1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by KCJ506, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8308

Good lord, that's way too many spinoffs.

2. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I think Reynolds is hilarious, so if they can get a good script and plot together with a good mix of action, I say go for it.

3. Damien

Damien Watching

As long as he talks to the audience at some point.

4. Taekmkm

Taekmkm Ribbit

You want a preview of Deadpool? Watch Reynolds in Blade.

5. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

^That was mean.

This has so much potential, I only hope they can get the right writer for this.

6. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

This is the one Marvel movie I reeeeeeally hope never ends up in production hell.

If they take the character back to his comic book roots, I have high hopes for this movie. If they treat it like another dry action flick, there will be no charm. And Deadpool is nothing without his charm.

Or his little yellow thought boxes. But those would have to become narration.

7. Taekmkm

Taekmkm Ribbit

What? That was a compliment.

8. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Yes, I love the character. Just hope they do it semi right, I mean it doesn't have to be perfect. And yes, please let him talk to the crowed I loved that about his character.

9. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

I can't wait to see which secondary character is introduced in this film and then goes on to have a spinoff of his/her own! :p

It could be a neverending cycle!

10. Temple Fugate

I'd pay to see a dark comedy staring Blind Al.

11. brooks

brooks Member

I just hope the movie don't ruin the original comic...Surely I have no faith in it.

12. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A movie in which a villain is the star, or is Deadpool more of an anti-hero in the comics?

I would prefer a Gambit solo film since he's always been my favorite X-Men, but a Deadpool movie might be cool. The final fight between him and Logan/Creed in Wolverine was pretty darn sweet. :D

13. CountAbyss

CountAbyss Vs. The World

I remember Reynolds saying in a interview that in order for the movie to work "you have to be 100% faithful to it's origins and to stay as true to the source material as possible because there is nothing interesting than the source material of Deadpool"

I'm glad Reynolds thinks that and as long as the writer/s does that and we get a good director that understands how Deadpool works then we'll have a fine Deadpool movie here. I enjoyed Reynolds portrayal of Deadpool in Origins (Despite him being in 15 minutes of the movie).

14. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

The opening of the film should be DP going to Fox studios, finding Tom Rothman and slamming his head into his desk 10 or 20 times.

15. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

What's awesome is no matter what happened in Wolverine, Dead Pool can fix it all by breaking the forth wall and starting the movie with an intro:

"You know all that stuff that happened in Wolverie's movie ? Total BS. You see, the guy playing me wanted waaay to much money, so they did this to him: (shows screen cap of Deadpool from Wolveriene). Sucks to be you buddy..ANYWAYZ.. listen up as Wade tells you the REAL story of how I became the handsome devil I am today... it all started one rainy afternoon...."

They'll need to hire someone with comedy experince to flesh this movie out. I'm beyond excited. Ryan was the best part of Blade 3. I wonder if the studio will try to push Deadpool as a PG-13 film. I mean I hope they don't, in knowing Deadpool has a pretty huge cult following.

16. Chris Sanders MSX

This movie has been talked about for YEARS. It's not a spin off of a minor character, the fans of Deadpool have been begging for Wade on screen and using him in Wolveriene was a nod to the fans since their origins are slightly tied together. Now that Wolveriene is a success, it's easier to get Wade's movie green lit since he's not an A-List character like Batman.

It was all a clever plan to give the fans what we want, and justify it... I'm sure after Watchmen, studios were hard processed to green light more films for characters that aren't tested on audiences.

17. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

It's being made by Fox, so I won't be surprised at all if the director intends to shoot an R-rated movie, but Fox interferes. Because they just can't keep their hands off the creative direction that their movies take. It's always PG-13 this, shorter runtimes that. It just seems like they need to lay off the superhero movies and just let Marvel Studios handle it.

18. Sparticus

Sparticus Should be drawing right now...

The thought bubbles could be worked in through the magic of computers! Actually that might be pretty funny. He could be narrating, make a comment about missing the thought bubbles then poof! They appear! But instead of containing words, they're little crudely drawn animations to demonstrate points.

19. Temple Fugate

That would never fly with audiences. The boxes would be regarded like subtitles, and "Nobody wants to read a movie."

I think narration would work perfectly. He could have entire conversations with himself, and it'd play against other characters in the same room who'd be like "Who's he talking to?" Then Wade could even make a BSG reference to Baltar or something.

And PG-13 can carry a lot of violence. Look at Dark Knight. I wouldn't want to see an R-rated Deadpool movie just because it wouldn't do as well at the box office. The comics may APPROACH R-rated material, but they never cross the line.

20. Chris Sanders MSX

True. I don't know, if they approach Deadpool as a dark action comedy, and not a super hero flick it could still do well, ala 40 Year Old Virgin or even Blade's series (which did well enough to get 3 movies). I just feel like Deadpool's origin could be a little dark for kids but I also was introduced to him when I was one, so what do I know ? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.