1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Deadpool 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure they'll make a joke about it :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I'm sure they'll at least make a joke about the directors changing hands even if it's the titles saying "directed by another overpaid schmuck, but this one made John Wick and that's pretty cool right?"

I admit I didn't like John Wick as much as other people but it was something where the action and fights were very well directed. Honestly my problems with that movie came more with the writing and title character, but I really love the title character and writing of DP so honestly crossing the two should prove fruitful, especially since John Wick was only made with a third the budget of DP so the guy knows how to do well with a small budget.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

12/8: Reports it is being looked into adding Domino to the cast and the actor for Cable hasn't been cast.

12/9: Miller opened up a bit about his departure and debunked some reports.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It sounds like we may never get any concrete explanation as to what happened between Miller and Reynolds/Fox...

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably. But I still think at this point, it was probably a disagreement the direction and scale of the sequel compared to the original.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, though now it seems a mystery as to who wanted to scale it up and who wanted to keep it the same :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I guess we'll know depending on how the sequel comes out. Though it does honestly seem that Tim Miller is trying to save face on this if he is trying to point out what wasn't said but not point out what was said. And okay maybe some of that is classified but if you're going to the effort to explain "oh these are all the things that didn't get me off Deadpool 2" then what did exactly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

The casting disagreement contradicts with what many purported, but everything else is consistent to what he spoke of in a previous Collider interview. He definitely didn't share the "bigger is better" mantra rather insisted he could've done better; eg make it appear less "indie". He also very much acknowledged what made the first one work and didn't much hint on a different direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  10. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Since it's a foregone conclusion that Cable will be in the movie (or so they say), think they'll touch the mess that is his lineage, or just leave him as "the cool guy with all the powers"? Fox has a history of picking and choosing which character traits they like and throwing the rest out, and considering what they did with Apocalypse, they could very well nerf Cable too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think it will be a similar situation with like Psylocke in Apocalypse but with Cable, maybe some vague references. But definitely an opening for Deadpool to make some meta comments about time travel and cloning...hmm.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think they'll probably address his lineage to some degree, or at least introduce the idea that he's Scott and Jean's son (without going into any information more complicated then that) because that could tie him back into the main X-Men people know and give him some credibility with the general audience.

Cable might even tie-in to the post-apocalyptic timeline of Logan, and explain what happened to Scott and Jean in the new timeline after Days of Future Past...

Of course, this being Deadpool, I could see them trying to keep Cable's convoluted origin intact and just make fun of it the entire movie :p.

I also expect Deadpool will probably do more justice to Cable then Apocalpyse did for Psylocke :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Good point.

It would be funny if they both say they think Wolverine is a somethin somethin at the same time.

At least she lived. R.I.P. Angel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Psylocke was a mess but at the same time, I think Munn played her as completely wooden, so that's an argument for another day. :)

It would make sense to tie him somehow into Logan, especially if it's true Sinister is going to show up in that film. I don't think the average movie going audience would understand the Madelyne Pryor/Jean clone thing since that is the kind of plot you need a long build up for (and besides, the only movie Jean has died in so far is the original X2, which went bye-bye, so why would Scott need her?), so I'm thinking they'll ignore it OR possibly keep it and make a Netflix series or something out of it. (Wouldn't that be cool, a series about Young Cable?)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

12/26: I was hoping Deadpool 2 would start with Wade dancing to a George Michael song like Fastlove. Now I'd really like to see that happen, since Mr. Michael has very sadly passed away. :(

1/4: Ryan Reynolds stated his interest in Deadpool getting a boyfriend. My only problem with this is that the first movie made Wade and Vanessa's relationship really integral to the story, so it would be sad if they simply broke the two up or killed off Vanessa for example. I'm not sure this can be implemented without heavily altering Wade's relationship with Vanessa.

• Like Like x 1
    #55 Greg91, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Reynolds sure is talking a lot lately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

They wrote themselves into a corner with that one. Deadpool is canonically open to everyone and everything, and his relationship with Copycat was rather different than what Vanessa's was in the film. They'll have to come up with something compelling if they want to ditch her, plus we still don't know what they plan to do with Domino if she shows up. Cable's gf? Flirt with DP? DP flirts with her, or perhaps Cable? Who knows.

Maybe Cable is the boyfriend Reynolds wants. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I respect Reynolds' pushing for emphasis on Deadpool's Pansexual orientation, but I don't expect it to be a huge part of Deadpool 2, especially if Vanessa comes back.

Granted, I'm sure there will be a lot of subtext with Cable :p.

Reminds me of all the things Andrew Garfield said when he was Spider-Man :rolleyes2:.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not surprised :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1