1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Demi Lovato Discussion

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by NewcomerDC, Nov 2, 2010.

1. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

It might be the same news as was originally posted earlier this month but apparently, some sources were late to the party when word got out about Demi being out of rehab.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/29/us-demilovato-idUSTRE70S0FL20110129
    Also, can someone help me with the image size. I've tried making it smaller but it's still coming out big after editing this post.

#21 NewcomerDC, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  2. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Even as she's out of rehab, Demi Lovato has been the victim of a lot of baseless, meritless criticism, and quite frankly, she doesn't deserve it. She had been on the road for months at a time, she's been burned out and she hasn't been getting enough rest. I don't blame her for cancelling her tour- she needs to get rest. She also needs all the time she can get, before she can even consider returning to television. Now, unfortunately, she knows what it's like to work for Disney, and the feeling is not good. Whether she's under contract or not, she needs to consider leaving Disney, for her own good. She does have a future, after leaving Disney. I recently heard she's working with well-known folk singer-songwriter Jason Reeves on a possible future music project. Since Jason is signed to Warner Music Group, he might convince his people and Demi, herself, to possibly sign with Atlantic Records- well, it can't hurt for her to consider that, especially if it, more or less, saves her sanity. As far as her getting back on TV is concerned, I wonder if the people at Cartoon Network or TBS are even considering giving Demi Lovato some airtime, once she leaves Disney Channel? That couldn't hurt, either. No matter what she does, from here on out, I wish her nothing but the best. Unless Disney acknowledges the problem of how they treat their young stars, this problem is only going to persist. For Demi Lovato, fully understanding what happened with past Disney stars, who've fallen from grace and have gone through this kind of aggravation with the studio, for her sake, she needs to get out, while she still can- she's a teriffic talent, but the kind of recent, needless and unnecessary aggravation that she had to go through, she definitely doesn't deserve it. Be strong, Demi- don't let them bring you down, anymore!!!

3. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apparently it's highly possible that she has been out for a little while now, but has only publicly confirmed this.

Whether that's true or not, I think she needs to give herself at least the weekend off before going back to work on Sonny and everything else full-time. She really deserves it.

4. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Let's ignore the rumors and all the bad for a second to focus on the good.

Demi's back and in good health.
    And I couldn't be happier. I helped every step of the way that I could, and to see her happy and full of life again I the best way to start off my day.

This is going to be a great year for Demetria Devonne Lovato. I know it.

5. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

I agree, big time. Speaking of Demi Lovato, I would like to see her guest star on a future episode of Tyler Perry's House of Payne as the niece of one of C.J.'s firefighters. This is certainly something to think about, but after a tough 2010, I, too, think 2011 will be a much better year for Demi Lovato.

#25 SF4Ever, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
  6. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

About Demi's appearance in Tyler Perry's House of Payne: I don't know. That's like taking her out of one mediocre show to another that hasn't gotten me to laugh. I could understand when it came to the kid who played Marcus in Suite Life on Deck Season Two only for his popularity to rise overnight leading him to star opposite Mitchel Musso in Disney XD's Pair of Kings, but seeing Demi come out of no where into Tyler Perry's world where there are so many characters and connections to tie them all together with the grand matriarch that began the creation of the Perry-verse, Madea? I think that, trying to remember what I said on my blog, it would be best to focus on her music, acting much, MUCH later.

Sonny with a Chance almost went through a complete 180 without Demi and I think that even if she returns, the show won't bounce back from what happened during her time in rehab. Even Disney have noticed with its Disney 365 specials featuring other members of the show, in their recent episode aboard the new Disney Dream Cruise, that the other members were more important not just for that show but for their use in the future. I think that the show probably should have ended with two seasons leaving the rest of the core cast star in new, original Disney Channel live-action comedies and films. Add 'becoming voice-overs for their animated series' to their resumes and they're all set before venturing off to other projects from other companies.

I saw Demi's video to the fans yesterday before my 9am class and it was great seeing her back. While I still believe it'll take some more time for her to fully put the past behind her and make the big step towards her future, her gift was a big surprise because I didn't read anything about the video or watched TV for the announcement.

7. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Say what you want, but I believe it's going to happen. BTW, Tyler Perry's House of Payne is not a mediocre program. I believe Demi has a future, long after she leaves Disney. She's already appeared on TBS, before, so I'll welcome her to appear on TBS, again. I think she's ready to not only leave Disney, but also move on to other non-Disney projects, and I believe the good people at Warner Bros. would gladly have her. Her life is not built around Disney, so people need to quit assuming it is. My initial comment still stands.

8. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

She was on TBS? I don't watch the channel, but this must have been from waaaay back before the network worked out the contracts to get Perry and Ice Cube's shows on air.

As for Warner Bros. adding her to new projects, it already picked up Ashley Tisdale, even if she was working with them music-wise, and Aly Michalka. I don't mind Ms. Lovato working for the competition.

Anyone else want to express their feelings of Demi's recuperation and message to her fans?

9. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Demi Lovato's exit from Sonny from a Chance is now a permanent move, from this MSNBC article. This thread will be mirrored to the Musiquarium as this news also applies to that forum too.

10. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

They've been shooting the So Random! spin-off for a couple of months now. Apparently it's like the Christmas and Halloween specials, which means that it'll focus on the sketch comedy show rather than the characters and add guest hosts and musical performers in. There was always an open space for Demi to return, and there might still be, but I guess she's about done with that part of life.

Also, Sterling Knight/Chad is going to be a SR! regular now. No reason, just because.

11. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

Basically, this is going to be the Disney Channel version of All That.

12. Alec

Alec Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan

Sonny with a Chance was more like The Amanda Show then anything else.

13. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

So Random will die a slow death, but oh well, at least Demi Lovato is moving on(come on, Warner Music Group, bring her in).

14. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Hollywood Records still has Demi on contract, so I don't see her leaving just yet. They've been treating her fine too.

15. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

How long will that last? My guess is not much longer.

16. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Why?

17. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

It'll only be a matter of time before Demi asks Hollywood Records to release her from her contract. It's all about her moving on from having anything further to do with Disney. At the same time, Jason Reeves' camp might also push for her to consider joining Warner Music Group. Case and point, if Demi Lovato is truly going to move on from Disney, she must consider what is presented to her. Personally, I would like for her to someday, sign with Atlantic Recording Corp. All due respect to Hollywood Records, it was once controlled by Warner Music Group, now it's controlled by Disney, and to remain with them, after the way the studio treated her, it would be a conflict of interest for Demi to remain in that situation, any longer.

18. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I still don't get why you think she's going to moving away from Disney. Besides they've invested too much in her just to let her go.

I'd rather her sign to an independent, because from what I've heard from her, she sounds like she'd make great music if she wasn't shackled down to a major label.

19. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think Demi's contract with Disney is fine. They've been very good to her, didn't seem to be much of a problem when it came to Demi's personal issues, and she got her start there. I don't see her leaving anytime soon, provided that she still has interest in doing work.

Since music is what Demi strives for, she'll probably be doing work for Hollywood for a while, unless she decides to hit an independent label or something.

20. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

It makes no difference how much Disney invested in her, the fact is they did a disservice to her in the end, overworking her to the point where she had a mental breakdown and was burned out from lack of rest. Disney wasted Demi Lovato- she would be better off moving on. My initial comment stands- I would like for her to come to Warner Music Group. She'll no longer have Disney holding her back, as she will have a good chance to break into mainstream pop radio, and with folk singer Jason Reeves helping her out, I think she knows she has a real good chance to succeed. Like it or not, Demi has a real good chance of breaking into mainstream pop radio, after leaving Disney, and joining WMG, where Reeves records, would be a good start for her. BTW, Demi Lovato's life isn't built around Disney, after what she's been put through, she'll have greater success, elsewhere. Disney wants to make money, but to make money at the expense of its young talent's health and well-being, I consider that unacceptable. Demi deserves better, but after what she's been through, I believe it's time for her to sever all ties with Disney and move on. The Warner Bros. people like her, so she might want to consider joining them, next.