1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Akom Work on "Jem"?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by SB20xx, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Not being very well-versed in the '80s cartoon "Jem", I have to ask: Did Akom do uncredited work on this show? The Akom article on TVTropes mentions they worked on six episodes, but Akom itself doesn't list it on its website. And Dottor Vaffa's Co-productions database website only lists Toei, Shin Won, and Sam Young as working on it. Basically, aside from Wikipedia and TVTropes, I haven't been able to find definitive proof that Akom worked on the show.

I mean, it's certainly plausible, considering that Marvel Productions heavily used Akom, but I would like confirmation that it's true. And I mean with a solid source.

Ugh, this is why researching '80s cartoons is such a pain, a lot of them were really bad about crediting overseas studios. It wasn't until the '90s that they got the credit they deserved.

#1 SB20xx, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017