Did Stephen Wacker believe in the animation age ghetto?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by KombatMaster94, Nov 13, 2017.

1. KombatMaster94

KombatMaster94 Active Member

2. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

One of the things one must bear in mind is that the process for creating comics is a very insular path; the writer produces the script, the penciller and inker use the script to create the art, the letterer does the lettering, the colorist colors, etc. Editorial - which is often one person - can make changes.

The production of a TV or movie object, on the other hand, is a group process with a lot of money at stake; there are lots of voices calling for various things. Stephen Wacker was working within the guidelines established by the management. He could influence the emphasis within those guidelines, but he was not chartered to oversee a revolution.

That said, I am an outspoken critic of the Loeb era of Marvel Studios' animation products. I have noticed an increase in the quality of the writing, especially in that there are overarching plot arcs, something that the early days of the Loeb management had eliminated. The writing, while nowhere near what I would describe as good or strong, is noticeably better than the wealth of mediocracy that described the first three seasons of the Loeb era.

Can I assign that improvement to Wacker's efforts? Not directly, but it might be indicative. Of course, it might also be due to other factors not yet in evidence.