1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 10, 2017.

1. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

You could see Spider-Man/Avengers but they'll probably decide not to have them. Funny enough that would be the opposite approach to Marvel Animation.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can see it now..."Why doesn't Spider-Man return any of my calls!?" :p.

• Like Like x 3
  4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

So if Liefeld knew about it a year ago and Bleeding Cool knew about it a few months ago, I wonder how far into pre-production they might actually be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I really hope Taskmaster shows up in this!

• Like Like x 3
  6. xfan1991

xfan1991 New Member

Will this lead to more x-men related cartoons like for example a Adult Animated Wolverine cartoon on the main FX Network?

7. RoryWilliams

Probably not. Western animation is still only really receptive to adult cartoons when they're comedies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I hope that the art and animation in this series is good, but I have a feeling that the animation for this series will be like that of either ARCHER or the BLACK PANTHER "cartoon" (which was actually a well done motion comic).

• Agree Agree x 1
    #68 spyke, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  9. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

I hope no MCU characters shows up. I am just kinda tired of them at this point. Talk about over exposed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I want Steven Blum to show up as Wolverine and that's about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RoryWilliams

Ironically the exact same thing many would say about Deadpool.:p

I'm gonna say characters like the Avengers aren't likely, though not for that reason. This is likely gonna be rated TV-MA and Marvel likes to draw a line between stuff that they consider for general audiences and stuff made for adults. See: The Lego Avengers incident or Disney Infinity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What Lego Avengers incident o_O?

I would think it's unlikely for The Avengers to pop up given the creators are likely going to only be able to use characters that Fox has the rights to, like The X-Men. I don't see Marvel giving them carte blanche as far as who they can use, character-wise.

• Like Like x 1
    #72 Frontier, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  13. RoryWilliams

They had access to use most of the MCU (including Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter) but were told they were under no circumstances to use any characters for levels from the Netflix shows, because those are aimed at adults instead of a more general audience like the movies. That's why you can't actually play as the MCU versions of Daredevil, Luke Cage or Jessica Jones.

The same thing happened when someone asked an employee who worked on Disney Infinity why there weren't any Netflix characters. The guy said Disney Infinity is aimed at a family audience, so they couldn't use stuff from the adult-oriented shows.

I imagine the reverse situation will be true here. Marvel is probably not gonna let characters they actively market to little kids like Spider-Man and the Avengers show up in what is sure to be a very raunchy TV-MA series.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

As long as it looks different than all the animated Marvel shows I will accept it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

And this is ONE (of several) of the reasons why I am opposed to the MU (and DCU) characters being in TV series and movies (and comics and video games) aimed SOLELY at adults. Whether fans,creators,editors,filmmakers,or corporate bosses want to admit or not, the MU and DCU characters WERE NOT created for and aimed SOLELY at adults. These characters were created for and aimed at KIDS AND ALL AGES.

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Honestly, I think Superheroes are versatile enough that any one hero or character can appeal to both kids and adults, and be able to have stories that are either all ages or geared more towards adults.

I don't think I'd ever want to limit the genre or characters to one or the other.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about limiting the genre as a whole. I am SPECIFICALLY talking about keeping the MU and DCU characters suitable for all ages. If these characters were originally created for and aimed at kids and all ages and are part of a shared universe, then they should all contain the same rating all ages content. This does not apply to characters like the Watchmen and the Image heroes which were not created for and aimed at kids and all ages.

18. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Well, I think people are open to different interpretations of characters. We've seen versions of Wolverine that fit in various age ranges from The Super Hero Squad Show to Logan. His first comic appearance was pretty all-ages, yet there was a huge fan demand for a more violent portrayal on screen before Logan came out.

In terms of Deadpool, does that mean he shouldn't be in all-ages projects like Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man if he's usually deemed a more adult character?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Didn't seem to stop Wolverine and the rest of the X-men from being child friendly after Marvel Anime.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Totally. These characters are malleable which is great in my opinion! One of the only Marvel characters I don't usually like seeing in more adult projects is Spider-Man. He usually doesn't fit for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1