1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Disney movies scare....

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Frank White, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Frank White

Frank White R.I.P Notorious BIG

the crap out of anyone else when they were young? Actually only one scared me, The Little Mermaid. I was 5 when that came out and my mother took me to see it. I think I saw like 40% of the movie because when Ursula showed up I just like completely balled up until the end. Even after it came on video I used to fast foward past Poor Unfortunate Soul. I don't know what it was but Ursula scared me like no other.

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

If you want scary in a Disney film, check out Watcher in the Woods. The scenes of Karen appearing in things that cast reflections scared the heck out me when I was a child.

Joe Klemm

3. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder An old geezer from the north!

Actually, it's an intro with the red letters after the Socerer's hand being raised.

4. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

It doesn't matter what age you are: if certain moments in Pinocchio don't scare you, you aren't human.

5. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

When I was little, I had nightmares about the crone from Snow White trying to make me eat a poisoned apple. The scene where she transforms scared the heck out of me, as well as the entire late night at pleasure island scene in Pinnochio.

6. Rabbiterose

Rabbiterose Enhanced With...Cuteness

:dot:

<--------"OH MY GOD!! THEY'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN!!"*

But seriously, the only Disney movies that I have seen that scared me were most of the scenes in The Black Cauldron--but I was five when I saw it so that's understandable. And if this counts, Who Framed Roger Rabbit at the scene when...

(*)Guess the ref and when a Goofy plushie!

7. Brandon Pierce

Brandon Pierce Summer Glau Fanatic

I used to find the scene in 101 Dalmations, where Pongo and Perdita attack Jasper and Hores. Nowadays I find it funny (the part where Pongo bites Jasper's outhern boarder, it always cracks me up).

The "Big Ben" sequence used to frighten me alittle when I was a kid (from Great Mouse Detective). What got me to finally watch the sequence, was I wanted to know why Ratigan's clothes are torn up when he's beating up Basil.

8. Luna

Luna Daydreamer

I can't say I've ever been scared while watching a Disney movie.....I do remember being scared of a scene near the end of ET,though (when it looked like ET would die;I was around 4 years old when the movie came out)...

9. SNS

SNS "I am..."

That scared me as a kid too. Another thing that scared me was the sorcerer in the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

10. Animation Otaku

Animation Otaku Active Member

When Snow White was rereleased I was about 5. My parents took me to see it, and right when she was about to eat the apple, I just stood up, said "That's it, I am out of here"(exact quote too :eek: ) and ran out of the theatere.

11. Tash

Tash Active Member

the intro with Mickey in the sorcerer's outfit at the begining of every movie (I think it was the music)

And the scene with the cave of wonders talking in Aladdin

12. Davesnothere

Davesnothere A Gallopin' Gaucho

Brrrrrr!

I got a bad case of the willies toward the end of Atlantis when I realized that the basic plot was stolen from Tarzan! Really. Just substitute the settings and the characters the right way and they match up!

13. Cartman

Cartman Flute Player

I think the scariest moment in Pinocchio was the run in with Monstro the Whale. Otherwise, the scene showing the Coachman and his helpers geting the boys (now donkeys) ready to sell off to the salt mines was just disturbing.

14. Joe Mama

Joe Mama Active Member

"The Beuty And the Beast" did a good number on me when I was 4 or so.

15. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, but how is that scary? That's more of a cheap shot than an actual scary moment.

16. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

Gmd

I got a bad surprise when Rattigan turned into a monster in the end of the movie, and Monstro, the coach man and the shadow people in Pinnochio scared me too.

17. Brandon Pierce

Brandon Pierce Summer Glau Fanatic

Well.... Ratigan doesn't REALLY become a monster at the end of the movie. He just gets REALLY violent and aggressive.

18. JimDaGem

JimDaGem Member

Ratigan survived when he was splat on the garbage tugboat and he was nursed back from health and now he escaped ten years ago. That's why The Great Mouse Detective II: Ratigan's Revenge video will be out in December 2006.

19. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

The evil fairy (can't spell her name) from Sleeping Beauty scared the crap out of me, especially her popping in sequence with the green. The music played when Aurora was being hypnotized could also induce nightmares.

I was so afraid of Pinnochio you couldn't get me to watch it. And you still can't. It's freaky, dark stuff.

20. STASHONE

STASHONE MF Toon

Some of the old shorts used to scare me like "Pluto's Nightmare", "Duck Pimples", "The Skeleton Dance", "Donald Duck & The Gorilla", "Haunted House" and even the "Night On Bald Mountain" segment from Fantasia; that one really used to give me nightmares!