1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Demi Lovato Discussion

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by NewcomerDC, Nov 2, 2010.

1. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Is that what happened? I haven't been keeping up to date on everything, but I was under the impression she had depression issues, self-image issues about her weight, due to bullying from before she was with Disney was what led to her breakdown.
    What makes you think WMG won't hold her back the same way you think Disney is? I don't care about her breaking into the mainstream though, and would much rather her focus on making great music and then possibly becoming mainstream due to that.

2. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is what mostly happened.

True, Demi did have a lot on her plate around the time she hit the treatment center, pulling off Sonny With a Chance, Camp Rock 2, a tour for CR with the Jonas Brothers, writing material for her new album, and doing work for her charities. But you know what, replace Sonny with their show, and you could say the same thing for the Jo Bros, and they didn't seem to mind the work, and none of them had as many personal issues holding them back like Demi, and she's had a workload like this going on for a while. On top of that, when she left the tour, Disney seemed to support her every step of the way. From what it looks like, cutting Demi out of her show was at least partly her decision too.

I don't think Disney should be held accountable for much of what happened at all. Heck, neither does Demi, from what she seems to say in her interviews seem.

3. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I think it might be best for Disney to make an official announcement about the end of Sonny with a Chance. I told myself several times after the news broke out about Demi being in rehab that I couldn't see the series go on with a third of fourth season. After the audience found out about Sonny's talents in singing and writing songs, all that was needed was for her to get respect from the So Random! cast and get with Chad bringing the casts of both shows together ending the long feud that began in the series' first season.

Now that she's walking away from the show, I'm proud that she's continuing to do well for herself. The fans should know that she need a lot more time to be in peace with herself and with other people around her. With that said, I hope none of them begin to get angry and begin a string of hate towards her because they loved the series. With Shake It Up and the upcoming A.N.T. Farm, the kids have as lot to look forward to in the next few months. If not those shows, there's the animated fare on Disney, changing the channel, or go outside and spend time with friends rather than think about TV.

4. Starfire6417

Starfire6417 Member

Hi everybody! sorry I got to this thread late. here's my opinion on the Demi lovato situation. I myself, love Demi Lovato. I loved her from the very start on Disney Channel. I loved her in camp rock! I think she is very beautiful and very talented. I was very upset when I found out back in November 2010 that Demi lovato ended up in rehab. I believe that it wasn't just the bullies that pushed her that far. I think it was the bullying and Disney.

In my opinon, Disney is horrible! They treat their stars like crap and expect to make a whole bunch of money off of them. Now true, Demi had alot on her plate when she entered rehab. She had her hit show, Sonny with a chance, She had camp Rock 2, she had camp rock 2 in concert etc.

I've also come to learn that Disney set Demi up to go out with Joe jonas. They just wanted Joe to date her to promote the movie but Demi thought Joe loved her. So Disney is pretty much the bad guy here! they also would not let her get any rest.

Thank you that is my rant.

5. Sgt.Frog

Sgt.Frog Active Member

Did they really do that?

6. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

The rumor is either Disney, Papa Jonas (the former manager for Demi as well as the current manager and, obviously, father of the Jo Bros), or Joe himself set up the relationship.

When you look back at the pictures of Demi and Joe together, he tends to look at the camera rather than him, even when she's romantically tranced by him. If those rumors aren't true, then she at least must have been way more into him than he was her.

7. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

No.

I, and I am not saying there's anything wrong with this and not that it's anyone's business but his own, but Joe Jonas strikes me as a young man who at this point in his career might not be able to reveal everything he'd like to reveal about himself. Public relationships of convenience with fellow celebrity friends like Lovato help him present the image he needs to present for his career, right now, and it's possible that in the future he'll feel comfortable enough to be more open with his fans.

8. underdog

underdog Member

I gotta agree with your analysis, I've gotten the same feelings as well.

9. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Starfire, you've hit the nail on the head with your assessment of Demi Lovato's situation with Disney, and I believe alec2011 will agree with you, too. I'm not sure if you realize how right you are about the situation. Disney just doesn't get it- is that how they make their money, by overworking young talent to the point of burnout, resulting in both mental and physical breakdown? If it is, if I were one of them, I would put one foot in front of the other and leave- no kind of money is worth that kind of unnecessary aggravation. Demi Lovato is a very talented singer and actress, but after what she's been through, with the bullying of the past as well as Disney's excessively unnecessary pressures of overworking her, just to promote a product, which isn't even that good, her talent would be better served, elsewhere. I'm going to get in touch with alec2011 and ask for his input on this thread, too. Personally, I think Demi Lovato should ask for her release from her Hollywood Records contract and sever all ties with Disney, once and for all. Afterwards, since she's been working with famed folk singer-songwriter Jason Reeves, she really should consider starting her post-Disney career and sign with Atlantic Records, which is part of the Warner Music Group(Jason records for WMG). It's all about her moving on and leaving a bad situation behind. She has a very good chance of making it on mainstream adult contemporary radio, but the first thing for her to do is to move on from Disney. If she remains with them, they'll continue to hold her back, and Disney's days of holding Demi back, are over. Her life is not built around Disney, and after what she's been through with them, she doesn't need to be in that situation, any longer. I agree with you, big time, Starfire. Now, I'm going to contact alec2011, and ask him to post his thoughts on this topic.

10. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

I agree with you and Starfire6417 about all of this. I thought SWAC was an alright show, I wasn't like I NEED to watch this now, but it was entertaining at times. However I feel Disney could've waited a little longer. If Demi still didn't want to return, then I saw cancel the show. I heard that for some reason there was a possibility that they would do a separate So Random! show anyway, I think that's what the creator said to Disney that if Sonny didn't work out or something that just So Random! could be done.

I think Demi will do good with her new music and now that she has more time, to focus on other things. From the looks of it, it may be the last season as Disney now seems like it is just milking the series more than it should be. It's an exact copy of All That! (Even though the producer is the same who worked on All That!) but still. I'm moving on to different channel's than Disney and checking in once in a while, but Disney needs to get it's mind in line and think about the stars as well.

11. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

Is this one of those cases where I should pull out the old Fry "Ohhh...I see what you did there" pic? ;)

12. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Everyone have made great points about Demi leaving Disney. That's what Ashley Tisdale did yet came back once asked to star in the High School Musical spin-off. Then again, after that, she's back to being a free agent even though she was in a few films and TV shows since leaving the company. In Demi's situation, I wonder what can happen. I can see her in movies but in what genre than the saturated horror we have today resulting in beautiful people dying equaling big bucks for potential franchises, I'm not sure. She could also leave the Hollywood scene for good and just settle for the regular life with going to college, getting her degrees and settling into a full-time career.

13. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Uh, Disney discussion aside, recently Demi put a pic of her in a bikini up on her Twitter. Here it is.

I'm normally not one to post pictures of women in binkinis or what have you online, but I'm very proud of Demi for feeling proud enough of her body again to post a picture of it. She really has a great one, and I applaud her for everything she's done since going to the treatment center.

I especially like this series of tweets she made after posting the pic.

"I never thought I'd ever feel confident enough to ever to that. I'm excited how far I've come since being completely ashamed of my body..
    I want any girl/guy out there who struggles with body image or confidence to know that it IS possible to find peace with yourself.
    t hasn't been easy, but it starts with a commitment to yourself.. Your mind.. And your soul. And trust me, I'm still working at it!! Haha"

14. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

I've seen Demi's bikini photo and I have no objections about it. This comes naturally for her, considering she likes to surf and beachcomb. The thing is it presents self-confidence, and that's what she needs, nowadays. Whatever it takes for Demi to help her feel good about herself, I'm all for that and more power to her. In the future, she'll have more confidence in herself, but only she can determine when she'll be ready to return to TV, because she's going to focus on her music in the meantime. I've always defended her, and now, I'm praising her for having more confidence in herself. I mean what does Demi Lovato have to be ashamed of? She has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Continue to be confident and believe in yourself, Demi!!!

15. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

WOW! Looking good Demi, looking good.

16. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

She only did the movie if she could be an executive-producer, which is what Raven did for Season 4 as well otherwise they probably wouldn't have happened.

17. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Out of rehab and taking sexy pictures of herself... Demi's head is in the right place.

18. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, because girls taking pictures of themselves in their bikinis is so inappropriate. It's not like they actually wear those things in public, after all.

19. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

Yeah, because girls taking pictures of themselves.. in their bikinis.. right after they get out of rehab, and are still apart of the whole Disney thing.. yeah, I'd say inappropriate. How would you feel if you were a dad and had a daughter posting that sort of stuff for all of the internet to see?

20. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Maybe, but it's not like candids of Demi or just about any other Disney girl in their bikinis don't already exist. Actually, some of the candids I've seen of her or any random picture I've seen Miley take of herself while skimming Disney sites seem considerably less tame than this picture.

Demi didn't take the picture just to have us oggle at her, she took it to prove that she's proud of her body currently after struggling with her appearance for years. That's why she went to to the treatment center, and that's why I'm proud of her. If she was really going to make a bad example out of herself, she'd go back to cutting or purging.

As for the dad comment? Well, I sure know I wouldn't want my daughter to do nude shots, but I don't know how I'd respond to a self-shot bikini, truthfully, but if my daughter was 18 or older, like Demi is, then I'd trust her judgment.