1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you ever cry when watching a cartoon?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Red Arrow :D, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

This is about crying out of sadness, not out of laughter!

I am quite an emotional man myself :cool: :D

As a child I cried a lot during Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, because of her death.
    I recently saw Tarzan again and had to cry during random moments. Nostalgia must have played part in this.
    Inside Out, when Joy turned to sadness. I saw it in the cinema and I think I was the only one who had to cry xD
    Steven Universe's episode "Cat Fingers". I heard people complain about how Steven's first episodes were too wacky and lack drama, and then they give this as an example, but I personally had to cry when Steven couldn't handle his powers and almost died.
    Young Justice's episode The Fix. For obvious reasons, I suppose? I thought the Dutch version was more emotional. (Especially Superboy) I didn't have to cry when rewatching it in English.

There might be something behind this, though. I noticed I'm more likely to cry when it's in Dutch. To me, English is the language of entertainment, drama and acting. It feels more sincere when I watch a cartoon in Dutch. (well, if it's dubbed properly)
    Dubbed live-action, on the other hand, just makes me laugh because it looks so fake :D

It is very much possible that I had to cry once during Courage the Cowardly Dog, but I'm not sure. The episodes "The Last of the Starmakers" and the finale were very emotional.

2. Gear3dGryph0n

Gear3dGryph0n Active Member

It's tough to admit this but of all things for me it was the Pound Puppies episode "Toyoshiko! Bark Friend Machine" when

3. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

I cried during the Alvin and the Chipmunks episode Cookie Chomper, where the Chipmunks' cat gets run over by a car.