1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

DID THEY JUST SAY THAT? Outrageous Lines of the Silver Age (Possibly PG-13)...

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Captain Caps, Aug 29, 2003.

1. birdcat

birdcat New Member

Heh, there was one that I clearly remember, when I heard it I swear my eyes popped out and my mouth dropped. But it was P&TB, at the beginning, Brain had just described his plan to Pinky. Pinky was holding a tube of caulking (it said Caulk on the side), and he was rubbing it with one hand. As he did this some of the white caulking came out of the tip, and Pinky said: "Mmmmm, delicious caulk." I couldn't believe it at the time.

2. UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk l33t haxx0r Narf!

For real?!? Seems kinda wrong! However I did often wonder why they called it that... ...Being that fanny here is another word for someones butt. I knew that NO ONE wore it on their butt... ...Youd end up sitting on your belongings, and it would be hard to reach for things that you wanted.

3. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

...holy!:eek: ...
    They got away with so much! :D I almost wish they still did. Everything's so...ew....PC!

4. Ganymede

Ganymede Ahh, Mango Fruit!

Every time I watch the TTA Movie and reach the part where Elmyra walks up to the Cheetah, I can't help but cringe (and laugh)...

She walks up to it, grabs its tail, points in the general vicinity of its crotch and says "I'm gonna start his motor!". :eek:

Also, its a good thing Plucky grew out of his "things go down da hoooole" phase, because they could have made some serious innuendos out of that line. :shrug:

5. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Of course I remember the famous Skippy Squirrel quote:

"SPEW!!!"

"SPEW and a 1/2!"

6. Totally_Insaney

Totally_Insaney what is this? i don't even

The only thing I remember that probably hasn't been said yet was the "All we could do was watch, watch, watch...till I spilled lots of soda, all over my crotch" from The Kid in the Lid. Not really that outrageous (especially for A!); by today's standards, you most likely wouldn't see it happen, but I digress. You're probably just not allowed to say "crotch" on children's television. I laughed out loud it, though. It's a shame how paranoid the censors are these days. =P

7. Ganymede

Ganymede Ahh, Mango Fruit!

There was a small part during the "Do you love me, now that I can dance?" music video where Buster picks Babs up and Babs tries to push him off by pressing her feet against his waist. The camera was at an angle where you could hardly see her feet though, so all you could see was the movement of Buster's hips which, in the particular position they were in, made it look like Buster was dry-h...I mean...well, you know... :ack: (Can I say that???)

Okay, not a "line" per-say. But still!!
    (I guess the censors must have missed that one...)

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Um, yeah.

Spew's not a dirty word, guy. You can say far worse on broadcast TV nowadays. Nor was Animaniacs the first cartoon to ever utter the word; the Rocko's Modern Life short "Flu In-U-Enza" featured a character named Spew, one of the 'Enchanted Upchucks'.

9. Cartoonzrule

Cartoonzrule Member

There was a Freakazoid episode that had The Lobe at the carnival. A few minutes in, Freakazoid says to his girlfriend: "Hey, want a frozen banana!?" It's the way he said it that made it sound dirty. What do the rest of you think...

10. mowub

mowub Active Member

I remember one episode of Histeria that had Cleopatra on a game show, and I distinctly remember her saying "Play your cards right, and I'll show you my asp!"

11. Framwinkle

Framwinkle Crazy Squirrel

Right now I can't think of anything spoken that hasn't already been mentioned, but there are a couple visuals in Tiny Toons that might qualify. The first is from "Love Among the Toons" when Babs and Monty get hit with Cupid's arrows and fall madly in love. This scene is shown briefly when they first meet.

http://www.framwinkle.com/temp/BabsMonty.jpg

The other scene that comes to mind is from the "Rainy Daze" episode, just after Babs gets out of the bath and you see her walking down a hallway with her bathrobe hanging open. Yes, I know she's got plenty of fur, and there are numerous occasions throughout the series when you see under her skirt, and even times when she's not wearing any skirt at all, so it shouldn't be a big deal. But I remember when I was a kid and I first saw this episode that I was truly shocked that they had allowed it. I guess it's just the whole context of the bath that makes it seem worse than it probably is.

http://www.framwinkle.com/temp/BabsSkirt4.jpg
    "Paparazzi? What paparazzi?" ;)

12. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I remember practically falling off of my parents' bed when I saw that, and I was like seven or eight.

13. Framwinkle

Framwinkle Crazy Squirrel

I just found one in the Tiny Toons Spring Break special. Plucky is trying to attract girls by looking like Lyle Lovett, and it works great, gathering a large group of bikini-clad girls who adore him. He then sees his dream girl walking by, the one he attempts to chase through the whole cartoon, and tries to leave the group of girls. They don't take kindly to him dumping them, though, and start beating him up in a giant melee. He crawls out of the dusty swarm, grabs someone who I think looks like Luke Perry, and says to him, "You'll like this. Trust me," and then pushes him in to the swarm of bikini girls.

14. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

Another one from TTA, from "Senserely Yours, Babs" when the gang is trying to capture Babs' sense of humor:

Babs' sense of humor: Hospital food coming up!
    Hamton: Before we've eaten it?

Or something like that. I was surprised to find even one puke joke in something from 1990, as I had always imagined that bodily function jokes in cartoons didn't exist until Ren & Stimpy.

15. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

How about in the Animaniacs episode "The Warners and the Beanstalk?" It's when Ralph the Giant has just crashed to the ground after the "Gold Eggs and Meat" sequence, and he says "Fee, fi, fo, fum, I fall and land on my bum." I began howling with laughter at that line, because I certainly wasn't expecting "Animaniacs" to use that!

And that line in "La La Law" where it was like...

Wakko: Do you swear? (that is, to tell the truth)
    Cop lady: Yes.
    Wakko: Well you shouldn't. It's not nice.

And that line from the judge at the end when he says "Forget the trial. Let's talk about us..." sounded pretty darn sexually suggestive ;)

And in the TTA episode "Gang Busters" I was surprised to see a kids' cartoon depicting juvenile hall! The only other cartoon I know that showed such a place was "The Simpsons" (when Bart got sent to juvie in a newer episode).

16. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

More suggestive than the joke about the Burbank Penal Code?;)

On a related note, I was surprised by Yakko's line to Pablo Picasso in "No Pain, No Painting", "Do you know there's 'P.P.' on your smock?"

17. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

Don't forget the line at the end of "White Gloves"!
    "Tomorrow i'll play the xylophone...with my butt!".

Sorry for bumping the topic, I just had to add something that the other people didn't mention.

18. cavgurl

cavgurl I'm cute!

Here are a few from my fave Silver Age cartoon: Animaniacs! (I'm not sure if these have been mentioned. I apologize if they have)

From "The Monkey Song" (I didn't catch this one until recently):
    Miss Nurse: I don't know what to say the monkeys won't do?
    Yakko: For a nickel, I'll give you a clue.

From "This Pun for Hire":
    Minerva: Just give me the bird!
    :dot:: We can't. This is a family show. (this line is cut when shown on Nickelodeon)

And this (rather crude) exchange from "The Sound of Warners":
    Scratchansniff: Well you know sometimes when nature calls, you must pick up the phone and say "Hello! I got your message. I've got a package for you."
    Wakko: "I've got a package for you?" Excuse me?!
    Scratchansniff: Look who's talking, Mr. Potty Emergency.
    Wakko: Yeah but I never said "package."

19. Lemanic

Lemanic Member

Well, Road Rovers really pushed itself with that song, but I think the whole show was risque for it's time. The whole thing with Blitz bitings and Exiles "don't-be-weird-boy" is just pushing it. You can't just deny it.

But WB has always been risque when it comes to animation. Together with MGM, they are the force that keeps pushing it. Tex Avery set the bar and by god writers keep pushing it that way.

20. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

I feel too bad posting the exact joke here, but Freakazoid made a joke in the first episode about, well, uh... Let's just say it had to do with his hands.
    (Boy this thread is old, it dates back to when theses shows could still be found on tv