Dexter's Rude Removal can possibly be aired

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by SRB2Unleashed, Oct 8, 2012.

1. SRB2Unleashed

SRB2Unleashed Dragon Ball obsessed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  2. Toonster

Toonster New Member

Wow... Dexters Lab is a kids show so why would the creator even consider making Dede call Dexter that ? It makes no sense..

It will still be kinda cool to see a more raunchier version of Dexters Lab on adult swim though

3. metaXzero

metaXzero New Member

Same reason one of the people working on Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers drew a pic of Chip taking Gadget from behind. They are adults having fun with the characters in their free time of work. After working several hours of doing safe for kids stuff, some may want to let off some steam and get a laugh for themselves and their co-workers.

4. Toonster

Toonster New Member

^ I understand them putting in hidden adult jokes SOMETIMES in their kid series that is ok. But having Dexter drop the F bomb on DeDe?

lol wtf?

5. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

Never knew about an unaired episode. Sounds cool. If they are able to schedule it, I'll be recording it.

6. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

Maybe that the "Greatest Moment in Television History" Adult Swim has been promoting.

7. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

That would be awesome.

8. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

...My god...adult swim, you are the best! Hopefully it can get to air! :D

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Ha ha! AS, you rule!

10. Mister Modular

Mister Modular Miss Carmody

Seems appropriate if they do air it. Toonami wasn't the only thing we grew up with. ;)

11. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

It's basically the modern-day version of the infamous film reel where Porky Pig says "son of a b-". It's something that the writers and animators made behind the scenes for their own amusement and was never meant to be shown to the general public (except for one or two showings at conventions back in the late 90's, conveniently before the advent of inconspicuous video recording devices).

The fact that, until now, Dexter's Rude Removal was just the stuff of whispers and rumors, an Adult Swim airing of it would be something to be remembered for years to come.

12. fredinandus

fredinandus New Member

It was an actual episode.

[​IMG]

http://fredseibert.frederator.com/post/4725807053/bad-dexter
    “Actually there was one episode that they didn’t air. It was called ‘Rude Removal.’ Dexter made foul mouthed duplicates of him and DeeDee. Everytime they swore we bleeped them but standards didn’t like it.”

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/10l1an/i_am_genndy_tartakovsky_the_director_of_hotel/c6ede4b
    "There was an episode like that called RUDE REMOVAL but it was for kids, about Dexter trying to remove the rudeness from Dee Dee. But he ended up making a rude version of himself and Dee Dee. They cursed but it was bleeped! Cartoon Network didn't want to air it, they thought it was too harsh".

13. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

This is awesome, I have a reason to watch [adult swim] now! :dexter:

14. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I actually heard it was shown at a convention once before the days of camrips and Internet, as well as a censored version in other countries, but I'm not 100% sure on this. How this doesn't air but an episode of Baby Looney Tunes (yes, you heard me correctly, BABY Looney Tunes) where Daffy says a bleeped swear word does is beyond me (especially when you consider that BLT was geared toward a younger demographic than the other shows and got a TV-Y).

15. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

For some reason I thought I heard that this episode played on Boomerang with the swearing bleeped out. Maybe it was in a different country or something.

16. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Rude Removal being an actual episode explains a lot.

- Why is there a missing episode in Season 1 (In the original run, "Dexter's Rival" aired twice).
    - Season 2 of Dexter's Lab are indeed seasons 2, 3 and 4 production-wise. Season 1 was the first 13 episodes, but every guide lists episodes 14-52 as Season 2. Craig McCracken left the series entirely after "Last But Not Beast" (only returning for Ego Trip), so if his claim that he worked on the show from seasons 1-4 is accurate, then the original run of the series were indeed four seasons before the series was revived.
    - If it was an actual episode, then it can't be THAT bad. I'm sure it's fine by AS standards.

17. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I remember seeing on another message board that supposedly the title card features Dexter mooning the audience while Dee Dee is flipping the bird. Also every dirty word in the book was said at least a dozen or so times. I don't think it explains why Dexter's Rival was played twice as this was obviously not made to be aired on TV.

18. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

I don't know if Dexter's Rival was reran so it can be paired with Mandarker in the same half-hour, or if it really was to replace Dexter's Rude Removal.

19. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

Look what Adult Swim tweeted yesterday:

20. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

They know it is.