1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by GWOtaku, Feb 26, 2015.

1. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

I know Supergirl is supposedly separate from Flash/Arrow/Legends, but I think it's about as "separate" as Constantine was, wink wink. Anyway assuming Supergirl will indeed cross over with those three shows, then it's already confirmation Superman exists in this universe. It is nice to see some more direct reference to Superman and Batman, hell, they reference Green Lantern all the time and apparently he's off-limits too. And we've seen Kord Industries, etc.

You know what would really blow people's minds? Have them travel through time to whatever the hell year Gotham is supposed to be set in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

At first I thought a third live action series would be overkill but these two trailers are rather intriguing.

Pretty neat to see Captain Cold looking at a Markovian Emerald. I thought it might have been Kryptonite at first. Could still be. I believe they teased Markovia in Arrow season one in relation to that earthquake machine. And that university they went to in 1975 was Saint Roche University which was in Saint Roche, Louisiana and part of the 2000s Hawkman run. They really like alluding to Superman with 'man of steel' lines don't they? I'm pretty sure they used that line in Arrow and Flash. Definitely Flash.

I don't see Cold and Heatwave staying on the team for long and they'll probably reappear in Flash season two. C'mon, they're staple Rogues after all. Jeez, so Sara is alive again (yeah, just catching up to LoT news)... she's the Energizer Rabbit of this canon. Agreed, very cool to see the Firestorm costume and the Hawks! Rip Hunter, time travel, and Vandal Savage -- hoo boy.

So it seems Savage conquered the world in 2166. So it took Savage another 142 years after Flash's disappearance in 2024 in the original timeline to conquer the world. But hmm, you would think that since the Flash was created earlier, so would the Justice League in theory and they would stop Savage... eh. Time travel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JamesStrecker518

JamesStrecker518 Illustrator, "Legacies of the DCAU"
    Staff Member Moderator

This looks to be an exciting series. I am very intrigued by the team in particular. I don't believe we've ever seen this specific grouping in any DC incarnation before. I could be wrong. The main thing that irks me about the series' promotion is that I was not shocked/moved at all when Sara came back to life, Ray Palmer wasn't dead, Ronnie died, and Hawkgirl showed up...because I knew all of that was going to happen from just one teaser. In fact, we knew Ray "wasn't dead, just...tiny" or whatever before he even "died" on the show. So...a little wonky advertising there, CW. But, I am still very excited to watch the show. I'm glad they're shoving all of Arrow and Flash's loose heroes/villains into a show together so those two shows can feel less cluttered. It also opens doors for even new characters and stories they couldn't tell right now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

With the way Supergirl's ratings have been following they're going to need that crossover.

Constantine on Legends of Tomorrow would be awesome, Matt Ryan is just so damn perfect in the role. Legends of Tomorrow is great for well-cast heroes from cancelled DC TV series (looking at you, Supergirl) or who are just unable to support their own series while still being deserving of spotlight (looking at you, Atom). The DC TV universe is getting so big, I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the greenman

7. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

The frustrating thing is Super Girl is doing pretty good, but not as good as CBS anticipated. Sometimes execs want the world when they own the nation :-\.

As far as Constantine goes, the latest I've heard from the Youtube in crews is that CURRENTLY, the working idea is to use Constantine as the call to action for season 2 like Rip Hunter is in season 1.

The word of caution stems from the fact that Legends is over budget (apparently) and all but being green lit for 16 or 18 episodes despite being over budget.

Basically, it sounds like the cautionary motions we're hearing stem from the fact there's fear that Legends might not do as good as the money spent on it suggests it should. At this rate, the series is going to have to do stupidly super well for the execs to not kneejerk all over it. I fear that even if the series actually does better then Arrow and Flash there's going to be crocodile tears its not doing well enough.

That being said, we know Ollie and Barry show up over the course of the series, we know there's mentions of Batman and Superman and there's some rumors Melissa Benoist has shown up on set of Legends in costume. Considering Arrow / Flash / Legends is filmed in Vancouver and Supergirl is filmed in Hollywood, that's significant if true.

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

10. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

You may want to keep your eyes peeled on today's TCA feeds (#TCA16, @TheCW_Legends and #DCLegends on Twitter, for instance) and this link[​IMG] for some new stuff on Legends of Tomorrow.

So far they've stated that the series is "Guardians of the Galaxy meets Doctor Who", can be watched without viewing either The Flash or Arrow, and are taking inspiration from 12 Monkeys and Back to the Future for their time-traveling rules (one rule states that characters can not revisit moments in time they been to through the show's duration).

11. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. the greenman

1/13: Very cool. I was hoping to see more extraneous DC characters.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

2/1:Actor Jonathan Schaech teases his Jonah Hex:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv...teases-his-jonah-hex-look-for-legends-a130605

EDIT: Now that we have Hex, we may get another superhero team:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3768049

3/2: As I'm not a fan of the actor's portrayal, Hawkman will be back:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv...-and-ciara-rene-tease-hawkmans-return-a131614

3/24: Synopsis for Jonah Hex ep:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv...-for-the-jonah-hex-episode-of-legends-a132514

#133 the greenman, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  13. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

• Like Like x 3
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like there's a lot of exciting stuff left in store for the rest of Legends of Tomorrow:

- Holy crud, Talia!? Didn't expect her to exist in this universe, or be Ra's daughter before Nyssa. I wonder what happened to her o_O.

- Schaech is looking decent as Hex :cool:.

- It looks like the Time Masters are going full-on Skynet on the Legends, and Atom is going Terminator :D.

- Of course Felicity would find her way into this show :p.

- Cool to see a younger Detective Lance and Sara again :).

- So Atom is going to grow bigger on TV a little before Ant-Man grows bigger in Civil War. Actually, for the life of me, I don't think I've ever seen Atom actually grow large instead of just shrink :confused:.

- Professor Stein, no :eek:!!!

- Surprised they're not addressing what happened to Heat Wave at all...

- At least Ray was important enough in history to get a museum and robots in his likeness dedicated to him ;).

15. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm they can never properly mess up Jonah's face enough.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think post-Zero Hour (mid-90s), the Atom could grow large for a brief time.

17. the greenman

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My first guess was instantly Booster, and that he's the "beloved" character in the finale, but I think I saw that debunked on another website :sweat:.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Legends of Tomorrow Season One home entertainment release info and it's out on August 23

20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator