1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 10, 2017.

1. xfan1991

xfan1991 New Member

Basically it demolishes the myth that their is an animation embargo on Fox owned characters.

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Didn't I say that was doubtful in my original post?

• Agree Agree x 1
    #22 TheLemsterPju, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'd rather they not cast Ryan Reynolds because he's probably too busy to dedicate the time to do it.

Look, I'm not against the idea in theory. But look what ultimately happened with Clark Gregg as Coulson in Ultimate Spider-Man, JK Simmons as JJJ. Eventually the characters kind of got phased out and their roles were less and less. They are big stars and they have a lot of commitments outside animation.

The more seasoned pro voice actors can dedicate more of their time to these characters.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Not really. It just means it's changing (finally). We had Fox characters playing roles in several cartoons and then they suddenly vanished (Wolverine, Doctor Doom, and Deadpool), with Wacker saying in no uncertain terms there were no plans for them to be used in the future, and giving lame excuses whenever someone asked about it.

This was around the same time Marvel was pulling the X-Men and FF off merchandise and being very stingy about what was being released, as well as not including them in several mobile games, as well as general pettiness like cancelling the Fantastic Four comic book over the crappy Fox movie.

That's not a coincidence. Thankfully it finally seems to be at an end.

No more than Sam Jackson voicing Nick Fury in Disney Infinity made that part of the MCU.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #24 RoryWilliams, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Awesome news of Deadpool getting a Cartoon :D
    I'm looking forward to this

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I imagine the shorter number of episodes for the season might increase the chances of getting Ryan Reynolds to voice Deadpool, but I guess we'll see. Personally, I'd also root for Nolan North to reprise the role.

Anyway, this announcement is a pretty nice surprise since I wasn't expecting Deadpool to receive his own show. It's cool they're going with a different network because I kind of doubt Disney XD would have managed to pull off some of the stuff that makes Deadpool so unique. The show could be fun, even though I admit I've never been a huge fan of the character. But I thought the live-action movie was pretty cool and Hulk Versus Wolverine is one of my favorite Marvel cartoons thanks in part to Deadpool's role there.

I am curious seeing how it will all play out, or learning more about the show - who will voice the title character, will he have a supporting cast, will any other X-Men appear or at least be alluded to, who the villain(s) might be, etc.

In a way, I have pretty much the same mixed feelings about this as I do in regards to the Constantine animated series announced a while ago.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I understand the sentiment, but as Royal Rubble alluded to, I think there's a difference between a 10-episode FX series and a 26-episode Disney XD cartoon that might work better for possibly getting possibly the movie cast, like Reynolds, to come in and record :).

And Reynolds even reprised Deadpool for an Honest Trailer. I don't think coming back for a cartoon is that much more of a stretch ;).

• Like Like x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I like the thought of this. Airing in FXX is definitely a good move, Deadpool definitely is something that should be a cartoon for the older people and of course it sounds like a lot of fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Well it still be censored though?

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

He could probably do the Honest Trailer gig in five minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I didn't expect this, but I'm happy. :D This may be the break Marvel's animated shows need. I know it's not from Marvel Animation, but it's still great to see an animated Marvel show that people aren't looking down at.

I think Deadpool is a very fun character and I'd totally be up to seeing him in his own show. I'm glad he's been animated before so it doesn't seem like he's only become popular now.

I would like Nolan North to voice him if possible, (he even made a joke on Twitter) though I would love Ryan Reynolds in the role as well.

Donald Glover really seems to be a part of the coolest projects from The Lion King to Star Wars to Spider-Man: Homecoming... I could keep going! I'm happy to hear he will be working on the show with his brother.

Overall, I'm really happy and it would be cool if maybe one or two X-Men showed up, though that's no necessary. I don't really think it has to be in the same continuity as the movies. I'm just happy Marvel and FX are continuing to work together on X-Men related properties for television.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

With X-Force coming out I wouldn't be surprised if Psylocke, Cable and a few other showed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

No. FXX is a digital cable network; they don't have to bend over backwards for the FCC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, I've been wondering ever since this came online if This new Deadpool cartoon by Marvel, ABC and FX could eventually open the door for Disney buying Fox since the 2 studios used to be bitter rivals but now they look for opps to collaborate. Fox Sports is relatively Cheap compared to ESPN and Disney would own 100% of it with their own sports network. If They do this and save ESPN, Then they'll have the X-Men and Deadpool back under their roof and Add Home Alone, Alien, Futurama, The Simpsons, Ice Age, Die Hard, Night at the Museum, X-Files and Planet of the Apes to their long list of franchises to develop on Movies, TV shows and Streaming. IF We can get enough fans to pray for it, Our dreams might come true and We'll have Stupid Fox under The Disney banner.

15. xfan1991

xfan1991 New Member

Unlike Legion and Gifted Kinberg, SInger, and Donner are not involved at all, which leaves me with a feeling is that also with ABC Signature Studios involved that Marvel has the animation tv rights to all its characters.

16. RoryWilliams

Not even remotely. We already have two other Marvel/Fox collabs on TV so while this is at least a positive sign that things might be thawing slightly, it really doesn't indicate Fox is gonna be bought by Disney. At all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Spider-Man was the big one they needed and we know when they got that back. They've had X-Men since at least Wolverine And The X-Men. X-Men related characters showed up in their shows up until Season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

Oh wow, A Marvel cartoon that people are actually looking forward to. I thought those days were over after EMH ended. Its been a while. Best of all, no Stephen Wacker, Disney XD or Will Friedle (Hopefully) in sight.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Thinking about maybe will get more Marvel cartoons out of this if this is successful. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. RoryWilliams

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1