1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Demi Lovato Discussion

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by NewcomerDC, Nov 2, 2010.

1. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

While I'm not sure if this will receive any word from anyone who cares about any or all of the Disney Channel female stars but this morning, news got around that Demi Lovato's heading to rehab. From here, her reasoning for this goes as follows:

I hope that she will be alright for I thought that though I was a bit picky about her singing, she's a beautiful star who I believe deserve the support from not only her fans but from us who have seen what has happened with some of the young celebs over the years. Depending on how long she'll be in recovery, I wonder if it will affect production of more episodes of Sonny with a Chance? Regardless, take care Ms. Lovato. You're in my prayers.

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Oh, so she was the source of all those disturbing tween starlet blind items. Or at least some of them. Well, I hope she gets better and gets over all these problems that her management vociferously claim have nothing to do with drugs.

3. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

When I read about her deleting her Twitter account the same night the whole Tom Kenny death rumor came about last week, I didn't know that it was all leading up to this. As I said, I hope that she will get better. I think, in order for her to recuperate fully, maybe it might be best to not do anything related to TV and music for a while. She can write songs and poems to help her get those hard times that have been on her back after all of these years but perhaps it will be best for to stay away from the media although paparazzi will follow her every move.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Now I feel a little bad for laughing at that anti-bullying PSA she did. Hopefully she gets the help she needs and is able to put this behind her.

5. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I can't think of anything that would lead anyone to bully her, but in terms of her being famous, I know there are a lot of low-lifes that would do anything to put her down. I still remember reading about the marks on her arm and how a rep told the press that she was wearing bracelets. If she was indeed performing self-mutilation than I really hope that it doesn't become a part of her life depending on when she gets out of rehab. Like I said, I think she's beautiful even if I'm a bit picky at her singing and acting. She has a big fanbase that is supporting her and she's someone who, dare I say it, is of more importance to me than Miley Cyrus and her parents' divorce.

With her being on tour with the Jonas Bros., even though she was fine the first time she joined them on tour, as seen in the Jonas Bros: 3D Concert Experience film, this latest tour must have pushed her to the edge since she had to be with her ex, a reminder of better times but also one who had broke not only her heart but that of Taylor Swift's. That's why I said earlier that maybe writing about how she still feels about the breakup could help her. It would be her own therapy and it worked wonders for Swift regardless of what we think about the ongoing theme in her songs.

Also, Rick Jones, I'll have a look at the anti-bullying PSA. In these times, we need to make sure that everyone of every age support one another.

6. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

7. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I hope she'll be all right, that is a very sad story. I feel really sorry for her, having to put up with all of that garbage in her life while being in the spotlight.

8. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I hope that all of this is just a rumor.

From http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20101111/ten-demi-lovato-accused-of-heavy-drinkin-764dee7.html

9. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

All of the blind items about the "tween starlet" that apparently turned out to be Demi have been hairaising tales of stuff like unsafe public sex and more blow than a vacuum cleaner on reverse. Let's face it, she's 18, she's emotionally troubled and she lives in LA. It's probably not just "exhaustion" unless that's being used in the common euphemistic way.

10. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If the guy saw her do this way back then, why did he wait until now to report this? And for that matter, does he have any proof?

I think this report is bs, and not worth our time. Although I kind of hope her seeing Neon Indian is true, just because they're great and further proof that Demi is the cool Disney chick.:p

11. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Is Neon Indian the group that created the song 'Animal'? If so, they're great.

Other than what I recently posted, the last bits of news I found dealt with Demi dating Wilmer Valderamma, dating Justin Bieber, and Selena Gomez denying any bad blood between her and Demi. I didn't catch all of what Demi's father had to say about her going to rehab on Inside Edition but already some media outlets are painting him to be another bad father probably close to the likes of Michael Lohan. Speak of the devil.

http://www.celebuzz.com/michael-lohan-thinks-demi-lovatos-s272071/

12. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

You're thinking of Neon Trees, the indie band. This is Neon Indian, the electronic band.

13. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

There's so much neon in the music world today than you'll find in Las Vegas.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow. That is such a sad story. Given her popularity on the Disney Channel, I never would have thought that Demi Lovato was bullied that badly in school. I can definitely relate to her statement from the E! Online link about words can hurt and stay with you for a long time. I don't know if the emotional problems have anything to do with drugs, although that wouldn't surprise me too much, but I still hope that she recovers all the same. At least she knew that she needed to stop her tour and get help, instead of pushing herself through the tour, so hopefully that's a good sign for a nice recovery in the not too distant future.

15. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

Disney should call this reworked version of Sonny with a Chance So Random! to avoid easy confusion (one being about the performers/production and another the presentation of the actual "show within a show") between the two series.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118027434

If Lovato isn't ready to film when the show resumes production in January, producers have reworked the series to focus on the "So Random!" show within a show.

16. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I like the idea of reworking Sonny. Maybe when Demi gets out of rehab, there can be a special all dedicated to her character and all that she has done to make So Random! one of the most popular shows within the series' fictional universe. Cap the episode off with a tearful song performed by Demi and it's a guarantee that the particular stand-alone special will be a bonafide hit.

17. Goodfellow

Goodfellow Active Member

What a surprise, another famou child star goes to rehab. To be honest, I don't see why this matters since this is something that is normal (and will probably happen to Mily Cyrus and at least one Jonas Bros within the next two years).

18. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

19. Darklordavaitor

Staff Member Moderator

Something that can't exactly be confirmed: Demi's out of the treatment center and is out and about. I've read from fans that have seen her in places like H&M and Target, and even saw a picture of her with another fan at a Kohls. I think these were taken from a day off from the center (she took at least one during Christmas), but it's very possible that she had a silent leave from the center.

Something I can confirm: Demi will be in season 3 of Sonny With a Chance. Since it seems like they're going to wait a little to start production on it, I don't think they're going to focus on So Random! sketches for a little like Disney reported they would earlier.

All good news if true, but I'd support Demetria's decision no matter what she does.

20. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

I agree- if there's currently no major issue with Demi Lovato, we would do her a great deal of good and just leave her alone.