1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by GWOtaku, Feb 26, 2015.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Would've preferred Brave and the Bold, or maybe even Justice Society, but I can live with this :).

I wonder what the unstoppable threat is supposed to be? With Atom headlining it, and all the time-travel, I think Chronos might be likely but otherwise I don't have a clue. They probably can't use Darkseid or Apocalypse since they're on a CW budget, Smallville already did that, and there's probably an embargo preventing them from using that property :sweat:.

3. the greenman

I was thinking Vandall Savage. I don't know much about Chronos, but Savage seems to work on all levels of villainy.

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I only assumed Chronos because he's The Atom's archenemy and is a time-traveller, but Vandal Savage is even better :).

5. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I'd say both Chronos, who really isn't in Savage's league as a villain, and Savage. Especially if they can use Vandal's daughter, Scandal.

Anyone care to guess where Legends of Tomorrow will wind up on CW's schedule? There were 0 superhero shows on Thursdays this season, and you know Supergirl won't air there on CBS due to football for the first month or two. If Fox keeps Gotham on Mondays, and CW leaves Flash & Arrow where they are (Tuesday & Wednesday, respectively), that leaves Thursdays wide open. Or Fridays.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Meet the Legends of Tomorrow:

[​IMG]

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

The Newsarama article mentions that Caity Lotz will be playing a character named White Canary, who is presumably a resurrected Sarah Lance.

8. the greenman

Wasn't she a villainess in Birds of Prey? So thats three villains and three heroes. Hmmm, interesting.

9. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Should I worry they might be making Captain Cold an anti hero than a straight up villain? I love the portrayal of the character, but as a VILLAIN. Not as a potential anti hero.

10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It's probably just a case of in name only. White Canary was a Chinese assassin obsessed with killing Black Canary, while this just seems like them trying to find a name that fits since Laurel is Black Canary now.

Vandal Savage will be the main villain!

They also confirmed that Sara

#50 RoryWilliams, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt they'll be making Sara a villain, even if that's the moral alignment that the White Canary moniker has been associated with, and is probably more to highlight her being alive now than anything else. And it would be a little confusing to keep her as Black Canary now :sweat:.

I'm not too worried, especially after the latest Flash. Snart will do good things if it benefits him and stops something that would interfere with his work in Central City, and is a criminal through-and-through. I don't see he and Heat Wave making a full-change for into anti-heroes, rather I see them in this as just being in it to save their own skins and their own world. So once this mini-series is over, I expect that for the most part Cold and Heat Wave will go back to what they're good at :).

The Rogues are also still expanding and I'd be shocked if we didn't see Captain Cold menacing Flash even more in season 2 ;).

Though it's still weird seeing Professor Stein in this and without Ronnie. You'd think they'd need a complete Firestorm rather than just one-half :confused:.

12. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

And here the trailer

Finally shrinking Atom.

#52 ShadowGUN, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
  13. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The Atom's new power was hinted at in the Arrow season finale

I love this trailer. DC is winning so much with their TV shows (let's not count the cesspool of bad writing that is Gotham).

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Holy crud that was awesome! I can't wait till January :cool:.

Highlights:

- I liked the montage of Oliver and Barry recounting their beginnings as heroes, especially considering that Arrow and Flash pretty much ushered in the age of heroes in the DCTVU...Arrow in particular. Also glad to see that they'll have some involvement in this, since it wouldn't be right to not have two of this universes founding heroes be a part of its first real Superteam.

- Also glad to see Sara again, and get confirmation that we will actually see a complete Firestorm in this :).

- British Rip Hunter seems like Constantine with time-travel :sweat:.

- Brief glimpses of Hawkgirl's suit looks like it's still the classic green and yellow with wings. Can't wait to see the full-suit ;).

- Oh Professor Stein :p.

- At 2:10...is that Thawne :eek:!?

- Vandal Savage! Awesome! A fitting villain to cause the formation of a proto-Justice League. Seems like The Legends have to come together to stop a big plan that Savage and his army have been cooking up all throughout history and that's come to fruition in the present-day. I wonder when we'll hear about who'll be playing him?

- He shrinks! The Atom finally shrinks :D!!!

#54 Frontier, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  15. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Well. I'm all in for this. If the show lasts a couple seasons, I really hope they rotate the cast/roster with new DC characters in each season.

16. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

This looks absolutely fantastic. The ATOM finally shrinks! I so geeked out at that.:)

17. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I still wish they can fit the DC Trinity in this universe. Just because it's a different continuity from the movies, that doesn't mean we can't use the same characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) but with a different cast. If the Flash can exist here, then why not Supes?

18. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What a strange mish mash of a group...could be fun. It seems very ambitious though.

19. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Well. Supes does exist in Supergirl's universe.
    The rationale is simply to stay away from characters that will appear in movies just so lesser known/obscure characters get the spotlight. The only time this becomes an issue is when characters get cut short from the show because they'll appear in one of the movies.
    Barry Allen's Flash may not be an issue as long as movie Flash is one of 3-4 other speedsters.

LoT is surprisingly more out there than The Flash in a campy sort of way.
    I'll give this my attention, in any case.

20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not keen on there's only half of Firestorm, Sarah's back from the dead (horrifically contrived), and Captain Cold and Heatwave are helping save the day.
    But this looks cool, and I love all that the DCTVU is doing (except Gotham) so I'll check it out.