1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you think that the TTG hate is overrated

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by TheGoldStar233, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Did you believe that the TTG hate is overrated

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheGoldStar233

TheGoldStar233 Captain Blasteroid is my hero

Did you believe that the TTG hatedom is overrated?

2. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

I do think the hate is overblown, but I can understand why.

The show is meant to stand alone, even if it takes a few shots at the original. I think what everyone's mad about is that it occupies the majority of Cartoon Network's schedule, and that the target audience eats it up, therefore giving CN justification to overplay it and order more episodes. Ads calling it "Your new favorite show" seem to imply that CN is actively trying to shove it down our throats, though I did see a similar ads called "Your new best friends" promoting both Teen Titans Go! and We Bare Bears.

I also think what everyone is mad about is how the show reacts to the criticisms from those who prefer the old show. Let's Get Serious pokes fun at complaints about how juvenile the show's humor is, especially compared to the beloved Young Justice. The Return of Slade tricked viewers into watching so they can make a point about how you shouldn't be obsessed with something you should have outgrown long ago (it's clowns in the episode, but it's an allegory for things like original show); many took it as a spit in the face towards the animation industry and its adult fans, saying it perpetuates the "animation age ghetto". I even remember a Vine post featuring the voice cast directly insulting the camera and saying they don't care about criticism because they enjoy doing the show.

That said, I believe the show it hit and miss; among my favorites are Yearbook Madness and Hose Water.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

As always this topic itself is widely known yes its overhated but it can't avoid it because of Cartoon Network's management leading to the shows results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. A Brisk Autumn Day

I have a feeling it wouldn't be if the show didn't basically stick its tongue out and say, "NYEH NYEH, we're on TV and you don't like us!" If that makes sense. That makes people hate it a lot more.

• Agree Agree x 2