1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Writers say it will be populated with a lot of characters but still be a solo DP movie.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like Thor: Ragnarok :p.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Who's in the running for Cable, the cast of the Expendables? :anime: Just go full Drago, dangle enough money in front of him and I'm sure he'll do it. Pass on Knightely. XD

The only thing I don't like is the idea of packing as many people as possible into the movie. Dom and Cable, yes, and of course me being me I am always up for any clawed cameos they have in mind. An X-Man or two is probably necessary given the themes of the last movie, obligatory girlfriend, Weasel, villain... That's almost Avengers/Civil War count already. :ack: I hope they don't let the success of the last one go to their heads and ruin this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Glad to know Colossus and Negasonic will be back, as well as Dopinder, since they were all definitely highlights of the last movie :D.

Be nice to get more information about the X-Men of Deadpool's period, even if that would probably be too much to tack onto what's sounding like a packed movie...

I hope Dopinder's okay after the police presumably found his rival in his cab with all those guns :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well again with a Deadpool movie, you can just easily make a joke about that. Just have Wade Wilson look at the audience and say "And that's Cable. I could go into all the long, convulted details of his origin story but apparently this movie isn't 15 hours long so we're just going to skip all that crap and get to the cool stuff" or something like that.

Oh and I just thought of something: If Ryan Reynolds wanted to portray Deadpool as bisexual and still go with the actually well developed romance from the first movie, maybe it's just revealed one of Deadpool's other voices in his head turns out to be gay. Since from I recall Deadpool has two voices in his head so maybe the sequel will explore that and they'll have different tendanies then Deadpool and play with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not surprising. I imagine he'll just be, simply, a grizzled time traveler out to save the future with some allusions to a relation to Scott Summers and Jean Grey :cool:.
    I would not be surprised to hear Wade mention out loud, matter-of-factually, finding Cable "attractive" or "hot."

• Like Like x 1
  9. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't Apocalypse involved at some point in Cable's past, too? And Sinister? That's why I said earlier it would be much better fodder for a TV/Netflix series than a movie. Way too much to condense (read: ruin) in a movie. If anyone can gloss it over, it's Deadpool.

Edit: Knowing him, he can just do something wacky like "hey, it's Cable! You know, that guy I told you about in the last movie? Look him up if you don't know who I mean, he's really cool..." and probably get a pass for it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Writers comment on if DP2 will set up X-Force and DP3. Answer seems to be 'little bit.'

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Hmm. I wasn't really imagining 007 as Cable. I guess he would be alright, then again it would all depend on how he delivered his lines. Not so much accent wise, but down to earth, if you know what I mean. Think of Mrs Doubtfire if you don't get my meaning- that was a funny as heck movie, but he delivered his lines like he was in an Oscar drama.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He's the right age for it, but it would still probably take some getting used to (and I love me some Pierce Brosnan) :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Wow. So I guess that photograph with Hugh Jackman, Pierce Brosnan and Ryan Reynolds was a precursor if Brosnan is cast as Cable. I think some people would like a more gruff Cable, but I think Pierce can do a good job with the role. He could just work out a bit and I'd totally take him as Cable. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I really like Brosnan, so I wouldn't be against it. I was hoping for someone bigger, but whatever. Heck, they'll probably end up CGI'ing most of Cable's cybernetic [arts anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

I guess he'll do a good job, so long as he works on his accent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would never have thought of Brosnan as Cable, but I can actually see it working depending on how they play him :).

I would totally be down for it :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's the unholy alliance - a Mickey, a Canuck, and an Aussie! :p

• Like Like x 2
  20. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Cable's backstory shouldn't matter they should just have him explain it to Deadpool the same way they had Genos explain his backstory in One Punch Man.

• Like Like x 1