1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 13, 2016.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

If only because Henry sacrificed himself to save the team.

Stein's improvised karaoke-free "Day-O" cover was amusing. FWIW, Victor Garber will be appearing on Flash next week as well to croon again.

ROTFLMAO at Rip getting pwned by Sara at the start.

Aside from that, the script could've used some work. Like, keeping Crazy Guggenheim and Klemmer away from the word processors......

2. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Legends, right now!

[​IMG]
    "Legend of the Spear"
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on The CW
    The Legends must devise a plan to retrieve the last remaining fragments of the Spear of Destiny from the Legion of Doom.

3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

THRAWNE: We have it! The Holy Lance of Antioch.

DARHK: Brother Maynard! Bring out the Book of Armaments!

MERLYN: My name is Malcolm.

DARHK: Read from the Book!

MERLYN: "Hold thine desire firmly in thine mind and count thee to three."

DARHK: One...two...five!

THRAWNE: Three, sir!

DARHK: Three!

4. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

YAY! The Real, 100% Captain Cold in back in action, snatch from an earlier timeline by
    The Legion of Doom.
    :D

As usual there are things that make you scratch you head but overall a good episode.
    Firestorm uses his transmutation power to make skittles. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This was a really good episode, just like this whole season really. I liked the religious aspects of this episodes laced into the war setting. It makes me wonder (no pun intended) how the Wonder Woman movie will show World War I in comparison.

I really liked that Rip forbid the team from going to Jesus Christ's crucifixion. There's no way they could touch such as spiritual event in history. Sin would be rampant throughout the world, so attempting to retrieve Jesus' blood was a better way to tackle the religious aspects of the Spear of Destiny while also including J.R.R. Tolkien.

The Legion of Doom at five members finally makes them seem like a team rather than a small pack! :D I was sad to see the team continue to treat Mick poorly, so I don't blame him for retaliating. It's just unfortunate that he joined the Legion, gave them the Spear of Destiny and once again became an enemy to the team after he was Chronos.

Amaya's story was pretty interesting and I'm not surprised she was tempted by the Spear a bit. I was surprised to see her straight up grab it and demand to go into the field with it. It's interesting that Sara wasn't tempted to bring Laurel back though she did mention her in a nice reference to the Vixen CW Seed series. Amaya's arguments with Sara was pretty interesting since she aggressively called her out a few times.

Other characters had some nice moments like Ray in the cannon with the creepy laugh (Gremlin!), Rip and Nate talking with Tolkien, and Mick talking to Stein about his visions/talking to the crew about how they feel about him. Seeing Firestorm use his transmutation powers again was great! Overall, a strong episode before the final few episodes of the season.

6. Volthoom

Volthoom Member

Fun fact: the God of the Bible exists in the DC universe. The Justice League had an actual angel as a member once. Also the Specter interacts with them occasionally.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Forever changed?! Tonight at 9 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Doomworld"
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on The CW
    After obtaining the Spear of Destiny, the Legion of Doom rewrites reality, leaving the Legends changed, perhaps forever.

8. hobbyfan

Finally got around to watching last week's ep online. Then, I had to sit through this garbage. Stalling on the payoff 'til the finale next week is not my cup of tea, especially with the lame writers on this show.

I especially hated killing off Amaya pro tempore. Thawne will get his next week for sure.

Like, some of us here could write better than the clowns on this show.

9. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Once again this team proves their efforts have been completely pointless unless they muck with the time stream with the usual incompetence.

10. hobbyfan

Y'know, I think now that earlier time travel shows like Voyagers! & Time Tunnel were better than this.

11. Volthoom

Volthoom Member

Do you like campy shows, or do you prefer stuff that is serious? Cause I honestly think you would prefer if this show was actually serious.

12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I don't really see how Tolkien could fit into this?

13. Otaku-sempai

Let me 'spain: The team needs to recover a Holy Relic which is buried on a WWI battlefield. Tolkien was needed to find it because it tied into his research of the legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

14. Troy Troodon

I see, still would have been better if there were hobbits involved. (why not, Superfriends got away a Middle-Earth story where they technically were turned to dwarves if not hobbits)

15. Otaku-sempai

I don't think that the Tolkien Estate or its lawyers would like that.

16. Troy Troodon

Ironic really how the Estate is more like Mordor than it is Rivendelle. :/

17. hobbyfan

With Legends, it's hard to classify if this is serious, comedy, or a blend of both, from week to week. The writing has been atrocious more often than not.

18. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Season finale! One hour earlier at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Aruba" - Season Finale
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    As the Legends are about to take off for their next destination, a massive timequake rocks the ship.

19. hobbyfan

For the 2d time in three seasons, Eobard Thawne is killed off, perhaps this time for good. Matt Letscher will find a new gig somewhere.

Nice call-back to "Men in Black" by zapping Snart & Damien Dohrk at the end. Damien dressed as Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) from Miami Vice? Hil-freakin'-arious.

Funny irony: Fox relaunched Prison Break, which introduced America to Wentworth Miller, tonight, opposite iZombie. Didn't have the stones to put Break opposite Legends.

The team returns to "present-day" LA---and find dinosaurs? Nice tease for season 3.

20. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

It seems they didn't restore the timeline, So The JSA/All-Star Squadron Members are still dead. :eek:
    Also Captain Cold is back in 2014, So that means he will not gather the Rogues together and menace the Flash. :eek:
    Unless Flash messes with the timeline again, I am sure he will. :confused: