Disney Channel 2014 Worldwide Rebrand Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by LDEJRuff, Mar 25, 2014.

1. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

So, I've been wondering. Since Disney Channel in Germany has rebranded itself on January 2014, and BDA is doing this global rebranding thing, could there be a possibility of our Disney Channel to get a rebrand sometime in 2014? Let's find out...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  2. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

That logo looks very cheap.

3. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

That logo makes it look vaguely like an unfamiliar European television station.
    I've seen it back in January, it looks positively European.

4. LDEJRuff

May look that way, but it's a possibility that DCUS may get it.

5. RegularCapital

RegularCapital TVS: Portakabin TV Part of Fox Kids/Disney History

The logo looks ok, but the "Channel" text in capitals doesn't look right and the Mickey Mouse ears on a slant on the dot of the "i" doesn't look right either.

There's nothing wrong with the current logo.
    It's been known to have a different logo in Europe/International than the United States, while the U.S. had the "Mouse Ears TV" logo we had the Red and Blue splat logo.

6. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

How would that logo look like on my DC? It's on the top left rather than on the bottom left, something that didn't happen with the bug since 2003.

7. RegularCapital

RegularCapital TVS: Portakabin TV Part of Fox Kids/Disney History

[MENTION=51596]RandomMe[/MENTION]: A transparent version of the Red and Blue splat was used as a bug and was in the top right corner, so that's now three different places a DC bug has been located on a screen in Europe!

8. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Maybe the 2014 American Disney Channel rebranding could make the channel get real commercial breaks and not promos and shorts during commercial breaks!

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I don't see that happening. They'd have no reason to do that.

10. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator

I agree. Putting advertisements would place them in the same category as Nickelodeon, which is on the rebound right now. Disney Channel exists to promote Disney. Disney is a lot like Nintendo here. When Nintendo products sell well, Nintendo benefits most, because Nintendo promotes Nintendo, so it's the same kind of logic.

11. Lenny128

Lenny128 Likes Cartoons

In my opinion I kinda like the new logo. I think it looks good. At least it shows that it is still Disney and has some charm in the design compared to CN's current logo.

12. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Yeah, pre-order that's a good idea!

I wonder if these means a new direction and announcer, but I doubt it, but maybe they will get a new announcer.

13. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I've seen that logo before. It would be nice to get it on DCUS.

But I don't want them to become ad supported. I like the ideas of the breaks being promos, shorts, trailers, interviews, music videos, etc. Whether you're an animation or live action fan, or both (like me), there's something there for everyone (I liked some of those exclusive interviews for the movies).

14. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

Over here, Disney Channel IS ad supported, it just shows a few toy ads here and there.

15. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

But Disney XD airs real commercial breaks!

16. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Disney XD is a digital extra channel that's in fewer homes than TDC. Therefore, DXD needs to run ads for revenue, while TDC doesn't. Anyway, commercial breaks or none, Disney is still making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by self promotion, so I'd say that it's a non-issue. If the Disney Channel's promos, music videos and filler segments don't appeal to you, you can always change the channel when they come on, just like with commercials.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  17. bobbyjoejentry

bobbyjoejentry New Member

So, just because Disney XD has commercial breaks, you think that Disney Channel should have them as well? Whats your point here ? The current formula works just fine, If it aint broke, don't fix it

They already have plugs and shout outs to advertisers similar to a PBS style format which can be technically considered a commercial break. Also there is a difference in programming between the two networks, Disney Channel is the main spotlight, there big moneymaker, it is in more homes, its a household name, Disney channel has a majority of in house productions and focuses on the Disney brand as a whole, while XD on the other hand is more of a spin off, and doesn't have as big of a viewer base, or as many in house productions and frequently relies on movies, syndicated series, or Canadian cartoons to fill schedule time, As stated in the post before, Disney XD is not in nearly as many homes as Disney Channel is, so it relies more on advertising dollars than the main channel which has been pretty sufficient on its own, If Disney Channel didn't need to put in commercials before, why should they now ?

18. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

The new logo looks awkward IMO. I don't really care for the Mickey Mouse ears over the dot on the "i".

19. LDEJRuff

Hmmm, seeing that Girl Meets World teaser promo hints the upcoming rebrand, though we see the feel of the rebrand so far.

20. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

At least it uses the "smartphone app" logo...
    Also, Russia will change to the new logo (or, more accurately, a variant of it):
    [​IMG]
    They will adopt it for the simple reason that the channel is independent from other feeds (it operates from Moscow and has a Russian license). Plus the "КАНАЛ" is still in the old font, they didn't use a similar font for it...