Deciphering Stitch

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Hurricane V1, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricane V1

Hurricane V1 New Member

I'd just like to say there's not enough Lilo & Stitch talk around here. I was really suprised how enjoyable it was compared to other Disney spinoffs.

Anyway, do any of you guys ever try to figure out what Stitch's words mean? They seem consistent enough to actually have meaning behind them, just like the languages in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. I'm going to sound like a dope since I've only theorized three: "Ehh" means 'yes', 'naga' means 'no' or 'negative' and 'bujeeboo' or whatever means something like 'sweetheart'. Have you guys figured out anymore?

2. One Radical Dude

One Radical Dude Whoo-hoo!

Stitch's Language...

Actually, yeah....I do know a few words in Stitch's language.

Soka = Sorry
    Okie-taka = Okey-dokey
    Gaba = What
    Achi-baba = Friend
    Iky = Yuck
    Meega nala quista/kweesta = (Some sort of naughty or threatening phrase.)

There is so much more.....

I agree that there should be more L&STS posts. There are two episodes left before season 1 ends, I believe...'Bad Stitch' and another one, which will air Monday, Feb. 9 (no episode title shown, though...just the description).

3. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Hopefully the series gets picked up for another 26 episodes, or at least has the sequel wrap up the loose ends.

4. SSJPabs

SSJPabs It's just us

Well Lord of the Rings languages were worked on for 50 years by a philologist so I hope they make sense! :p

I dunno, how was Stitch's language constructed? As simple as "hutchbuggee = car" word substitution or as complex as LotR where there are multiple stems, multiple language divisions and where Feanor once turned his back on the Noldor because they said S instead of the "pth" sound.

5. Tash

Tash New Member

there's one phrase he says a lot... um... it means something like "let's go"...

6. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

The "Stitch" Dictionary and Phraseology book!

Tucsoncoyote here:coyote:

You Know One Radical Dude, it got me to thinking about Stitch's Language.. and in fact I too Like Lilo and Stitch, but what really gets me is the fact that no one has not yet come up with a Dictionary or Phrase-ology Book for Lilo and Stitch.

(They did that for the Klingon Language for Star Trek)..

(So why not a Dictionary or a Phraseology Book where we can all learn Stitch-enese!):D

(I think that would go over great for the kids..):D

7. wrenchien

wrenchien New Member

something tells me i'd bet a short book translating stitchese to english would probably sell.

8. One Radical Dude

A 'Stitch-ese'..whatever-you-call-it book...

No doubt, tc and wren. It would sell well. I might get it, too, if it ever releases.

Hamutaro, 'let's go' translates as 'goobaja'. Is that the word you hear a lot, or is it something else? :p

9. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

Will Write and Speak Stitch-ese for FOOD! *Laughs*

Again it's funny if Stitch-ese (let's just call it that) becomes popular with the kids.. after all I do know that Klingon linguistics eventually became an Official language with the world just 3 years after the Kilingon Linguistics Dictionary (of which Mr. Michael Dorn (Lt. Worf of Star Trek: The Next Gerneration and Rufus 3000 of Kim Possible: A Sitch In Time) helped develop.. it could also develop into an audio CD where we could hear Stitch teaching us to Speak Stitch-ese!:coyote:

(Uh Mr. Eisner, could I have your job... Pweeeease???? (Puppy Dog Pouts)):D

10. Tash

Tash New Member

yeah, that's the one.

11. BigKPFan76

BigKPFan76 It's Kimstyle, Yo!

We need somebody to write a dictionary of "Stichese" :p Then we can be fluent in it.

12. Tash

Tash New Member

Meega = I/me

Kweesta = Destroy (because in "Bad Stitch", it was ovious that that's what it meant, because he kept saying something like "you will destroy", then Stitch said "Meega nala kweesta", then later "Meega Naga Kweesta"/I will not destroy)

so I guess "nala" means "to do something".

wow... um... they put a lot of thought into this...

We should start trying to decode what the other ones are saying, because they all speak the same language (except the english-speaking ones)

13. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

In '627', pay attention because Stitch says a lot in his alien language that Jumba translates that'll really help decipher his language.

14. Spyro

Spyro New Member

I think Meega Nala Kweesta means "kiss my butt!"

15. BigKPFan76

BigKPFan76 It's Kimstyle, Yo!

Does anyone know what he is saying in the opening credits?

16. JDWeil

JDWeil New Member

I believe the language Stitch speaks in the series is Hawaiian. Unfortunately. I don't speak the language.

17. One Radical Dude

You sure about that?

I thought it was some sort of made-up alien language (I usually view the Closed Captioning for the show, which isn't always accurate). I don't think so, but that's something the folks that work on the series know. I'm going to disagree with you there. But there are plenty of Hawaiian words on the show, such as lolo (I think that means 'crazy'), mahalo (thanks), and a few others. On the theme song, much of it is Hawaiian, I believe.

Tookie bah wah = Let's get started (or 'let's begin')
    Iki bah bah = Come on

You also hear 'Iki tookie nee ha', 'aka tiki bah bah', and 'gaba ika tasoopa'....yep, yep...a booklet or something to translate these words is necessary. :p

18. MissValentines21

MissValentines21 New Member

your right because those ant alien things from men black say that in either the first on or second but im sure its the first on:sweat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.