1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by GWOtaku, Feb 26, 2015.

1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

The new castings sound awesome. I'm glad to see Darville in another series, too, as he is definitely one of my favorite Companions of the Doctor.

I imagine with Kendra we'll have numerous flashbacks ala Arrow where we see her past lives.

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Hawkgirl is awesome I love how they're using her.

I still have hope the final character is Black Lightning every is saying Static even though that would make no sense at all.

Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter? That moment you realize your husband is a DC fanboy
    [​IMG]

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So, that's so far:

Am I missing anyone?

I'm curious if they'll get around to Vixen though. Weird to do animated but not live-action.

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Heat Wave is in it too, and we're not sure if Professor Stein will be showing up as part of Firestorm in this.

5. Magmaster12

Why do they need Heatwave if they already have one guy who can set thing on fire?

6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He sounds a lot like Cyborg :sweat:.

The only African-American DC hero with a Jackson in his name that I can think of is pre-Flashpoint Aqualad (Jackson Hyde), but that's probably not him. Looking it up, there was a Jefferson Jackson who went to school with Ronnie Raymond...

Though the mention of the STAR labs crew makes it sound like we'll be seeing them in the crossover as well :).

8. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Black Lightning--Jefferson Pierce, schoolteacher.
    Static--Virgil Hawkins--high school student.
    Black Vulcan--no secret ID was ever revealed on Super Friends (1977-85).
    Cyborg--Victor Stone.

That to me says it's likely Black Vulcan, since DC doesn't want to pay Tony Isabella royalties (so he says) for Black Lightning, although he was used in subsequent DC-WB cartoons (i.e. Batman: The Brave and the Bold). Could be wrong, of course.

9. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I really don't care for media-created characters all that much. I kinda do understand they don't want to pay royalties, be tied to characters with a legacy and fanbase, or keep the audience in mystery. However there's always exceptions (Harley Quinn), but it does kinda annoy me.

Aside the characters mentioned, there is Mal Duncan (Vox or Guardian), but doubt that too. His powerset next to Black Canary? :p

10. hobbyfan

Mal's too close to Canary in terms of particular powers.

11. hobbyfan

Just read an online piece that suggests that "Jay Jackson" is a cover for Wally West, which would fit with Flash, both the TV show and the soon-to-be-defunct New 52.

12. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Halloween

Super Hero Shows are big ratings these days. As really they have the Avengers to thank over it.

13. Magmaster12

What would be the point of having two adult Flashes running around.

I'm all for diversity but clearly this Berlanti stroking his ego over making an african american Flash.
    I mean they seriously couldn't at least make him much younger then Barry.

14. hobbyfan

We don't know that for sure.

15. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

They could always not call him 'The Flash'. If name and the speed are the only thing that make a character interesting then there isn't much point to anything.

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Firstly, I don't think this is a cover for Wally. I think they would've been more upfront about it and at least have the character description more resemble the character, barring the fact that they will likely already be race-changing the character when he shows up in the DCTVU. He's too big a character for the Flash mythos to not appear on Flash proper, and in spinoff headlined by the Atom doesn't seem like the right place for him to pop up in my opinion :ack:.

And if they do have Wally pop up, I'm betting he will indeed be younger than Barry (maybe around Roy's general age) and won't be quite as much an adult like Barry so as to play up the differences and contrasts between the two. The Flash could use his classic sidekick after all, and I expect that if we see Wally, and as a Speedster, it will be as Kid Flash in some form :cool:.

17. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

They could make him come from the future and be Barry and Isis son

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If they did that, then it'd probably be some version of Bart. Which, while also being cool and could work around using Kid Flash as a codename since they could just use Impulse, wouldn't have as much impact as seeing Wally :(.

19. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

20. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

I actually wanted them to do like Bruce Timm's DC Animated shared universe, save the ensemble show for until the solo shows are done.
    I imagine Flash and Arrow still getting assistance from their behind the scenes allies, that might consume too much of the show time.