1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 13, 2016.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"Is this 2016? Is this May, 2016?"
    "Yeah."
    "You're exactly where you said you'd be. Do not get on that ship. If you do, you're all dead."
    "Says who?"
    "Says you, Mr. Rory. You sent me."
    "I'm sorry. Who exactly are you?"
    "My name is Rex Tyler. I am a member of the Justice Society of America."

DC's Legends of Tomorrow
    is back for season two tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW!

'Like' Legends of Tomorrow on Facebook
    'Follow' Legends of Tomorrow on Twitter

[​IMG]
    "Out Of Time" - Season Premiere
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the exposure of the corrupt Time Masters, a new threat emerges.

Season One talkback

CWTV.com - Legends of Tomorrow

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Ouch, this is on opposite The Good Place now. I was going to give it a second chance, but....

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

This is wack, man.

We start with Mick back in the present, being grilled by Ollie and Dr. Heywood, the latter subsequently joining the team. Rip leaves, presumably because Arthur Darvill is working on another project coinciding with filming these early episodes for this season. (It would also explain Victor Garber doing the opening narration.) Mick narrating the flashback was a bit of a good touch.

Unfortunately, Damien Dohrk is back (Ollie will SO hate that), and now that Sara knows about Laurel, well.......! However, Damien does not appear to have his powers, which puts him on an even ground.

I see they're using Stargirl as an analogue for her predecessor, the Star Spangled Kid (couldn't find anyone for the part, and Stargirl is a Geoff Johns creation), in the JSA, as well as Starman, the original wielder of the Cosmic Rod (The GA Starman's rod was much smaller than the one Stargirl carries).

Of course, I'd be very, very happy if they traveled to 1977 and met a couple of orphaned kids from another world, and........!

4. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

What was FIRESTORM doing while his team was fighting Darhk and his Nazis in 1942?
    Just flying around?
    He should be either sinking the Nazi sub or Transmuting the bomb that the Atom could not defused.

Sometimes their lack of logic using their characters makes me scratch my head. :confused:

5. hobbyfan

The better writers are apparently over on Flash & Supergirl.

6. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Once upon a time in Nazi occupied France! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "The Justice Society of America"
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    The Legends travel to Nazi-occupied Paris, but find themselves surrounded by the Justice Society of America (AKA JSA).

7. hobbyfan

I guess Baron Krieger is their analogue for Baron Blitzkrieg, a villain created by Roy Thomas for All-Star Squadron in the 80's, and/or Captain Nazi, a Captain Marvel (Shazam!) villain dating back to the Golden Age.

So not digging the soap opera. Marc "Crazy" Guggenheim needs to go back to the museum in NYC and get out of the television business. Used to write for Marble back in the day, and the influence is clear in how this show & Arrow are structured.

So Reverse-Flash kills Hourman? Seriously? Bad idea.

Obsidian was a Thomas creation, too, originally introduced in the more modern Earth 2 of the 80's series, Infinity, Inc., but there, he was the son of Golden Age Green Lantern Alan Scott. Since Hourman was the de facto leader of the JSA here (and I don't recall his ever being JSA chairman in the books), that says GL was off limits to Team Berlanti, even if it was to be Scott.

The writing has to improve, and Guggenheim has to go. Otherwise, Legends & Arrow will lose viewers by the basketful.

8. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

They should have just called the team the All-Star Squadron, because that wasn't the JSA.

9. hobbyfan

@Road to Gotham: I'm with you there, man. As I've documented, Stargirl is there instead of Starman (Ted Knight) and/or Star Spangled Kid because she's a Geoff Johns creation. Obsidian is a later period hero, too. They can't use Batman or Wonder Woman for reasons (movies). This was a botch.

10. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Shogun"
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Nate is shocked to learn that he has powers but then accidentally lands himself and Ray in Feudal Japan.

11. hobbyfan

Ok, some hints that maybe, just maybe, Katana is in the Legends' future. Nate comes off as an even bigger tool than Ray was last year. Ray now is out a suit of armor. I think maybe he should think about creating a belt.....!

12. Thad Thawne

Thad Thawne Banned

Was very cool to see Thawne,too bad he's not in episode 3.

13. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Legends is on now!

[​IMG]
    "Abominations"
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    When the Legends discover a time Aberration in 1863, they find themselves fighting for survival during the Civil War with Confederate soldiers who have been turned into zombies.

14. hobbyfan

Oh, gawd, where to begin? Crazy Guggenheim co-wrote this farce, and the script was all over the place. I can see why people have stopped commenting on the show.

15. Thad Thawne

Thad Thawne Banned

The show is amazing because the writers are insane.

16. hobbyfan

Insanely stupid at times, man.

17. Thad Thawne

Thad Thawne Banned

That only makes it better. Yes, I am a total fanboy

18. hobbyfan

You probably don't know the history of many of the characters, and how some have been loosely adapted by the producers to suit their own needs. You're new here, Thad, so I'll offer some advice. Look at the previous season's threads for the DC shows, and you'll see a wide range of opinions that might just make you rethink your stances.

19. Thad Thawne

Thad Thawne Banned

Oh,I do I just don't care.

20. Thad Thawne

Thad Thawne Banned

Eobard Thawne is gonna go through some serious villain decay,the plot requires it.