1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by GWOtaku, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I always figured it was Iowa, they're the only midwest state with no death penalty and gay marriage plus it can't be those states since that would mean Caitlin would be able to visit her fiance in Pittsburg more often.

I'm just gonna post this.

[​IMG]

2. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Bringer of the Light

This map is pretty good where the Holy Trinity is concerned for their classic and contemporary locations.

The others are all over the place and that's pretty fair because they've moved around so much; truthfully.

That's a newish take for me having the Flash in Kansas or Missouri. Young Justice placed Central City around Harrisburg, PA (The Capital of PA) and that's pretty close to where I'm familiar with Central City being. Fairly, I have seen instances of him being all over the country, though usually close enough to a body of water that he could run there in a few minutes / few seconds depending how fast he's gotten. Keystone City is often a reference to PA being the Keystone State.

Coast City, I recall hints being dropped it was often in one of the Carolinas (again, in the comics). But Flordia and California have been strongly implied too.

However, in the Flarrowverse, its unquestionable that Starling City, Central City and Coast City all have to be on the West Coast. All three shows (so far) being on the West Coast seriously gives us good reason why we haven't heard of Batman or Superman outside the easter eggs.

The only thing that is REALLY throwing me for a curve ball in the Flarrowverse is where Bludhaven is. They've name dropped it enough to suggest it's "close". I don't think they'd send Ollie and Roy would go to the east coast for a "weekend get away" as they've often done. Sticking Bludhaven on the West Coast is a major departure.

On the process of some random musings currently unrelated to Flarrow:
    - I'm having a hard time buying Aquaman on the west coast. Florida always seemed like THEE PLACE for him; particularly because the Bermuda Triangle comes up in many of his stories.
    - I never followed the Hawks well enough to have a perception of where they were, but in Louisiana --- this seriously feels off. It might be about context with this, but its the only one on the map that makes me go "WHAT?!".
    - I never thought about Dr. Fate in Vegas, but it makes a surprising amount of sense.
    - JSA in NYC gives me a serious "WHAT?!" too. There had been a number of stories where the Hall of Justice was cited to be Valley Forge, PA (Major Civil War site). As people trended towards forgetting the significance of Valley Forge, later stories post the Silver Age moved it to Washington, D.C.

3. Magmaster12

No it didn't[​IMG]

4. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Makes sense for speedsters to be based in the middle of the country.

5. Lighthammer

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My biggest takeaway from this is that, somehow, Swamp Things city of Houma has the lowest crime rate among the cities. And he's not even really a crimefighter :sweat:.

And I'm shocked Bludhaven has a lower crime rate than Gotham. Isn't it supposed to be worse than Gotham is? And you'd think Metropolis would have a low crime rate with Superman on the job, and maybe even Gotham with the entire Bat-Family active there, but I guess not :ack:.

And where's Aquaman and Mercy Reef :confused:?

7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

8. Lighthammer

Errr --- that's a major change. Last thing that was reported is the contract outright stated they wanted to allow for the possibility of a cross over.

I guess we're getting into the same problem as typical: Turner hanging that mighty dollar over all the sub-networks and going "FIGHT!".

This must be a stupidy new development because shortly before the upfronts, they were iterating this clause in the contract.

9. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Ha, I so called it. Not that it's a good thing that I did, but I was thinking this would happen ever since that time someone from CBS (was their president or something) completely shot down any crossovers. The fact that it was even thought of as a possibility after this just means we weren't thinking clearly. Anyways, I say this makes more sense, with the whole Superman situation. Plus, Supergirl gets to stand on her own now. I expect the same thing will happen with Titans and the whole Batman situation.

10. Lighthammer

Honestly, after seeing the Green Arrow / Super Girl dynamic in Justice League Unlimited, this makes me especially sad.

11. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

It's not just the number of annual crimes. Look at the population sizes. Bludhaven has more crime per capita than Gotham.

12. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me at this point. These guys originally said Arrow would never involve anything with super powered beings. They sure changed their tune in one season.

My issue with Flash is theyve pretty much exhausted the main rogues gallery in ONE SEASON. Why are they rushing?! It just feels like these guys are poor storytellers and they use the villains and crossovers to make up for it on fan service.

13. reflection01

It makes sense storywise. If the explanation for most of the powered rogues is that they're a result of the particular accelerator explosion, you can't have major powered villains showing up 2 or 3 years after the explosion. So they introduced Flash's powered rogues and now most of them are out to cause more trouble down the road.

14. Magmaster12

There's still Mirror Master, Pyscho Pirate, Mr.Element. Abra Kadabra, and The Top. All the villains I just named weren't meta humans though.

15. the greenman

Yeah, Mirror Master is the one major Flash rogue left. As villains go, they pretty much got all of 'em.

16. Lighthammer

First, not sure if I missed this / didn't notice, but good on you reminding us about Leonard Nimoy through your avatar. I feel like not enough people are remembering him.

Less I digress.

Re: Supergirl --- I hear/understand why CBS is throwing their foot down on this. I *DO* wonder if this means the reports on what was in the contract changed or weren't accurate.

However, here's almost what I am going to predict is going to happen (save contractual obligations); even back when reports were spinning that Supergirl was, in fact, going to be in continuity, there was some stark points made that there would be little to no crossover material during season 1.

I have a sense, however, they might do what they've done on Arrow; sneak in references and watch how receptive they are to the audience and use that to make a case that they should do it. It's going to be a harder sell considering CBS's reasons, but I think they'll make a point through easter eggs and retackle the issue down the road.

RE: Flash's Rogue Gallery

We've only touched a small portion of the Rogue's Gallery from Flash, but we did setup a number of them for awesome interactions down the road.

Flash has a very unique relationship with his Rogue's. There's more heart with his rogues compared to other heroes. It's almost more of a game with them. Flash's interaction with Captain Cold this season is a good example of how he interacts with many persons in his rogue gallery. He doesn't outright stop them; he tries to make them be better people (sometimes better crooks through this intent).

17. the greenman

Thanks. Yeah, big fan of Nimoy. The avatar is more of a hope the new films revisit the Mirrorverse.

As for Supergirl in the "Flarrowverse" (indeed good name), yeah like anything they need to take their time with this stuff. Flash is setting up multiverses, so Legends can play deeper in that pool. The ratings for Supergirl would probably, unfortunately have to be pretty bad on CBS' end in order for the EP to make a defense for crossover. Or all of the series would have to be highly rated and critical to the point buzz would be undeniable about a crossover.

Yes, Lighthammer is correct in the need to stealthingly drop hints that will lead to possibility of crossover. Personally, I'd hope Supergirl introduces Professor Hamilton, which will open up that lead way of a genius on their end.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah! I see now :sweat:.
    Well, Abra Kadabra is pretty big too, but as far as iconic members of The Rogues are concerned Mirror Master is definitely the only one left.

But I wouldn't say they rushed through them all, so much as just went about establishing all of them in the first season and setup The Rogues as a group and Flash's Rogues Gallery so that they can be expanded on in season 2. Most of them still haven't even properly joined up with Cold yet, either. I'd actually have been fairly disappointed if they played the long game with The Rogues and the Supervillains and had most of them not turn up in the first season, so I'm quite pleased with how Flash has dealt with them ;).

If they kept killing them off one by one there'd be problem, but thankfully the show has avoided that :).

19. reflection01

20. Magmaster12

Who would they even have her fight?