1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 10, 2017.

1. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Bleeding Cool did not lie.

With the possible exception of Spidey (whose animated TV rights they got back from Sony when they reworked the Spidey movie rights deal), Marvel never lost the animated TV rights to any of their characters. They just (temporarily) chose not to make or use any of the characters whose movie rights were owned by FOX.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #41 spyke, May 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Yes they did, and they lie frequently.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/getting-x-men-cartoon-announced-later-year/

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess Deadpool kind of counts as being part of the X-Men family when you think about it :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

How does that link and quote prove that BC lied? The article that you quoted from is proof that BC didn't lie. The article specifically said "I understand that, later in 2017, we will get the announcement of a cartoon as well that’s part of the X-Men family". The last time I checked, Deadpool is part of the X-Men family.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Ignore what Vile One said about that Bleeding Cool lied about a new X-Men animated show when they never mentioned that an announcement would take place at Wondercon. People assumed that an announcement would take place there. They didn't lie. They never even mentioned Wondercon. It could be possible an announcement would take place at either SDCC or NYCC.

I have a good feeling that North will indeed reprise his role for the TV show, though some would want Will Friedle, given that he voiced him for Ultimate Spider-Man.

More like no Man of Action in sight because they're to blame for two of the weakest Marvel animated shows of this decade, not Wacker.

That's right, Deadpool is a part of the X-Men franchise. He originated in The New Mutants after all. The Vile One is basically a Bleeding Cool hater as he thinks they lie all the time, when clearly they also report on news that are not lies.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #45 AdrenalineRush1996, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  6. TheVileOne

Reporter

Deadpool is Deadpool. X-Men is X-Men.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the argument could be made that Deadpool is an X-Men related character and with a close association to them, even if he's also become a very big property separate from the X-Men :).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. TheVileOne

Reporter

The Bleeding Cool story basically stated that the X-men were coming back to animation. That's not what's happening here. They lied. I stand by my comments. I take nothing back.

9. AdrenalineRush1996

Ignore what The Vile One said. He's just bringing up what Bleeding Cool said about a possible X-Men cartoon. All they said that there were rumours that a new X-Men cartoon being announced but they never said that it would be announced at Wondercon.

Him saying that Deadpool isn't connected to the X-Men is actually false since Deadpool himself has been a member of X-Force, debuted in New Mutants, is vitrolic best friends with Cable and he used to date Copycat.

This is partly why I unfollowed him and put him into the ignore list.

In response to The Vile One's comment:
    They didn't lie. They never said an announcement would take place at Wondercon. Their article was more of a "take it with a grain of salt", not a lie, so it's still possible that an announcement can be made at a later date.

Should an announcement take place, then you will regret saying that they lied. You're the only one in this thread who's saying that they lied.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #49 AdrenalineRush1996, May 12, 2017
  10. TheVileOne

Reporter

I never said Bleeding Cool claimed it would be announced at WonderCon.

Some other people here perpetuated that rumor and probably made it up because they figured that would be the place to do it.

#50 TheVileOne, May 12, 2017
  11. AdrenalineRush1996

^ If they made it up, then like I said, it's more of a take it with a grain of salt than an outright lie.

12. TheVileOne

Reporter

Making it up is the same as lying.

13. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

We don't know if an X-Men animated series is on the way. Simple as that.

IGN has listed some characters (and other elements) they'd like to see in the Deadpool show. Do you agree with any of their recommendations?

I think an X-Man or two could show up, but they certainly shouldn't be overused to make up for an X-Men animated series at the moment.

As for other Marvel heroes, it's possible but I think Marvel will want to keep their more kid-friendly characters on Disney XD.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AdrenalineRush1996

Response to The Vile One's comment: Again like I said, it's more of a taking it with a grain of salt. It didn't sound like a lie and there has been numerous rumours of a new animated X-Men show, so Bleeding Cool isn't the only one to do so.

Just stop bringing up an article from a few months ago and move on.

I'd want a better Marvel animated show on Disney XD and I'd like one that would appeal to both younger and older audiences. We haven't had a good one with that appeal since EMH. I don't want another Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble or any mediocre stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TheVileOne

Reporter

AdrenalineRush1996, you have no authority over me. So stop telling me what to do.

16. AdrenalineRush1996

The Vile One, I'll put this way: Can't we just move on from this? People have already moved on from Bleeding Cool's article on a possible X-Men animated show.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note: Please end this discussion now. No more personal attacks, either directed at other users here or at other web-sites. It doesn't matter who said what, or when. I don't think it is worth getting so worked up over stuff like this. There's no reason to keep this argument going so please, no more comments about it. Infractions will be handed out, if necessary.

The fact of the matter is, Deadpool is getting his own animated series next year. Let's focus on that and try to bring this thread back on-topic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AdrenalineRush1996

Agreed. Anyway, back on topic about Deadpool: TAS. I'm actually glad that the Merc with a Mouth is getting his own show.

#58 AdrenalineRush1996, May 12, 2017
  19. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Cable and Domino are givens.

The interesting questions is whether certain other Marvel characters will be allowed to show up given this is likely to be TV-MA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt we'll see any major Avenger or Spider-Man pop up in this. If they use anyone in the comics, I expect it'll be an X-Man or Mutant that Fox owns the rights too already.

Though they could always make a joke about the rights issue :p.

• Like Like x 2