1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Feb 12, 2016.

?

"Deadpool" - Discuss and rate this movie!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

50.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You've never seen an X-Men movie like this...

[​IMG]

Deadpool
    Release date: February 12, 2016
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: Tim Miller
    MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity)
    Screenwriters: Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese
    Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller, Gina Carano, Ed Skrein, Brianna Hildebrand

Plot Summary: Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, "Deadpool" tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

Discuss Deadpool's very first movie right here! Sound off!

Related Threads:
    -X-Men: Days of Future Past Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -The Wolverine Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -X-Men: First Class Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -X-Men Origins: Wolverine Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -X-Men: The Last Stand Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -X2: X-Men United Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -X-Men Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Deadpool Comic Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Deadpool in Animation: A Retrospective Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Deadpool Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)
    -Deadpool 2 Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)
    -X-Universe Cinematic Universe News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, so please keep your posts as thoughtful, relevant and insightful as possible. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Most importantly, please keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly I really enjoyed this movie and felt that it pretty much lived up to the hype I had for it. Granted some of the jokes I wanted to have it didn't and I could of wanted more but there's honestly to me nothing specifically wrong with it. And honestly it may be the best X-Men related movie as it's the first one to really focus on just one specific character and have everyone around him feel like honest support but give them something to do that fits. So we aren't piling mutant on top of mutant and what not. I'll give a few more spoilerish thoughts on this but again brief review as this is a really solid movie.

So yeah really solid movie and easily one of the best of the year for constantly keeping me laughing, wanting to see the villain get his, actually buying the romance and just doing a good job bringing this character to the big screen. FOX screwed up before but not this time around so good job with that guys.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

The movie did such a good job depicting the X-Men it made me hate the previous movies even more and they're not even the star of this movie!

4. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Gosh darn me for letting myself be so trigger-happy on seeing those trailers.

That opening credits was sublime.
    I suppose I liked most of it with most of it being without question an Origins: Deadpool movie that Ryan Reynolds as a cbm aficionado can be proud of. The romance angle was trite, but I did enjoy his moments with Weasel, the workshop buddies/baddies and Blind Al. He had some interesting exchanges with Vanessa and she, herself, is a refreshing female character to a fault.
    Everything regarding that hand was perfection and to that extent him getting hurt in one way or another was a treat.
    Hopefully in the next one, they can up the ante on the violence if they obtain greater funding.
    I have to give a standing ovation for how well & how much work went into the CGI on such a tight budget.
    Bob cameo was awesome.
    Ajax was alright. Angel Dust was okay as henchwoman.
    Her best scene was with Colossus covering her exposed breast.

Couldn't get into the present X-Men presence, aside from that taxi ride, even if I understood the joke they're intended to be (emphasis on the "joke they're intended to be"), so that was sort of underwhelming.
    I did chuckle at the meta X-Men references. For the moment, it's a no if these writers are planning on penning X-Men given I was hoping they'd be less stereotypical even if they were more conventional. NTW is primarily there to be made fun of for being a teenager and delivering some forgettable snark :shrug:.
    I would keep Tim Miller around for the visual side of them.

The highway + Wade/Ajax altercations I wager were better than the accumulated final fights (this means good-great action overall), which had really neat Colossus/A. Dust brawl & showcase of NTW's ability even if she was clearly a rookie. The only development of hers I genuinely cared for.

Since I've griped about it that much, the less X-Men in the sequel, hopefully Cable is taken more seriously, the better.

#4 Mostezli, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

A God Tier movie for 2016, in terms of both action & comedic effect. They really did Deadpool justice here - and this opinion is not from that of a comic book fan, but an average movie goer with some free time on his hands...

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Utterly brilliant. No Fox mess here, this is among the best superheroes films they've ever done.

Funny, violent, very dark at times, this movie deserves all the money and accolades it is receiving.

My entire theatre was howling at the Collosus fight scene and the 'Captain Deadpool' line. Reynolds was born for this role.

Very happy this movie is making the money it is!

7. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

So going in, I understood why people liked Deadpool, but I never got into the hype all that much...until today. It's easily one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time, and a non-stop joy ride from start to finish! Bring on Deadpool 2!

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I know as an, R-rated movie, that it's obviously not for kids, it's extremely violent, and it expresses uncensored sexuality and profanity. However, to anyone who does consider taking your kid, I think it depends on the kid him or herself, if the kid can handle this sort of content, especially if he or she is familiar with the character, and knows the risks of this movie, then so long as you give them adult supervision then... maybe... not for sure, but maybe.

Either way, watch at your own peril!

10. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

No voting on ratings on this thread? I give it 2 1/2 stars.

What a way to mark Deadpool's 25th anniversary (created in 1991). There are a few funny moments, mostly the bite-the-hand-that-feeds-you variety, plus the "gratuitous cameo" by Stan Lee. When I think of Ajax, I think of laundry detergent, then dish detergent (as Wade did), then Duckman's kid. Here, Ajax is just a smug little punk who got his. Did Gina Carano pack on some pounds since leaving MMA? Looks a little thicker than I remember, and I didn't see "Haywire". I think we'll see her again, along with Negasonic (1 word, boys, not 2) and Colossus, in X-Men: Apocalypse in 3 months.

Mod Note: Poll added!

11. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

o_O Where'd you hear/read this?

12. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

Yeah, no way in hell is Negasonic in Apocalypse. If we use Brianna Hildebrand's age as an indicator of Negasonic's age (because of the Dawson Casting - trope, the character might actually be younger than the actor), she wouldn't have even been born during the events of that movie.

13. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Just a guess, Mostezli.

14. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

For a movie that spent most of its time trafficking in jokey postmodern irony and black humor, I almost got whiplash for those origin torture scenes. I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

16. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

Has anyone had any luck finding information about what the exclusives are for the DVD/Blu-ray releases at the various retailers? Thanks.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Target and Best Buy have info out.

Basic Blu-Ray/DVD

4k version

Best Buy Steelbook

Target exclusive

18. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You're welcome. Hmm, interesting. I'll keep an eye out for any press releases. An exclusive might still be in the works.

20. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1