1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by KCJ506, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

@Greg91 I missed out, even though I live a train ride away.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Hrm... Okie-Dokie. Let's talk about the PG-13 nonsense and my problem with it.

Yes, I know a lot of the Deadpool comics don't contain certain four letter words or naked private parts, I know most of the comics got away with a "T-rating" but bare in mind though, even if you take away the language and nudity, the character is still technically R-rated for the violence and sexual innuendos alone. But if you do take away the violence, your RUINING the character!!

And while I admit, that a PG-13 Deadpool film can work, that doesn't mean you should tone your film down especially since it already received an R-rating.

And even if there are children and teenagers who want to watch it, since they like the character as well let me clarify something here. I think that kids are a lot smarter, and more capable then we tend to give them credit for, so if they want to watch a Deadpool movie even if it's "R-Rated" then you should trust your kids that they can handle the mature themes of the character, so long your an adult supervisor accompanying them.

Or even if they can't watch it in theaters, they can still find ways of watching it for free online, or they can just wait until they can rent it. Just because someone watches something with Sex, Gore, and Profanity, that doesn't make that person inherently bad. Yeah I know I criticize on how DC goes overboard with the use of gore and sexual content in their projects (Which get away with "T-Ratings" btw) but in the context of the character of Deadpool that's understandable.

The character is versatile, he can work in any media be it mature or broad.

And by all means, if I were a parent, and if my kid wanted to watch an R-rated Deadpool movie, I'd happily sit by his/her side enjoying the film.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It reads like Deadpool wrote all of these, which would explain the bit about Colossus wanting Deadpool to join the X-Men. I mean, I think Peter's the type to see the good in people even when they're very far gone, but the commercials make it look like he doesn't really tolerate Deadpool's antics anymore then Angel Dust does o_O.

Yeah, Negasonic Teenage Warhead being Colossus' trainee is interesting. I wonder if each of the X-Men has one? Maybe in the new continuity that's how Rogue was brought into the X-Men, as Logan's trainee?

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, that would be neat. Though I think he would "decline" being a mentor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably. Though knowing Logan's luck he'd still end up doing it if only by accident :D.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Reynolds is hilarious.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Everybody seems to be having fun with this movie :p.

9. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

Yeah, this is pretty much becoming anti-Fant4stic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I saw the film last night.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. AhmedtheHead

AhmedtheHead Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I'm sure we'll get more official word if the movie winds up being as much a hit as it's expected to be which I really hope so. And honestly I can't see much of a crowd for How to Be Single sans older female audience goers who don't really care for action fare. And... has there been ANY good buzz in the last couple of months for Zoolander 2? Hell I go to movies all the time and have seen tons of ads for Deadpool and How To Be Single, but nothing for 2lander since it's teaser previews like in the summer time. I can't really see it being great competition so hoping that unlike last year, we have the Marvel movie wind up being the successful bread maker over the more chick themed Dakota Johnson vehicle.

16. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

The film was released here in the UK today, I saw it earlier this evening. It does not disappoint. Violent, hilarious, often harsh, the film is a wonderful match of comedy, action and a revenge flick.

Please go see it.

17. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The official Toonzone talkback for Deadpool will either go live tonight at 12:01am ET, posted by Yojimbo, or tomorrow morning at 6am ET, posted by myself.

18. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Good to hear so guess we're bidding farewell to another preview speculation thread *sighs* man it was only less then 7 years ago when people were debating whether a true Deadpool movie could be made and even feeling it'd never get an R thanks to Fox which yeah obviously things change and thankfully for the better.

Mod Note: Talkback Thread is live.

• Like Like x 1
    #258 Neo Ultra Mike, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.