Digimon Xros Wars: The Boy Hunters Who Leap Through Time - Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by veemonjosh, Oct 1, 2011.

1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

[​IMG]
    Digimon Xros Wars
    The Boy Hunters Who Leap Through Time

For the first time since the Adventure saga, a Digimon sequel series has been made!

[​IMG]

What new secrets does the dimension of DigiQuartz hold? Who are the mysterious hunters? What (or who) will time travel bring? Don't turn your back on Xros Wars, because it's just getting started!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  2. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how this new arc unfolds. Judging by the promos the focus will be on the the main three Digimon using chou shinka, but I wonder if they'll combine together, too?

3. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

The preview at the end of the last episode made it clear there would be regular evolution in this series, but it'll be interesting to see what type of DigiXrosses, if any, they have in this new series, especially since it looks like t might be a group of two rival teens traveling through time competing with each other from the pictures.

It's also a surprise that the new goggle head appears to have a red digivice instead of blue since all the other characters seemed to be based off the individuals favorite color.

4. Rob_TF

Rob_TF New Member

5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

So let me get me straight judging by the OP, one of the human partners is going to be an old man? We have had adults with Digimon partners before like in Savers, and I guess the end of Adventures 02, but a first for one to be part of the main cast.

6. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Yeah, I can't say I like the opening. For a boys show, it's not very...boy-esque. I guess Toei had a contract to fulfill and decided to fullfil it.

7. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Did I see Gennai there or what?

And YES, Astamon is finally in the freaking show. His design was too cool not to be.

And also it seems we finally get the concept of two teams of tamers on opposite sides.

8. Mr. Hypocrite

Mr. Hypocrite Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.

Reminds me a bit of Tamers. That part at the end of the Opening theme seems similar to the last parts of both the op for Tamers and Frontier.

The two opposing teams thing is interesting. We kind of saw it with the previous series (and technically with Savers as well) but this is the first time they've really gone all the way with it. I'm wondering if it will stick.

9. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Okay, let's get this started

-New OP. Very calm. It sounded...okay, but I don't think I like this new turn to softer instrumentals. On the plus side, the instrumental version of it with the Saxophones is GLORIOUS. I'd want to own that. Also the DIGITAL MONSTER callback to the old days of Digimon was sweet

-No ED Song AGAIN. But, we got Psychic Lover. The Psychic Lover insert was AWESOME. I also heard some of the older XW tracks

-Okay, so this will be focusing on jumping between the Real World and DigiQuartz which involves time travel which apparently is between both worlds....'Kay.

-Tagiru, I don't know what to think of him yet. Hot-blooded protags can be fun to watch and this kid was a reaction-face goldmine but how can they calm that annoyance into a good character? We'll have to see. (Also, this Mami friend of his? Totally not an Akari expy)

-Gumdramon on the other hand...oh man. This guy. This freaking Digimon. He is a short little d-bag. He is literally the jerkiest main Digimon to be with the main character. He was using Tagiru and deceived him straight-up just so he could escape....and I love that I love how this guy has his personality out-right and I love how he's scared of the Digimon King. It's cool how they became bros at the end. Can he surpass him as best partner in my mind though?

-Taiki's still Taiki, but it's so weird to not see him for half the episode. Yuu is turning into a good character too. I see he inherited his sister's trolling.

-Ryoma is very classy. He's clearly the rival, but he's no Kiriha or Yamato. He seems closer to Touma but even more assured of himself. He's basically a junior businessman as a Digimon Hunter. Ren was...shady, not much to say about that. Airu was WOW! JUST WOW! I can't wait to see more of her.

-But to be honest, I have literally no idea what's going on. This was straightfoward for a first episode, but it sure leaves a lot of questions of what is happening and where is the story going. But, ah, they're keeping DigiXros. But this is quite different from before I ssee

Overall...I liked it. Wasn't as explosive as XW's first episode though, but it was far far more concise to where it was going and setting up a mystery. Looking forward to two, but the characters need to start getting along fast. And start showing the older characters too darn it! I don't want to worry whether or not they'll show up

Also, you know what was really classy and fitting? Jazz music starting up when Astamon showed up

10. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

A great start. It had elements from past series all over. It is the mysterious of Tamers, and the main character looks like Takato. Also if you agree with me or not, it has an element of Zero Two besides being a sequal series, but I think the three mains remind me of Zero Two, Taiki = Taichi, Yuu = Takeru, and Tagiru = Daisuke, the brash new guy that it is over excited and doesn't know what he is getting into.

I think all of the other characters with Digimon are from the future. The old man might be someone we know, Ryoma I am thinking he might be Kiriha's kid or grandkid. Is Airu is sister? If so, if we go my theory than she is also Kiriha's decedent. They did seem to know Taiki, so they just scream time travelers.

The first arc of this series is like Tamers and Savers, the plot is wild Digimon invading the human world, all while the characters get to know each other, with no real plot of evil just yet.

I am hoping for once, we might get a human villain and Digimon alliance. An evil Digimon having an evil human partner would make sense, like if Kurata had Vamdeom or Bugramon as partners, though obviously that wouldn't happen with Kurata has the point of his character he doesn't trust Digimon, so that is relies on robots and mutant Digimon. But you get the point.

11. Ryoutarou

Ryoutarou [Insert title]

I enjoyed episode 1/55 a lot. There's a rather mysterious feel to the events playing out in the entire episode. It doesn't quite feel like a sequel just yet, but only because Taiki and Yuu had minimal screen time and it was mostly Tagiru's first adventure and meeting with the other hunter team.

I really didn't expect such a change in mood so early on, or at all. The staff is more or less the same, but I guess the producer's changed his vision for this season. It's going to be interesting to see how this show diverts from the overall tone of the previous show. Gamudramon is a pretty fun character, though he reminds me a lot of early Shoutmon...who is now a king! And Gamudramon is nervous as heck at the idea of meeting Shoutmon.

12. Scirel

13. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Oh damn, Wada! :( Hang in there!!

14. Ducard

Ducard Active Member

Terrible news. I hope his treatment goes well.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

15. Mr. Hypocrite

Mr. Hypocrite Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.

Cancer seems to be sneaking up on a lot of famous people lately.

Here's hoping he fights it off again.

16. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

Yeah, hopefully he recovers again. Man... =/

I wonder if they'll ask different artists now to do songs.

17. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

18. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

It's hard to tell with just one episode, but so far...yeah, it seems like one who hasn't seen much of the first series could still get into this one.

All you really need to know is:

- Shoutmon is now the Digimon King.
    - Yuu (the blonde haired kid) is Nene's brother who, previously, had been manipulated (ala the Digimon Kaizer) by a villain.
    - Damemon, Yuu's partner, was a member of the Bagra Army.
    - Evolution, in this incarnation, works as temporarily accelerating the aging process of a Digimon to what they'll be at the natural peak of their abilities.

19. Scirel

this series is really changing a lot of the rules about digimon, such as what evolution means, and that digimon can have aprents, etc..

20. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Also it looks we are back to one digimon per person. No more of these teams or armies, of course we will still have Digi Xross because that is still the name of the series, as we saw in the opening, our hero will Digi Xross their digimon and I am sure there will be others in the future those mysteries digimon hunters and our three main protagonist get on the same page.