1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Disney movies scare....

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Frank White, Aug 25, 2003.

1. loyalheart

loyalheart It's Not TV. It's Cliche

because we're lazy, you should know that! :p ;)

2. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Off hand, I can only think of a couple Disney movies that scared me. When my mom took me to see THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE, I remember screaming at the part where one of the bad guys pops out of a baby carriage right at the camera. At least, that's what I remember; been a long time since I've actually seen it. The witch on SNOW WHITE I always thought was pretty scary. I may be forgetting a few others, but for the most part, I was never scared that much by any Disney movies.

3. Kurtman

Kurtman You blabbing old fart!

As bizarre as it sounds,i was afraid of the clothesline in Lady And The Tramp.

4. Proto DUDE

Proto DUDE The Fonz

Definately the Monstro the Whale scene in Pinnochio.

5. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

I was getting ready to post and then I saw that I already did.:p Anyway, in my last post I mentioned my old fear of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Look at me now! I've got a Jack Skellington avatar!
    And I wanted to add that Nightmare on Bald Mountain must have scared me as a child. I don't remember being afraid, but I have the VHS, and I always stayed away from it probably because of that scene.

6. Merrytoon

Merrytoon is just drawn that way

My mom made me close my eyes at that part when I saw "Pinnochio On Ice", I was so mad! To this day, I still wonder what an ice skating blue whale looks like.

7. Donald Duck 12

Donald Duck 12 Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!

Mufasa dying, Snow White in the woods, the end of Snow White, the wolves and in Beast in Bueaty and the Beast. Disney has many intesnse scenes. It is interesting that like in the Monster's Inc. commercial, "We know kids today are becoming harder too scare..." So I don't know why it was scarier for kids back in the early ninties, but it was.

8. Donald Duck 12

Donald Duck 12 Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!

Scared Spielberg and it scared me too!

9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Frollo singing Hellfire in The Hunchback of Notre Dame freaked me out! And I WAS 21 YEARS OLD when I first saw it!

10. the Amanda

the Amanda Rogue Alchemist

Frollo singing Hellfire didn't scare me, but it did surprise me! I was in middle school, and was really surprised that they would put a song called "Hellfire" about sin and lust into a G-rated Disney film.

When I was young I was scared by the "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence in Fantasia when it used to show as part of "Disney's Halloween Treat."

11. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

I forget which movies I saw that scared me as a kid but there were probably a lot of sudden surprising moments, they probably scared me...I startle kinda easily

12. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

You know, I really love that song. I also love the part just before Quasimodo sings Out There. Does that make me a bad person?:p
    Actually, I like most of the songs from that movie.:cool:

13. the Amanda

It doesn't make you a bad person. I might question your taste because you like HOND. ;) But then I'll rescind my questioning because you like TNBC...

14. kimpossible1fan

kimpossible1fan I am Jack's smirking revenge

well....

Anyone seen The Hunchback of Notre Dome I when I was in grade primary saw it when it came out and had to leave the threatre , when the part with the skeleton (graveyard?) came on. Yes that part of Snow White with the transformation STILL gives me the creeps

15. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

Yeah, I was just kidding, but you don't like the HOND?:eek: (I like your acronyms :D)

16. the Amanda

Nope, I can't say I do like HOND. It's a movie that never knew what it was trying to be (drama? musical? dark? humorous? touch on adult subjects? skirt around adult subjects?) and ended up, IMO, not being much of anything at all. There were some good moments... but I've watched it twice and don't really care to see it again...

I'm lazy and visit lots of Disney sites, that's where I picked up the acronyms :)

17. Roaming Tigress

Certain scenes in Pinocchio scared me, but the rat scene in Lady and The Tramp scared me from watching the movie for years!

18. SailorChristian

SailorChristian New Member

This might seem kind of corny but when I was little Hades from Hercules kind of scared me. Not like run out of the theater scare or start crying kind of scare but like a 'I do not want my feet on the floor in a dark theater right now' scare.

Also, AuroraSzalnski you don't like HoND to bad it's one of my favorite's.

Sailor Christian

19. Behonkiss

Behonkiss Just put an X here and here...

When I was 3 or 4, Judge Doom at the end made me uneasy, but watching the movie again lets me realize it was all to be silly.

In Beauty and the Beast, I freaked out whenever the wolves appeared. The music really adds to the tension in their scenes.

When Jafar turns into the cobra and then the genie at the end of Aladdin...That was intense stuff for me at first, but soon enough I found it awesome.

The one thing from a Disney film that I may be scared of for life is Giant Ursula. It's probably the voice that did it, but she just looks so freaky...Especially when she's impaled, you see her skeleton, and her tentacles melt into that bubbly ooze...I get shivers thinking about that, and it wasn't fun squaring off against her in Kingdom Hearts either.

I've heard of some people freaking out from Nightmare Before Christmas (Mainly because of what happens to Oogie Boogie at the end), but even when I was six, I wasn't scared by it.

And yes, the donkey scenes in Pinocchio are freaky as hell. That was the point, though, and I love the film regardless of them.

20. Daizaburo Estes

Daizaburo Estes Where're the eskimos?

To be perfectly honest, I don't believe I was ever once frightened in the least by...well, ANY Disney film. Really, nothing seems to come to mind. And I've never actually seen any longer than a minute's worth of Pinnochio.

By the way, EVERYBODY seems to be going on about this exact same "donkey transformation" scene, but I unfortunetely have no idea what all of you speak of. Would somebody maybe be so kind as to offer screencaps, maybe?