1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Disney movies scare....

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Frank White, Aug 25, 2003.

1. LiquidXIR

LiquidXIR Member

Alot of it had to do with the music and sound that came along with it, if you muted it, it's not as strange.

2. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

That scared me when I was younger, too. I also was scared of the scene in tLM where Ursula transformed from her human disguise near the end.

3. prophet

prophet Member

The Black Hole. That movie scared me so much especially the robot Maximilion. The movie was creepy from start 'til the end.

4. Uncle Beaglebub

Uncle Beaglebub Black Jack

The black hole looked really scary on the big screen. Especially up close because it looked like a whirlpool made out of molten lava. The part when the heroes were almost crushed by the rolling metor was a real cliffhanger.

What was really disturbing and shocking were these scenes:

- Harry Booth staring into the mirrored faceplate of the drone working in the garden. You could imagine all kinds of things behind that mask.

- Dr. Durant taking the faceplate off one of the drones. It took me years before I could watch that part without being freaked out.

_ Dr. Durant being disemboweled by Maximillian with his spinning arm blades. That was truly shocking.

5. Uncle Beaglebub

Uncle Beaglebub Black Jack

I always thought that the "The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow" cartoon was scary when I was a kid too! The part in the woods at the end with the Headless Horseman, wow! :eek:

6. g_UnIt_GaNsTa

g_UnIt_GaNsTa |||||||||DRINK|||POWERADE |||||

Whoops, turns out I'm a robot.

7. Kati

Kati Chilango-Lurker

When I was really little, around 2 or 3 years old, the Sorcerer from Fantasia really freaked me out, so much that I couldn't saw that scene until Fantasia 2000 came out and I went to see it with my best friend (almost 20 years later :p).

Pinocchio was also a scary movie, specially the donkey transformation scene, but I can barely remember it. My younger sister was afraid of Monstro, though. Cruella de Ville was also scary, specially in the end with those weird and large eyes. I think I'm afraid of eyes, because that's the same reason the ending of Who Framed Roger Rabbit scared me when I was 10.

I was never afraid of Mallificent or the Witch from Snow White (I even enjoyed that transformation scene :p).

That scene in Dumbo, where the mouse and Dumbo are drunk and have allucinations has always freaked me out. Some scenes from "Alice in Wonderland" still do.

8. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Am I the only one that found that scene funny? :p

9. Kati

Kati Chilango-Lurker

Well, now that I'm old enough to understand this scene, I can see the fun behind it, but when I was 5, I thought those elephants were ghosts! :p

10. sun

sun You stay, I go

Pinnochio. yes it scared me...

This is really a dark film, it was not as successful as many of the other early efforts...The scence where the boys turn into donkeys, is one of the most horrifying scenes ever put in film, (I would say that anyone under the age of 10, would really be scared, particularly in the 50s when I saw it..Stuart..

11. ToOn~g@l

ToOn~g@l Just singin' the blues

When The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast first came out I was too afraid to watch the battle scenes because my mom actually covered my eyes when we first saw the movie. Now I watch them and I wonder why my mom did that to me. they're not scary at all.

Another scary but mostly odd is: Does anyone else beside me think Simba looks really odd in the Lion King II DVD cover. He looks posessed or something.

12. Bigdaddy83

Bigdaddy83 Fujiko's Robbed Me Blind!!

Yeah, "Night on Bald Mountain" scared the bejesus out of me as a youngin.

13. Emmanuel Cruz

Emmanuel Cruz Man of Music

I couldn't watch Judge Doom's freaky looking eyes as a kid either. That was some crazy stuff right there.

I also got the chills when I saw the closeup of the coachman in "Pinocchio" when he has that freaky, demonic grin. The scene still does bug me, yet I can watch it now, not as a kid though. Can't forget the donkey transformation. That can give me the willies as well.

When I was little, I couldn't watch the part in Beauty and the Beast in the fight scene when Gaston stabs the Beast in the leg.

-Emmanuel:bosko:

14. sun

sun You stay, I go

Night on bald Mountain,,,,side note,

While scarey, Disney used this section of Fantasia to get back at the censors of the time,,,They forced him to cover the tops of the horse girls, in Beetoven's 6th Symphony, in my opinion a beuatiful segment..In Bald Mountain, if you play the sections where the demons and ghosts are coming out of the cemetary, at very slow speed you will see a female demon with a top that is fully uncovered...I guess that was the beginning of the famous Disney 2 or three frame questionable material..I do not know if it is all real, just that in that segment, it is just about unrecogniziable at normal speed, Disney could not have forseen the advent of VCRs and DVDs...Stuart

15. Carrieattheprom

Anyone remember The Black Cauldren(sp?) The Horned King and the walking dead really freaked me out.:sweat:

16. fanboy

fanboy Member

I dont think they scare, but when I was younger, I was afraid of watching The Three Little Pigs, beacause of the Big bad Wolf.:eek:

17. DANNYDICK942318

The films themeselves never scared me but on a big screen like my T.V the opening logo with the large Mickey Mouse with purple sprinkle glitter spelling out Walt Disney Home Video used to scare me and also gave me eperleptic fits I am O.K with the logo now though.

18. Daizaburo Estes

Daizaburo Estes Where're the eskimos?

Another (...incredibly STUPID) question...what's this "Bald Mountain" you people speak of?

19. Czar Gato

Czar Gato Walkin' on the wild side

"Night on Bald Mountain" is the sequence in Fantasia that featured the demon (possibly Satan?) on the mountain summoning up the spirits of the dead and his little minions and such. It's followed by "Ave Maria" (another favorite of mine) where daylight and a church bell push them back into hiding.

As a kid I absolutely loved it because it reminded me of Halloween (my birthday and favorite holiday). That whole movie overall stands up really well and is my favorite af all Disney films.

20. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

I believe the name of the demon is Chernabog. I'm only basing it on the fact that that's his name in Kingdom Hearts. Other than that I know nothing about him really.