1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

DID THEY JUST SAY THAT? Outrageous Lines of the Silver Age (Possibly PG-13)...

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Captain Caps, Aug 29, 2003.

1. the Amanda

the Amanda Rogue Alchemist

It was not his private parts, it was his gut, as the accompanying lines were:

Movie Critic: Say, what's that butter made of?
    Yakko: Oh, it's lard I'm liposuctioning from your gut.

2. Watermelon

Watermelon UGOFF IS HUNGRY

Oh ok, it has been a while since I've seen that one.

3. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

Eeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh..., actually, that wasn't Yakko. That was Aunt Slappy, with Roger Egbert, in Critical Condition.

And yes, that was, well, speeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

4. sun

sun You stay, I go

Critical Condition? question?

Is that one in the rotation, on cable...It was taken off when Gene Siskel died a few years ago, I wonder if they returned that to fold when it started showing on what ever Cable Network,,,,I do not have Cable....Stuart

5. UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk l33t haxx0r Narf!

Yes, it currently airs on Nicktoons. It is one of 56 episodes that Nicktoons airs... ...why they will rerun these over and over again instead of show all 100+ shows is beyond me!

6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I had the trusty VCR handy to tape all WB productions (even Taz-Mania) except for Histeria.....I guess I just assumed "if it's educational, it's not worth my time." Now you can't see it anywhere, period.
    I have three Histerias on tape, but that's out of 52. The most baffling thing about the show is that it's the only E/I cartoon I know of that no station is slobbering over in the hunger to fill that pesky 3 Hours requirement. I heard CN finally dumped Captain Planet, so what are THEY filling it with?

My best theory is that in order for Histeria to run again, a lot would have to be cut. What was allowed on that show rivals R&S, Two Stupid Dogs or Cow and Chicken. The guy really did say "War is Hell." But he only said it once and Lydia referred to the word as "heck." That was as far as they could go--a historical quote on an educational show.

I do, however, have an old 7th Heaven promo where David Gallagher is changing Big Fat Baby's diaper. :anime:

7. Nftnat

You have TM on tape? Kewl; I don't, but I have all but three eps of Histeria. There was a great deal of interference on parts of Megalomaniacs, though. It was odd; I didn't know there was a Spanish station or network anywhere around Texarkana, and it's never happened since, that I know of.

8. RADRAD

RADRAD Horse with no name

Histeria

"Damn the Torpedos!"

9. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

I don't know if this belongs in WBC, but it is a WB cartoon and it is a Silver Age WB cartoon, and it is an outrageous line, so here goes:

I taped Part 2 of the "Demon's Quest" episode of B:TAS (currently airing on Boomerang). In the scene where Batman escapes from his prison cell and tosses explosives, one of the characters, Ubu, I believe, said the word "Master!" as he pointed out Batman. But as he said it, the closed captioning showed the "B-word!"

PeppeRaskell1
    "The closed-caption maker has a dirty mind..."

10. Nftnat

From the Montezuma episode of Histeria:

"DON'T DRINK THE WATER; IT'LL GIVE YOU THE RUNS!!!"

11. SimpsonGuy100

SimpsonGuy100 Sorta back, sorta isn't.

I watched a repeat of the Animaniacs episode "Temporary Insanity" (well, at least that's what I think it's called, anyway) and when Wakko was trying to devert Yakko & Dot from answering the phone, I swear I heard him say, "LOOK! It's a big fat f****!" :eek: :eek: :sweat:

12. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny Certified Rabbitologist

Doesnt he say "Look! Its a big fat fanny?"

13. TheBaldOneMpls

TheBaldOneMpls Show Me Potato Salad!

I'm still kinda surprised that Animaniacs got away with making a whole song about Lake Titicaca. The closing lyrics:

Lake Titicaca, Lake Titicaca,/Why do we sing of your fame?
    Lake Titicaca, Lake Titicaca,/Cause we really like saying the name.
    Titicaca!

14. SimpsonGuy100

That's what I think he said. Yes.

In my country, it's the same meaning as c***. And that's with a "T" at the end.

15. Nftnat

Well, that describes one of those words from that George Carlin routine, and a shortened form of that female body part that rhymes with the girl Jerry Seinfeld dated on that episode, so I'm not sure which word you mean.

Do I want to?

16. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

The one that has a U in it.

17. SimpsonGuy100

OK, back to the original subject, in today's episode of Animaniacs on Boomerang, (it's the episode where :yakko: :wakko: & :dot: meet satan) in the beginning, where we see the "horrors" of hell, there was a couple who got forced to watch "The Facts of Life"!

18. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

The Facts of Life was a very popular U.S. sitcom in the 1980s. So, there is no "Did they just say that?" there.

19. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

I think "fanny" means "backside" in America.

20. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Yes, it does. It's quite a tame word, in fact, but sounds a bit like something your grandparents would say. It has come back into mainstream, sort of, with the invention of the "Fanny Pack". I'm not sure what you call these in the UK (since obviously you can't call it a "Fanny Pack"! That sounds So Wrong when using your definition! "Ooerr, Matron, would ye like a bit o' fanny pack!"). They're the little pouch thing worn as a belt -- contrary to their American name, invariably with the pack in front.