Digimon: Data Squad - Complete Series Set

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Storm Eagle, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

FINALLY.

Seriously, after such quick releases of the previous series, I honestly didn't think this was going to happen.

It'll be so great watching Data Squad for the first time without those horribly intrusive Jetix advertisements. :D

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

YES, YES, YES! The only Digimon series I have yet to see at all (although I played the video game). I will be getting this right away!

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That's awesome news. I thought that we wouldn't get a Data Squad set this soon, but I'm fine with that. I still need to collect the other series sets, but knowing that all of the first five series will be out on DVD by next year is terrific.

5. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Call To Rebellion

Finally, some good news this week :D

6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

7. Storm Eagle

8. PhotonPhoenix

PhotonPhoenix You Vill Help Us Find It.

Well, I'm so happy right now. I've got all the seasons on DVD. I was a bit concern that Data Squad won't be released by New Video Group because of Well Go USA has the DVD rights. Hope we get the four movies soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  9. Storm Eagle

It's really too bad that Well Go USA couldn't finish this though. The booklets that came with the sets were nice. They had profiles on the characters and Digimon, and even had episode descriptions. I might keep my sets just for those.

10. PC!

PC! lolwut?

While I appreciated the work that went into the booklets, didn't they pretty much summarize every episode in detail to the point of not even really having to watch them?

As has been proven many, many times again over the past 15 years, it's far from a Pokemon ripoff. :) And every season still holds up spectacularly, even 15 years later. Go watch it now.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Pokemon and Digimon really aren't that similar beyond both shows focusing on kids bonding with monsters and using said monsters to fight. They're like apples and oranges. Pokemon is more about a never ending journey with a rotating cast, aside from Ash, Pikachu and Team Rocket, while Digimon starts off with a new cast each series and after Adventures 02, the second series, they set up each series in their own universe. While I haven't seen most of the series recently, I think that most of them hold up well due to the interesting characters and engaging storylines. I'd definitely recommend watching the first series and see how you'd feel about it from there. Tamers is my favorite series and I personally think that it is the best one, but it would probably be better to start off with the first one.

12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

IMO, Digimon is tons better than Pokémon. Better plot, better character, more depth, the action scenes are better and more violent, cooler music score (in both dub AND sub), etc. I would recommend it. Some seasons are better than others, but none of them reach a super low point.

13. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

Why didn't New Video Group include this with the collector's set? They missed a very good oppurtunity. They could have released Data Squad alongside the collector's set first before selling it separately so people would be more interested in buying the collector's set.

14. Storm Eagle

The collectors set represents the seasons that were mainly known as "Digimon: Digital Monsters". The fifth season is "Digimon Data Squad". Just a guess.

15. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

That would be such a nitpick.

If anything, this makes me rather go buy and buy each season separately than buying the collector's set if it's missing Data Squad.

16. Storm Eagle

17. PC!

PC! lolwut?

At around $30 a set, you'd be paying around $120 for the first four seasons, give or take.

Or you could buy the seasons 1-4 box set for about $80. At least, that's the current price. Seeing as how I don't have any of the season sets, I think I just might snatch it up while it's so cheap.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That is a pretty sweet price for a box set containing four series. I'm not able to pick it up right now, but if the price is like that when I am able to do so, it might be more tempting than getting the individual box sets for me too.

19. Storm Eagle

I have the first three season sets, and I thought I'd sell them and then get the seasons 1-4 collection. Now I'm deciding against it since the sets in the collection don't have their own slipcovers. (Yeah I know, silly.) So I'll just get an individual season 4 set soon. DVD Empire might even have a Black Friday deal, so I'll just look out for one.

20. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

It certainly does. I consider Digimon to be one of the best kids' anime series to ever be created. If you enjoy Digimon, I also recommend checking out Monster Rancher and Medabots.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that Digimon Data Squad will, finally, get all of its episodes out on DVD. Soon, all of Digimon, except for Digimon Fusion, will be on DVD. Way to go, New Video Group!