1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Demi Lovato Discussion

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by NewcomerDC, Nov 2, 2010.

1. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

If I were a dad, and my adult daughter who had serious body issues finally over came it and was happy and comfortable in her own skin, took a pic to celebrate that fact in something women wear at public beaches... I'd be raging mad of course:rolleyes:.

2. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So on Friday, Demi did a live chat on the Cambio website. For a half hour, she sat in her studio, answered questions sent from Twitter, and proved to be her usual perky self.

Mostly she answered regular chit chat questions, like who's her favorite artists (currently Eminem, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj are up there), favorite smoothie flavor (strawberry banana), favorite candy (the Brazilian Brigadeiro, which she had a tough time pronouncing), and so on, but she answered a couple of key questions.

Apparently her new single should be coming out in a couple weeks, and it's her favorite song from the upcoming album, which she's just about done recording. She's doing a world tour and will more than likely hit South America first. According to Demi, she's going there first since she has a special place in her heart for this area of the world, but I think she might also be doing this since she left for treatment when the Camp Rock tour was doing their South American leg of the tour and wants to make up for the shows she missed. Either way, it sounds good and I can't wait for the North American leg to come down.

She also recommended that fans check out So Random, which I think we at least owe to her and Disney a little. Demi didn't talk about her time in the treatment center all that much, but after her 20/20 and magazine interviews, I think that's fine, and she seems happier than ever.

Demi seems to be taking her sweet time getting back into the groove of her life before going to the center. She seemed happy, albeit a little nervous, to be in front of the camera again, and I can tell that she's really excited about her new material and can't wait to share it with us. Eventually, she might even go back to television or film, but I think right now, Demi wants to focus on her music and personal life before taking that on again, which I respect and admire.

Can't wait for more chats or info about the girl in the upcoming future!

3. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I can't get behind So Random. After what Demi went through, I'm not jumping on board to watch a show that will probably won't be funny and will miss out on the key ingredient that led it to become its own series from Sonny.

It's good to know that she's doing better even if her going on tour is a bit too soon.

#63 NewcomerDC, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's nice that Demi Lovato seems to be doing better and is happy. It's also nice that she wants other people to support the So Random show. I wonder if she's still in contact with her former cast members, but she probably wants their show to work out. I'm not sure if I'd check out the show because the promos I've seen remind me a bit too much of the latter years of All That, but I might see a full episode to see if it is fun to watch.

5. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

The cast said that Demi is welcome back to the show anytime.

6. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

That's comforting for her, considering Demi never really had a problem with the show. At the same time, as she's going to focus more on her music. I can see her dropping by to visit from time to time. It'll certainly help her to overcome some of the issues of going on camera, but only she can determine when she'll be ready to return to series television.

7. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

I can see Demi/Sonny being the host/musical guest star on So Random this season when her new single should be ready to promote. I think that would be a nice way to end the season, in fact.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. That sounds nice and it does show that they're still good friends, which is great and most likely a good source of comfort for Demi Lovato. Though, like Darklordavaitor, I can only see her coming back as a musical guest, especially since she wants to focus more on her music right now.

9. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

I hope Demi Lovato guest stats on an episode, maybe a musical performance. I'm glad she's doing better though, and she will continue to be successful in music. As for So Random! I'm not much interested as Sonny With a Chance lost its quality as time went on and like Light Lucario said, it reminds me to much of the later years of All That. I'll still check out a few episodes to see if I might enjoy it, but otherwise I wont be interested. Although one thing I will say is that at least So Random seems to be different from the typical Disney show.

10. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

I really wish that there was a transition episode to explain Sonny's disappearance and why Chad Dylan Cooper is joining the cast of So Random! (was Mackenzie Falls canceled). Otherwise, it feels like it takes place in a different universe from the previous show.

11. Alec

Well it kind of is. Disney announced the series as it's own separate series apart from Sonny with a Chance. The show-with-in-a-show is now it's own show. So I'm guessing it's like SWAC never happened and this has taken it's place.

12. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

She probably will, but clearly, Demi Lovato was the heart and soul of the show. I would watch So Random if Disney was kinder to Demi, before she left. When she departed, I wasn't surprised- after what she's been through, she deserves better. BTW, I did see an unofficial caricature of her on Cartoon Network's M.A.D. program, last week. I said unofficial, because I'm not sure Demi really voiced herself. I'm not sure how she feels about cartoon voice-overs, but she might give it a shot in time. After all of this, I really can't wait until Demi performs on TV, once again. I'd like to see her on Conan, Ellen, etc. Demi Lovato will be a very good performer on radio-friendly stations, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of her records gets regular airplay on adult contemporary radio. God bless Demi.

13. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Not quite. They still used their SWAC names on So Random and acted as if they were doing a new season of the show.

14. Alec

I missed the first episode. I still think they should've had a transition episode if that's the case. Honestly Disney is such a confusing company I can see why this has happened and why it's so confusing to everyone.

15. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

It probably wasn't worth watching, alec2011, so I don't thing you missed much. BTW, Master Toon is once again, wrong- my initial comment about Demi Lovato being the heart and soul of the show, stands- I could care less about all others on the show, because Sonny clearly stood out. I could never see myself ever watching the show without her on there. Without Demi, So Random will die a slow death at season's end and Disney will get what they deserve for working her way too hard, before she finally left for her own good. It wouldn't surprise me if So Random is cancelled at season's end- Demi made the show go, and without her, it just isn't any good, nothing more than a variety show wannabe and that's downright depressing. My prediction is Demi Lovato's post-Disney career will flourish and her former TV show will be gone by this time, next year.

16. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Can we turn this into a general Demi Lovato thread or something? She's been out of the treatment center for a while, but we're still talking about her on here.

Anyway, the release of her new single has been confirmed for July 19, and it's called "Skyscraper". A video has already been shot and will likely accompany its iTunes and retail release on instant. I don't know when the album's coming out, but I do know that Demi will be performing the song on the Teen Choice Awards in August.

17. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Start another thread on her, minus the information about her going in and coming out of rehab. When Demi's new single "Skyscraper" comes out, I'll be listening for it. I bet it will be radio friendly enough to receive airplay on adult contemporary radio. All the same, I wish her all the best.