Digimon Fusion on Nicktoons Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by zoombie, Feb 17, 2014.

1. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Okay since there was not enough activity on the indvidual episode talkback thread, I decided to start a talkback thread. My thanks to the people that started the episode talkback threads from when it was on Nick and than on Nicktoons, and I picked up the ball and started doing them, it was a fun ride, but the people have spooken or not spooken.

Multiple armies are fighting for dominance of the Digital World. Xros Heart, Blue Flare, Twilight, and the Bagra Army are each searching for the 108 Code Crowns that grant control of Zones, fractured pieces of the Digital World, and whoever gathers each of the Code Crowns will be able to combine them into their original form and become the "Digimon King", able to bend the entire Digital World to their will. The Bagra Army's goal is to transform the Digital World into a hellish realm of suffering, and Xros Heart, led by Mikey Kudo, must stop them.

And we star off with double premeres, as we conclude our adventures in the Sky Zone.

This Week:
    A Dark Cloud Over The Sky Zone!

Lucemon reveals his wicked nature shortly after being elected the presiden of the Sky Zone.

But that is not all. Right after that.

Clash In The Clouds

Lucemon captures Nene, Shoutmon and company must attack to save Nene.

Enjoy and we will discuess these episode after they air.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
  2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

DF's still on Nicktoons? Huh. I thought it was Vortexx-exclusive.

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Nah, in fact, I suspect that Fusion may be getting more views on Nicktoons, if this all-day marathon is any indication.

4. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Ok sorry, I used a too harsh tone. And yeah, Blocks can have marathons.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  5. Beemo

Beemo New Member

Stop talking about Vortexx all the time.

6. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Edited.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  7. Gold Guy

Yikes, Aegisrawks. I wasn't trying to be offensive at all. You need to stop being touchy, please. It makes some people avoid talking with you; it isn't fun. I'm begging you, please. Don't side-track this thread. Please.

8. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Ok Im sorry. Go On.

9. Gold Guy

Just...try not to start fights, ok?

10. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Ok deal!

After all, Nicktoons is awesome! I really hope you are right and that Digimon is bringing the dough for Nicktoons.

11. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Okay now time for my review of episode 16 and 17. First I will give my thoughts on the episodes themselves and than my thoughts of the dub.

First of all, Lucemon a bad guy? Who would have thought, with a name like Lucemon I thought he was completely trustwrothy. What is next, are they going to befriend Satinmon and be shocked when it turns out he is a bad guy.

Speaking of bad guys, finally Axe Knightmon appears, he is my second favorite villain beyond Myotismon, he is awesome. You see glimpse of how evil he can be, but we will see him unleash his true evil in coming episodes.

We find out Nene team is called Team Midnight, also Nene is just a figure head general, Axe Knightmon is the true leader of Tem Midnight, though they are members who's true loyalty are to Nene and not Axe Knightmon like Sparrowmon. Though episode 17 does make it seem like the Monitormons are more loyal to Axe Knightmon, though they are cowards in nature, but I guess they wanted to showcase Sparrowmon and her (she is a girl in the dub, Sparrowmon is a boy as far as I am concerned) realationship with Nene.

Anyway these were two awesome episodes, ironicly I orginally saw them back to back when they originally aired as well. Things are starting to get really good, and Axe Knightmon arrival really steps up the quality.

As for the dub, so Lucemon now has Darth Vader like powers as at the end of episode 16 he strangles Nene without hands. Though I didn't like the words that Mikey used to get Sparrow to corporate with him was about looking at the common enemy, I like the original better of we want to save Nene too, instead of friendship bring people together it is common hatred.

And finally they changed Dark Knightmon to Axe Knightmon, if they are trying to make the show more G rated, isn't Axe Knightmon more of the scarrier name than Dark Knightmon, Axe a weapon while Dark is just a color name, if they wanted to make it more G rated, they went the wrong way. Ha ha.

All in all, two excellent episodes, this is when the series starts to hit it's stride. The rest of season 1 is going to be awesome. Here is hoping to season 2.

12. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Doubt it. Vortexx usually sweeps Nicktoons in ratings, as Dragon Ball Z Kai ended up sometimes getting tenfold (or more) on Vortexx, though that's just K6-11 numbers.

In total numbers, Fusion's been getting about 300,000 viewers on Nicktoons. Vortexx shows can break a million sometimes. Wouldn't shock me if Fusion did too.

13. Gold Guy

Ah, I see. My bad.

As for these two episodes, they were both really good.

I recently watched Frontier, so it was cool seeing all of Lucemon's forms again.

I'm not sure why they changed Darkknightmon's name, but oh well.

The second episode got me to like Sparrowmon. And Shoutmon (V5) was pretty cool.

14. Bit Cloud

Bit Cloud Member

Really liked Shoutmon's form having "Vulcan Guns" on his head.

15. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Multiple armies are fighting for dominance of the Digital World. Xros Heart, Blue Flare, Twilight, and the Bagra Army are each searching for the 108 Code Crowns that grant control of Zones, fractured pieces of the Digital World, and whoever gathers each of the Code Crowns will be able to combine them into their original form and become the "Digimon King", able to bend the entire Digital World to their will. The Bagra Army's goal is to transform the Digital World into a hellish realm of suffering, and Xros Heart, led by Mikey Kudo, must stop them.

This Week
    Welcome To The Jungle Zone!

The team is seperated into two groups when they fall in the Jugle Zone; Dorulumon leads a search for Angie and Jeremy; Tactimon leads forces to close in on Mikey and Shoutmon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  16. Gold Guy

This was a really good episode, with a lot going on. Tactimon is one of my favorite villains, I can't wait to see him fight once his sword is free.

If I were Nene, I wouldn't trust Axe Knightmon. He seems shady. Poor Chris got owned by him.

STINGMON! He was cool in 02, I liked seeing him again...albeit briefly...

Ugh, Angie and Jeremy really annoy me. They are so useless.

17. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Okay my thoughts on the episode and dub. This episode is awesome, you have all the major players involved except for Blastmon and Lalamon, but Tactimon is the best of the three, so it is cool.

Yes Axe Knightmon is evil, he is my opinion the best villain in the series, better than the main villain Bagramon, he gets things done, unlike Bagramon who just sets on his throne and barks out orders and does nothing till we get close to the end. Bagramon is like Ozai and what made him very dull.

I don't think Nene trust Axe Knightmon, she knows what he is, but she has to work for him for some reason, we will find out more about that soon.

I like this Stingmon's voice more than the Stingmon in Adventures 02, sounds more cooler.

As for the dubs, not much editing on the condent, as for the dioloque, Christopher refusing to beat up the weak, the dub makes his reasons sounds nicer than in the original. In the original, his reason more snobbish like the weak are not good enough to beat up, so more likeable in the dub when it comes to that. Other than than, I didn't notice much differeance, except for some add on jokes. But the add on jokes in this dub is more naturally and not out of place like in the old Digimon dubs.

Next week, maybe the funniest moment in the series, if you want to see Angie and Jereomy at their most usefulness, wait till next week.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  18. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

This Week
    Rumble in the Jungle Zone!

Angie and Jeremy must perform the Dance of True Heart; Mikey and his team try to get into the jungle's sacred zone.

19. Gold Guy

This one was really good, IMO. AxeKnightmon is pretty cool, and I didn't assume that he was already fused. Glad that Chris came along. The fights were really good. Also, is it just me, or did the animation get REALLY good here at times? Some of AxeKnightmon's forms look like Gurren Lagann.

20. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

The love love dance has to be the funniest moment in season 1, maybe the whole series, though for me stuff that happens in episode 38 and episode 40 tops that. I don't want to spoil them, but those I watched know what I am talking about.

Here we see all the teams unite and some forshadow towards the future, and shows what a threat the Bagura Army was this episode, they were defeated off screen, who needs them, dump them and like Axe Knightmon be the main villain, he is way cooler than that dull Baguramon.

So I guess Nene's brother is going to be called Yuen this series, not to different from the Japanese version. We get a glimps at Christopher's backstory, it show reminds me of Thomas backstory, only this one is more sadder beliefe it or not.

Nice surprise that for once Mikey doesn't get the Code Crown, this time Christopher gets it and a new digimon to his team, the surprise when he got the Code Crown reminds me when Ken got his crest of kindness.

All and all a great episode, the Love Love dance was hillarous, sadly the most usefulness we will see of Angie and Jereomy, believe me they were much more useful characters in the manga. Axe Knightmon continues to put the Bagura Army to shame in such short period of time. The only bad thing we don't get the original Japanese music when they digicross, especially the Blue Flare theme, I love that song.