look at it !!! Disney seems to like using this brand for October LOL !!!