1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Disconnected: Cable Networks That Didn't Quite Make it" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris I am a DuMont production.

Here in Salem, we have three local access channels, and at night, all three of them have sort of what I'm talking about, only they made the graphics a lot better (worse?) I don't know why we have CCTV1, 2 and 3 (Capitol Community TV), seems like just one was enough. Maybe I should tape them for posteriority before they vanish.

2. pacman000

pacman000 New Member

Did some Googling on the "Prime of Life Network." To find anything, I had to put the network's name in quotes. That returned about 10 pages, one of which was a newspaper from the 80's: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112361154/

If these are the same networks, PLN was aimed at older viewers, was based out of Nashville, and it used to be called the Prime Time Broadcasting Network.

"The Prime of Life Network, which is geared for viewers over age 45, will include movie classics, big band era music shows, and how-to shows on topics like home repairs, fishing and auto maintenance. 'By mature market, we do not mean X-rated,' said It. Clay Tep-penpaw, vice president and general manager. 'We mean mature interest levels.' Prime of Life Network is owned by Indigo Music Corp. Indigo is also the parent company of Nashville Audio Video Productions, Inc., which will do editing and production work for the network."

3. pacman000

pacman000 New Member

HTN stood for the Home Theater Network.

According to a comment on this video, it may have transformed into the Travel Channel:

• Like Like x 1
  4. pacman000

pacman000 New Member

Wikipedia does have an article on HTN, but you'd probably need to know what those initials stood for to find the network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Theater_Network
    Appears to have been an very early cable network, lasted from '78 to '86. Focused on family films, with travel segments as interludes. After the network was shut down the Travel Channel name was sold to TWA to start the Travel Channel. (This is all from Wikipedia, and they provide no cites for this article at the time of writing, so take that as you will.)

5. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

I could barely find anything on PLN even WITH the quote marks. You're doing God's work.

6. pacman000

pacman000 New Member

Thank you, twilicorn.