DeadMan: The Movie

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by RitaCat, Jun 2, 2007.

1. RitaCat

RitaCat Bordeaux Baby

Hiya toons

My name is Viky and I've been a member I just saw since 2002. I was active on these boards back then and meant to return but have had a pretty busy time offline though have thought on the site now and again..always some good discussion and information being passed around.

While this thread isn't necessarily about 'cartoons" as I am obsessed with this movie and just had an idea, I thought it might be cool to discuss-tangents welcome!

This is my all time favourite movie. It hit me on a profound level as all my life I've had an affinity for American Indian lore and culture and life and spirituality at large and also a love for noir, black and white films, the old west and yes, Johnny Depp is an added bonus:)

It's an amazing film. It's filled with poetry, mysticism, violence, hope, insight, life, death, satire, reverance to a forgotten people and the dark ravage of the Industrial Age. It touches on many points in history and contemporary life, and if you watch it close enough you'll pick up even more than that.

I thought it would be interesting if this was made into a cartoon or a comic. While the ending of the film kind of cancels this out, even a journey based on two different main characters and such a journey, experimental, through lore and symbology, the old west and the new, I think could be fascinating.

Does anyone else love this film or think such an idea would be fun?

I'd love to begin an online play-by-post revolving around the setting/atmosphere of this film perhaps.

Something to ponder.

Viky

#1 RitaCat, Jun 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2008
  2. RitaCat

RitaCat Bordeaux Baby

Bump

Please Read

3. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

:) Hi! Welcome!

I haven't seen this movie you speak of, so I can't comment there. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by this:

I'd love to begin an online play-by-post revolving around the setting/atmosphere of this film perhaps.

I would advise you against "bumping" your own thread, though. People respond if they care to and on their own time. Bumping will just get you into trouble with the mods. Just thought you should know.

4. RitaCat

RitaCat Bordeaux Baby

Basically, whoever is interested in that type of genre or mood could make a character for the environment, and just say, using this very thread, play by post, write responses one after the other which is playing out a story. If only say five people want to, then they would post in order of each other, each contributing an element of the story.:)