1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Feb 9, 2016.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Don't forget Jonah Hex. :p

Anyway, this casting caught me off guard, but now that I think about it, he's a solid choice. He has the face and voice for the role, and his sometimes deadpan humor will work perfectly as a foil to Deadpool.

Also, seeing as how he signed a four film contract, I'm betting one of the films was the previously announced X-Force.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't say I would have ever pictured Brolin in the role, but I can see him actually pulling Cable off. Seeing him and Reynold bouncing off each other is going to be a riot :anime:.

Plus, it's kind of fun to see Brolin nabbing all these major comic roles :p.

So, solid casting, and it's good to finally have the hunt for Cable concluded ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Don't also forget Dwight from Sin City: A Dame To Kill For and Young Agent K in Men In Black 3 so yeah Brolin gets around. Heck I think he may be the only actor I know of who had a major starring role in a movie based off a DC Comic, a Marvel Comic, and a Dark Horse Comic. Though honestly seems like Marvel is where he works best.

Heh I do hope there is some Thanos reference in Deadpool 2 with Wade asking Cable if he's spent years "sitting in some space chair" or something like that. But honestly I think this idea works. Again I'm reminded of how well Brolin played off Will Smith in Men in Black 3 and honestly that was with a pretty weak script so it DP 2's script is as strong as the first that will give them plenty of chance to have an even better kind of banter. Since yeah you need someone like Cable to play the cold callous and savage brusier to Wade's much more bouncy and fun personality and I think Brolin would do well at that. Plus hey the schedules line up as I think DP 2 starts filming right after Infinity War main production wraps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm. Good choice.

Good thing they filmed those two back to back, heh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Neo Ultra Mike

Actually another reason why this is so ironically perfect? To start off this decade both Reynolds and Brolin starred in massively disliked and terrible flops if DC projects (Green Lantern and Jonah Hex) and are now building back up their cred with Marvel roles that play totally more towards their strength. Since honestly as disliked as GL and JH were people still felt the two weren't terrible choices and could still be likable, but the writing and directing weren't strong enough. So even more reason for them to team up in a story and film that most likely will live up to their standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Is this a spoiler for Avengers: IW. I mean we know he won't be around forever, but. . . I figure he may be in IW sequel, and that'll be it. But I assume now he's done with it. Must've been nice of Marvel to release him, now we know Thanos won't be showing up in anything soon.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel contract is for around 3-4 movies maybe. Did he ever say how many? In any case, I'm sure they'll schedule to avoid conflicts, like any recurring actor for these MCU movies have become adept at. If Thanos' next appearance is another Avengers movie that won't be for mid 2020s at the earliest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Good choice, he's got range. Plus he survived playing W so I guess he's invincible. XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Neo Ultra Mike

Well again though Infinity War and it's sequel (the yet to be named Avengers movie of 2019) are being filmed back to back and Josh Brolin's Thanos is confirmed to be in both of those movies so again most everything he has to do with those films is being done BEFORE he does any filming on Deadpool 2.

Also not to get too off topic as this is suppose to be about Deadpool 2 but... I honestly kind of thought Thanos was just going to be a figure in the two Infinity Wars movies and either die in those or really not appear again at least not in any meaingful way in the rest of the MCU. I mean the MCU typically tends to not keep villains around after their initial movie anyway (the only exceptions seem to be Justin Hammer, Loki, Baron Zemo.... seriously are there are other starring in one of the main roles of baddie characters still alive in the MCU other then those 3?) and even in the comics Thanos is a very special occurance you don't see hatching more takeover of the week stories say a Doctor Doom or Magneto or Mandarin or Red Skull would. So honestly I kind of thought Infinity War and it's sequel were Thanos's story and that would really be it for the character. I mean did you expect him to like win in the end and just take over the MCU and rule over it because I sure didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Looks more like Thanos to me! :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's good to know he's getting some writing done to pass the time :anime:.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like they're setting up X-Force, though I also imagine Roberto is going to show up at the X-Mansion to setup New Mutants :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

#137 Frontier, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've seen some theories that she might be a rebooted version of Lady Deathstrike, though trying to think of a specific Deadpool-character she could be...Outlaw :p?

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

She could another of Colossus' pupils. Are they using Karma on the New Mutants movie? Wait, I think she as Chinese. Hmm. Who could she be.

• Agree Agree x 1