Digimon Adventure Gets a High School Sequel

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by River26, Aug 1, 2014.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

Posted via ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...urns-next-spring-in-high-school-sequel/.77195

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Hmm. Now, here is the question. When they say they're telling a new story for all the digidestined in the world, are they talking about their audience or promising an epic crossover?

I'm not super invested in Digimon but I approve. The original cast was the best one.

3. River26

River26 Active Member

Dunno, but it' be interesting to see a high school version. It's been mostly elementary to middle school kids.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  4. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

*tempted to use the overly used 'hype thrusters' gif*

I am super excited for this one...
    Which might turn into disappointment later on, but who cares?

5. MagicBox

MagicBox xoBcigaM

BLU-RAY BOXES OF THE FIRST SERIES AND *ALL* THE MOVIES?! AND THE 3D SHORTS?!

*looks at computer full of Digimon script translations in Microsoft Word*

This... is the day I've been preparing for. I will own these, and I'm only slightly disappointed that it'll set me back hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars. >_< Okay, maybe more than slightly disappointed. More like "very" disappointed. But I guess that's the price you pay when nobody will license the freaking Japanese version for a domestic home video release.

And holy crap! A new show! Very, very excited. It's nice to hear that the original voice cast and Kōji Wada are (implied to be) returning. Digimon's always been very lucky when it comes to keeping the same cast, crew, and singers. But it just won't be the same without the late, great Takanori Arisawa providing the music. :( Hopefully they can get Kōsuke Yamashita to return instead. He did a dynamite job with Xros Wars' music (and I'm very, very picky, so that's high praise).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  6. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Maybe they can do the ending right this time, they know everyone hated that epiloque.

7. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Well, snap, that was something of a surprise. I'm glad we will get to see a high school version of Taichi and friends. My hope is that the ending of Digimon Aventure 02 is built upon and we see how the world is changed now that everyone has a partner. My other hope is that Nakatsuru Katsuyoshi returns as the character designer, if only for some consistently. Now that Wada Kouji has returned to his career I am also hoping that he can perform several new songs.

How the Hell they're going to top Omegamon, I'll never know. :lol:

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Have to admit midway through 02 I always imagined they'd be doing seasons later and later throughout the show's history and we would be seeing Tai and Agumon, amongst the other digidestined throughout the years. Obviously that changed after the end of 02 but glad to see we're actually going back to this here. Though speaking of 02 are they going to bother using that continuity and the 02 cast as the teaser makes it seem like they're only basing htis off the original season especially with how those ended showing the last episode of that and not of 02. So maybe this will be a what if seperate from 02. Who really knows but either way looks interesting especially for us old school Digimon fans.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Oooohhhhhhh man! I'm a huge Digimon fan, and this is just....wow. Oh wow, I hope Saban dubs this fast, since they're slow as molasses with Fusion.

10. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Yes. Freaking yes.

Alright Tai. This is your second chance to win Sora back from Matt. DON"T SCREW IT UP.

11. Yash

Yash dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura

Can we just hope Saban doesn't dub this at all?

Give it to Funimation or someone, Toei.

12. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

Hmm, not sure how to feel. High School spin-offs and its ilk have always been a cliche I wished would give it a rest, but it's Digimon. Digimon with the original cast! I haven't been into the franchise since Frontiers, but this I am intrigued. Tell ya what, build up the characters so the ending to 02 makes logical sense and we'll call it even.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

This is pretty awesome news. I never expected them to make another sequel to Adventure after how 02 ended. Seeing an older version of the original cast sounds pretty awesome. A part of me thinks that they could retcon the epilogue ending from Adventure 02 since I think that was universally hated. I don't mind Sora and Yamato ending up together, but most everything else about the epilogue bothered me. Although, they could just use this series to build up to an improved version of that epilogue that actually makes sense, which would kind of work too. It's terrific news and I'll definitely have to watch it when it comes out next spring.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Its just, I want consistency with the voice actors. So in that case, I'd want Viz to get it.

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I'm not sure if anyone besides Saban could get this series. I thought that they own the license for the Digimon franchise or maybe I'm mixing that up with something else. I certainly wouldn't mind it if someone else got it so that the dub would be better and possibly get release faster than the Xros Wars dub has been so far, but I'm not sure if that's an option.

16. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Digimon was my fist big internet fandom.

Right in the CHILDHOOD.

That trailer was epic. Butter-Fly was the FIRST MP3 I ever downloaded.

So much inne teenage OMG-ing right now you have no idea. This is what literally EVERYONE asked for.

17. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Active Member

Compatriots,

hopefully its nothing like the original series. the pacing was too slow, the digimon partners were interchangeable, and most of the kids were annoying. since they'll be the same age as they were in adventure 2 the problems with cast should be rectified but you never know. also hoping the villains actually have some depth this time around.

18. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

Man what a surprise annoncement! I'll be nursing that nostalgia boner until the spring :p This is so amazing to go back to that universe! :D To see Odaiba again! And I hope we catch up on the rest of the gang! Time to binge watch the episodes... Maybe I should finish my DVDs instead of straining my bandwith limit on Netflix for the subbed episodes? Hmm...

I wonder if they'll keep 02 canon with this show? And I'm thinking they'll probably introduce a new team for Taichi, they can't just stick to the same old Digimon no? And will they still keep Digimons secret of will this be a world in the middle of a revolution as relationship between human world and Digital world are still in flux?

The possibilities are endless :D

If you found the Adventures kids annoying I don't think this show is for you. Also they're not the same age. Taichi was 14 in 02 (it was set 3 years after the original).

I wonder if the show will be set in 2005?

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I thought that the pacing in the original series was fine and aside from a couple of the characters, the kids weren't that annoying. Most of the Digimon partners themselves weren't too interesting, but I don't think that I'd say that they were interchangeable. Although, I don't think that they started to do a really good job with giving the Digimon personalities until Tamers, but I liked some of their relationships and connections to their human partners. Taichi is going to be seventeen, instead of fourteen like he was in 02. The villains in Adventure 01 weren't too interesting, but most of the villains in Adventure 02 were. In my opinion, they were more interesting than the bulk of the main cast.

I think that they'll probably keep 02 canon, aside from maybe the epilogue. That's the only part of 02 that I could see them eliminating completely due to how poorly that seems to have been received. They might give the original Digimon partners some new evolutions, especially if Taichi and the other characters are the main focus of the series. I wonder if they'll do anything with the plots that weren't explored in 02 like the Dark Ocean. That would be really awesome.

20. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Active Member

Compatriot,

not necessarily. since they're older they might not be written the exact same way. so i'm expecting them to be much more multilayered and less prone to making idiotic decisions. as for the age thing, same difference.