1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

did u like the 2009-2014 era of nicktoons (the channel)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by qadleez, Jan 22, 2016.

1. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

Did u like the 2009-2014 era of nicktoons?

2. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

I liked some of the shows (Shocking isn't it?) such as new TMNT and LOK. And if you expand to 2015, Harvey Beaks is really good. But some of the worst Nicktoons ever have come out in that timeframe. Breadwinners and Sanjay and Craig are some examples.

3. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

I thought it was okay until mid-2011 or so, the programming was the same as when it was called Nicktoons Network for the most part. They did bring some shows like Rocko and ZIM back and surprisingly kept shows like Making Fiends (for 6 episodes that's impressive), ChalkZone or All Grown Up! on for the longest time. This was also when live-action came into the picture unfortunately: The Troop? Ok? Big Time Rush? Kinda pushing it....Power Rangers and "Nicktoons Comedy Breakfast featuring Drake and Josh and Ned's Declassified"? Too far!

In fact it got pretty bad in 2011, live-action became more obvious, too many Avatar marathons (I love this show but we don't need this every 2 weeks, granted it was already like this ever since the show ended), Nicktoons themselves were pushed to mornings and late nights (until Fall 2012). Classics like Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy left (understandable due to The 90s Are All That, though that block mostly aired Hey Arnold! over and over).

Yeah.....so much for what was once "Nicktoons Network: Animation Capital of the World". At this point the channel seems like it's on life support (better than Boomerang and Discovery Family at least, those are bigger wastes), they could be airing every single Nicktoon ever but the 90s ones are locked into The Splat, the 2000s ones are only there from time to time (4 are on right now not counting FOP), and instead we have shows that serve no purpose like LBX and Digimon Fusion, sitcoms that already air on both Nick and TeenNick, Power Rangers, NickSports, and plenty of SpongeBob, OddParents, and Ninja Turtles to go around! They don't even show some that should be airing like Kung Fu Panda and Robot and Monster!

But hey, who needs Nicktoons when you got Nicktoons on DVD!

The poster mean't the channel (read the title), not the shows themselves (though Korra and TMNT began during this channel's era).

4. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

]this era of nicktoons is probably the time i watched it the most. Dbz kai used to be my favorite show on nicktoons. I would watch avatar,voltron force,iron man armored adventures,dragon ball gt,legend of korra,tmnt2012,zevo 3, yugioh,power rangers.
    I didn"t really watch any of the digimon series

5. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Eh, I didn't really care for that era. That's around when I stopped watching Nick and it kind of fell into a personal "dork age" for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. NewYorkEagle

NewYorkEagle Member

Nicktoons sucked after late 2009. It was pretty pathetic for them at the time.

7. Lazer Eli

Lazer Eli ey b0ss

I actually miss this era of the channel. I remember when Wolverine and the X-Men, Monsuno, Iron Man Armored and Voltron Force used to play on this channel every day. Now I find it pretty friggin' nostalgic.

I do like the 2014 era, though. It's elements and it's announcer remind me of the Nicktoons Network days.

8. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Oh really? So when you hear "Action to the Maxtion" or see flashing neon colors, it reminds you of the Nicktoons Network days?

9. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

I enjoyed 2009-10 era because they showed Fanboy and Chum Chum that time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

10. Lazer Eli

Lazer Eli ey b0ss

Action to the Maxtion isn't even the channel's slogan anymore. I was talking about the screen graphics (not the logo) and it's paper-based backgrounds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Oh, THOSE elements. Also, "Action to the Maxtion" is not the slogan anymore? Oh, thank god.

12. VeiledHat

VeiledHat Pineapple from Heck

I have vague memories of it. I remember taping AGU and ChalkZone and desperately wanting to watch Zim, but I have no memory of Rocko showing up.

13. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I liked it, didn't watch much of it until 2013 but around that time I remembered enjoying the Nick shows and Yu-Gi-Oh.

14. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Most of my exposure to these times was when Nicktoons knew what they were doing - most of the time, of course.Despite my criticisms of each example, I only really got back into Nick when HBeaks, TLH, and WttW came about and changed my unfortunately negative views on the channel - as good as these shows are, however, they're not the true saviors of this channel everyone claims them to be (IMHO); they are steps in the right direction. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did also finally get into the later seasons of Sanjay & Craig when it didn't involve gross-out gags or excess screaming, but unlike the other 3 shows I mentioned, it's nowhere close to being to the standards Nick is starting to regain, THANKS in part to those examples I've mentioned And that's FACT.