Deadman Wonderland DVD Release in October

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

[​IMG]

FUNimation's blog announced
    last year that Deadman Wonderland will be released on DVD sometime this year.

According to this (go to page 46), the DVD (no Blu-ray releases are planned yet) will be released on Wednesday, October 10, 2012.

As most of us already know, the show ends with 12 episodes and an OVA, and it doesn't provide any sort of closure. If you're one of those people who want a second season for the anime, please go out and buy the DVD!

2. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

My immediate wish is that Funi's goofy dub be on the discs no matter what.

It'll be good for riffing marathons on nights with friends.

3. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

Why wouldn't it be on there?

4. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I doubt the authenticity of any forum report that doesn't provide a link or at least explain where they got the info. However I doubt this one even more so because DVD and Blu-Ray releases are done on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays. Most CD's are done on Wednesdays, but DVD has always been Tuesday unless it's a blockbuster release.

5. TheCtes

TheCtes New Member

This one does provide a link though.

6. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

So you trust a comic site over known facts. Lets see- it also lists Thundercats Season 1 Book 3 as coming out October 3, a Wednesday, when in fact that has been confirmed for a release on October 2, not October 3. So exactly why should I trust a site that has already proven to have the wrong date for a DVD release? I'm not saying it won't come out in October. I'm saying you can't trust a Wednesday release date when DVD's are released on Tuesday, not Wednesday, and you certainly can't trust secondhand information when FUNi hasn't even announced their October 2012 releases yet.

7. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

From the looks of it, it could be possible that the site is listing when they're going to have the DVDs available for shipping. Even if the information is incorrect, it's an order form so it can't be completely off, especially when people are going to be ordering from the catalog. If this is the case, then Deadman Wonderland will most likely be released on October 2nd, when Thundercats Season 1 Book 3 also comes out.

8. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Sweet! I will be sure to grab my copy of Deadman Wonderland once it's released on DVD, this show has been nothing short of fantastic and it literally seemed to have come out of nowhere and I'm glad it's airing on Toonami. Good choice releasing it AFTER it's already fully aired on the block, doing so before hand or during may have ruined the ratings a little bit, so smart thinking there by FUNi.

9. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

Hmm I might buy this, especially if it could get it a possible second season.:D

10. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

PREVIEWSworld is pretty much always right, they just list everything a day later for some reason. Adjust the dates back a day and you'll have FUNimation's preliminary October slate, or at least part of it. US anime companies pretty much never announce their release slate for any given month on their own; a retailer does it for them via pre-ordering availability. AAA Anime has already seconded this information, but you can only be 100% sure of the information for all the releases from a given company in a given month once Right Stuf makes the pre-orders available. This is pretty late for FUNimation, so they should be up soon. There's always a chance for delays, but for all intents right now, this is how you determine correct release dates.

11. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

Here's the DVD trailer from FUNimation's channel. The DVD will be released on October 9, 2012! It's $45.49 and you can pre-order it on Amazon. I'm hoping that the DVD sales will be good so that this show can at least get a movie.

[video=youtube;IX3lLzhJoNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3lLzhJoNk[/video]

12. bla2772

bla2772 New Member

for some reason it's not on Amazon

13. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

14. bla2772

bla2772 New Member

^ thank you very much :p

15. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

No problem! Planning to pre-order it? :D

16. bla2772

bla2772 New Member

yes sir :)

17. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

If you pre-order the DVD on RightStuf, you get a free Deadman Wonderland mousepad:

[​IMG]

18. RMZXKallen

RMZXKallen New Member

That's not a bad looking mousepad.
    Could use more Shiro though.

19. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Not a great image, but a lot better than the cover art. Again, I probably won't get it early enough to get this with it, but if I do, I'll be fine with using it.

20. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

So it turns out that the DVD isn't completely uncensored. The audio is completely uncensored, but the gore is still blacked out a bit and the scene where Crow's eye is getting pulled out still has the white slash over it.

Also, it seems that FUNimation made a mistake with the DVD cover. On the back, it says that the show has 13 episodes and an OVA, and on disc 2, it says the same thing.