Did Yakkity Yak and Shuriken School flopped in the states

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Tommypezmaster, May 4, 2014.

1. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

I've been wondering about this lately and think how could 2 shows that everyone of tv.com liked so much ended up being cancelled in the US?

I also noticed that Nicktoons havn't aired every single episode. I take it because low rating and nobody watched the recent episode that aired the last time during the 3 headed monster block back in 06 and 07. Am I right?

2. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

Didn't a lot of people hate Yakkity Yak? As for Shuriken School, low ratings or contract I guess, I remember it aired on both Nick and Nicktoons.

3. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Pretty much. They were both acquisitions that were picked up because, I assume, Nick wanted to use them as a placeholder for something else.

4. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

But wasn't Yakkity co-produced with Nick, it had the Nickelodeon logo at the end.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Yakkity Yak was indeed a co-production between Canada's Studio B and Nickelodeon Productions. FTR, Shuriken School was produced by Xilam, Zinkia Entertainment and Nerd Studios. Both shows were acquisitions to Nick US.

And yeah, neither show caught on in the States, Also, each show produced only 26 episodes each, and both shows aired on Nicktoons around 2005-2006 IIRC, so their contracts likely just expired, which is why you don't see them running in the US anymore.

People who regularly post on a single message board only make up a tiny portion of a network's audience. Most message boards have a minimum age requirement of 13 years, and anyone over 13 is considered outside of Nick's target audience demographic.

6. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

Wasn't Shuriken school a Disney series?

I'm pretty sure I saw it on Jetix

7. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Nerd Life

It did on Jetix in Europe. I definitely remember seeing the Jetix logo in the show's closing credits, but here in the U.S., Shuriken School aired on Nicktoons TV. So Disney didn't produce the series; they only aired it.

8. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I've only seen YY. Over here, it aired on SIC in 2005 (they had a contract with Nickelodeon back then). I was 7 and I didn't knew if it was good or not.

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I can't speak for SS, but from little I have seen of YY it was pretty poor. It doesn't surprise me that it tanked.

10. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Never saw YY, but SS was alright from what I saw of it back when the main Nickelodeon channel aired it.