Disney Announces A TV series for Monster inc

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by NeoplanDan, Nov 9, 2017.

1. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

http://www.justjared.com/2017/11/0...to-get-tv-series-on-disney-streaming-service/

According to the Just Jared website, it confirmed that Disney will be making a tv series based off of Monsters inc film as a part of the Disney's streaming service in 2019, alongside with High School Musical and Star Wars.

"Disney’s upcoming streaming service has announced three exciting new series!

A live-action Star Wars series is in the works and it is set to launch in 2019.

New shows based on the Disney Channel film franchise High School Musical and the beloved Pixar film Monsters, Inc. are also in the works, according to THR."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1 NeoplanDan, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Cool, the first TV series based on a Pixar film since Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. I'll be looking forward to this. Looks like these series based on movies are doing well for Disney. Hopefully we'll get an Incredibles and Zootopia series soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Action!

Action! Active Member

Can't wait!

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

There is a lot that can be worked with a Monsters Inc series, this is something that I look forward to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Will it take place before or after the movie, I wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That is pretty interesting news. A Monsters Inc. TV series could definitely work, although I wonder if it takes place before or after the first movie. I would hope for after the movie since that could be a lot more interesting. As much as I did enjoy Monsters University, it also seemed rather unnecessary. It can be hard to make a prequel really work, but I don't think that we needed one for Monsters Inc. Still, it could be fun either way.

A new live-action Star Wars series makes sense and I'm surprised that it took them this long to do something more with the High School Musical franchise. Granted, it would have a bit more of a nostalgic flare by now, but they haven't done much with it since the third movie. While I didn't see the mass appeal of those movies, I am curious how they'll handle a new series. They could probably get the original cast for at least cameos, but I suspect that they'll be featuring all new characters.

7. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

I'm honestly really excited about this news.
    I love the Monsters franchise, and I'd be lying if I said I disliked (or even hated) the High School Musical movies.
    So TV series on both will be appointment for me--even if I don't subscribe to the Disney streaming service.

As for a Star Wars series, it'll be interesting to see where things go somewhere in the Galaxy Far, Far Away--especially after the spectacular Rebels. But I know a new series will be brilliant in the right hands (which I believe won't be too hard to find.)

8. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I'm not too sure about either, especially the new live-action SW joint coming out. After how High Tier SW: Rebels turned out, that's going to be a tough act to follow. Plus, I'm not too big on live-action, unless it's movies and some sports (specifically English football...) - it's going to take a lot of convincing to make me change my min on some things, honestly.

I can see the Monsters, Inc. show being a hit if they know who to aim for, however - something The 7D unfortunately missed the mark on (IMHO) and I can only hope not to see a 2nd time in a while... Don't let me down, Disney - you're on to something with your animation department, so far, as of late.

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Color me surprised. I think the Monsters INC series will take place before the movie. Or at least I hope it does because the movie had a perfect ending.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There was a comic released by BOOM! that took place after Monsters Inc. Though it’s unlikely they’ll adapt any of the episodes off that, it shows that there’s much more potential for the series to take place after the movie instead of before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

As much as I love Monsters Inc...I feel mixed about a series. The first movie ended on a sweet note, and the sequel was a prequel so it had no bearing on the first's ending whatsoever, I don't think there's any more story left to tell.

Unless it dealt with Mike and Sully training new recruits or a new generation of monsters to work for the company, I could see that working. Maybe the characters from MU could show up. Did Mike and Sully ever keep in touch with their former fraternity brothers from Oozma Kappa?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Well, this should be interesting. I enjoyed the two movies, and I do see potential with a tv show. Though I wonder what the show's rating will be. The movies were rated G, just like Peter Pan and The Lion King, and the latter two had tv shows with a TV-Y rating, Jake And The Neverland Pirates and The Lion Guard. It'll also be interesting to see who could return to the series, and who will be replaced. I could see John Goodman coming back since he's done some cartoon work, like CuriousGeorge 3, and his animated filmography is impressive. Or, they could get the characters voiced by their video game voice actors.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

This will be interesting. I'm betting it might end up in 2d, since they did a Buzz Lightyear tv series and it's in 2d.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of the original cast will return, Jennifer Tilly, John Goodman, Kelsey Grammer, are likely and maybe Steve Buscemi as well.

I really hope Billy Crystal will return, he's never been one to do recurring tv roles.